- AG: Mitchell officer fatally shot armed man during struggle Updated: Sep-04-15 10:47 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The state Division of Criminal Investigation is investigating a Mitchell police officer's fatal shooting of a man after a struggle for the man's gun during an early-morning disturbance call.
- Attorney general: Woman who died in jail was being monitored Updated: Sep-03-15 5:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A 24-year-old South Dakota woman who suffered a fatal methamphetamine overdose while in custody was asked repeatedly by jail staff whether she had taken any illegal drugs and was moved to a holding cell for special monitoring after her cellmate requested medical attention for her, authorities said Thursday.
- 19-year-old man charged in Yankton officer-involved shooting Updated: Sep-02-15 6:59 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - The South Dakota Attorney General's office says a 19-year-old man shot by a police officer in Yankton has been charged with attempted murder.
- Residents petition to keep Highway 50 passing lanes Updated: Aug-29-15 7:04 pm
TYNDALL, South Dakota - More than 500 people in the Bon Homme County area have signed a petition to keep five four-lane passing sections on state Highway 50 between Avon and Yankton.
- Rapid City mayor appointed to law enforcement commission Updated: Aug-26-15 7:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley has appointed the mayor of Rapid City to serve on the Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Training Commission.
- Report: Public misled by South Dakota's online laws Updated: Aug-23-15 4:28 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - If you want to know the law in South Dakota, don't look at the laws.
- SD Attorney General warning of IRS phone scam Updated: Aug-23-15 2:17 am
- Omaha pastor and wife among 4 killed in fiery head-on crash Updated: Aug-21-15 7:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A popular Omaha minister who founded a nonprofit organization devoted to giving hope to inner city teens was among four people killed in a fiery head-on crash on Interstate 90 near Alexandria, authorities said Friday.
- Supreme Court reverses attempted fetal homicide conviction Updated: Aug-20-15 5:31 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's Supreme Court reversed the attempted fetal homicide conviction Thursday of a man accused of spiking his girlfriend's beverages with an herb in 2010 to try to induce an abortion.
- Critic of South Dakota foster care arrested on old charge Updated: Aug-19-15 5:28 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Family members of a Crow Creek Sioux Tribe woman who has spoken out against South Dakota's handling of Native American children in foster care are questioning whether her arrest on a 13-year-old charge was politically motivated.
- Highway 11 closed south of Sioux Falls for flood project Updated: Aug-18-15 2:47 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation says Highway 11 is closed south of Sioux Falls.
- Autopsy: Woman in Brown County jail died of meth overdose Updated: Aug-13-15 10:31 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A 24-year-old woman who was found unresponsive in a Brown County jail cell and later died suffered a meth overdose, South Dakota's attorney general announced Thursday.
- Patrol, tribal police work together at Dakota Nation powwow Updated: Aug-13-15 6:07 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Troopers from the South Dakota Highway Patrol are working with the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe again this year to help provide additional law enforcement for the Dakota Nation powwow this weekend.
- AG: State law prohibits exchanging gifts for signatures Updated: Aug-12-15 4:17 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Attorney General is reminding the public that state law prohibits gifts or promises in exchange for signing initiative petitions.
- AG: Deputy justified in using lethal force in Salem shooting Updated: Aug-12-15 2:08 pm
SALEM, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley says a sheriff's deputy who shot a drunken bar patron in southeastern South Dakota last month was justified in using lethal force.
- Agency: No evidence of fetal tissue sale in South Dakota Updated: Aug-11-15 8:38 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Health Department hasn't received any reports or evidence that the sale of fetal tissue has occurred in South Dakota since the agency started regulating abortion facilities in 2006, the department confirmed Tuesday amid a national furor over Planned Parenthood.
- Court affirms South Dakota judge's gay marriage ban ruling Updated: Aug-11-15 8:04 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A federal appeals court affirmed a judge's ruling that struck down South Dakota's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, allowing attorneys for the couples who challenged the law to proceed with their plan to seek legal fees from the state.
- Wisconsin man killed in crash on I-90 in South Dakota Updated: Aug-10-15 6:10 am
VALLEY SPRINGS, South Dakota - Authorities say a Wisconsin man was killed and three others were hurt when the pickup he was driving on Interstate 90 crashed two miles west of the South Dakota-Minnesota border.
- Despite record attendance, DUI arrests down at Sturgis rally Updated: Aug-08-15 6:40 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - This year's Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is estimated to have been one of the busiest on record, but officials with the state Highway Patrol say they've actually seen a decrease in drunken driving arrests, in part because of a spike in traffic accidents in the area.
- Deadline approaching to apply to be a Highway Patrol trooper Updated: Aug-07-15 3:02 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol says there's still time to apply to be a state trooper.
- US Sen. Mike Rounds supports Huckabee's presidential bid Updated: Aug-06-15 3:37 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds has endorsed former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's bid for the White House in 2016.