- Giants drop 5 1/2 games behind Dodgers after 2-1 loss Updated: Sep-02-15 2:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Down a run in the seventh inning with runners on second and third and one out, the Giants were trying to rally.
- Dodgers beat Giants 2-1 for 2nd win over rivals in same day Updated: Sep-02-15 2:44 am
LOS ANGELES - Nothing the San Francisco Giants did fazed Zack Greinke. It was a hole on the mound where he pushes off with his right foot that bothered him.
- Cuban defector Hector Olivera joins Braves for final month Updated: Sep-01-15 7:00 pm
ATLANTA - In what is shaping up as their worst season since 1990, the Atlanta Braves at least have a little something to be excited about in the final month of the season.
- OF Chris Heisey returns to Dodgers in deal with Toronto Updated: Sep-01-15 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers acquired outfielder Chris Heisey from the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations in a minor league deal.
- LEADING OFF: Bumgarner vs. Greinke, rosters reboot Updated: Aug-31-15 9:20 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Tuesday:
- Flores helps Mets surge in fascinating deadline postscript Updated: Aug-31-15 2:57 am
For the New York Mets, August has been like a dream, and nothing sums up their charmed life better than the saga of Wilmer Flores.
- Arrieta pitches no-hitter for Cubs in 2-0 win over Dodgers Updated: Aug-31-15 1:23 am
LOS ANGELES - Even after pitching his first career no-hitter, Jake Arrieta wasn't too big to wear his PJs.
- Dodgers no-hit for 2nd time in 10 days with 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-31-15 1:11 am
LOS ANGELES - This isn't how the Los Angeles Dodgers wanted to go into a crucial three-game series against the second-place Giants.
- Jake Arrieta of Cubs working on no-hitter against Dodgers Updated: Aug-30-15 10:42 pm
- Vin Scully: 2016 will be final season in booth for Dodgers Updated: Aug-29-15 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vin Scully said Saturday that 2016 will be his last season in the broadcast booth for the Los Angeles Dodgers, which would mark the end of his record 67-year tenure with the same franchise.
- Pro teams push California to offer high-stakes raffles Updated: Aug-29-15 2:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The pitch is for charity, but the call could favor California's professional sports teams.
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.
- Dodgers' Yasiel Puig lands on DL with strained hamstring Updated: Aug-28-15 9:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers put Yasiel Puig on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring, the same injury that sidelined him earlier in the season.
- Dodgers finish sweep of Reds with 1-0 win Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 pm
- Dodgers activate RHP Nicasio from DL Updated: Aug-25-15 5:26 pm
CINCINNATI - The Los Angeles Dodgers have activated right-hander Juan Nicasio from the 15-day disabled list.
- Dodgers option Garcia to minors with Nicasio set to return Updated: Aug-24-15 3:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have optioned right-handed reliever Yimi Garcia to Triple-A Oklahoma City in anticipation of pitcher Juan Nicasio's return from the 15-day disabled list.
- Dodgers drop fifth straight, Castro's HR gives Astros sweep Updated: Aug-23-15 7:33 pm
- Castro's homer in 10th gives Astros 3-2 win over Dodgers Updated: Aug-23-15 7:09 pm
- LA Dodgers' luxury tax payroll could top $300 million Updated: Aug-20-15 5:39 pm
NEW YORK - Chase Utley's acquisition put the Los Angeles Dodgers close to becoming the first baseball team with a $300 million luxury-tax payroll.
- Phillies trade Chase Utley to Dodgers Updated: Aug-20-15 7:35 am
PHILADELPHIA - Chase Utley is reuniting with Jimmy Rollins in Hollywood.
- Athletics hold off Dodgers 5-2 for 2-game interleague sweep Updated: Aug-19-15 8:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jesse Chavez's record hardly tells the story of his season and first year as a full-time starter.
- Puig's hamstring injury not considered serious, day to day Updated: Aug-19-15 4:01 pm
OAKLAND, California - Los Angeles Dodgers right fielder Yasiel Puig underwent an MRI exam on his injured right hamstring Wednesday that showed a mild strain, and the medical staff doesn't expect him to need a stint on the disabled list.
- A's edge Dodgers 5-4 in 10 Updated: Aug-19-15 2:56 am
OAKLAND, California - Mark Canha had reason to celebrate. He had a career night against one of the top pitchers in the game and scored the winning run.
- Dodgers replace 3rd base coach with Ron Roenicke Updated: Aug-17-15 4:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have hired Ron Roenicke to replace Lorenzo Bundy as third base coach for the remainder of the season.
- Greinke dominates, hits go-ahead HR as Dodgers beat Reds 2-1 Updated: Aug-16-15 8:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Zack Greinke is one of only three pitchers in major league history to win a Cy Young Award, a Silver Slugger and a Gold Glove.