- North Korea's media praise Trump talk about US troops Updated: Jun-01-16 2:34 am
TOKYO - Donald Trump appears to be finding some friends in North Korea.
- South Korea says North Korea missile launch likely failed Updated: May-31-16 10:12 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - A North Korean missile launch likely failed on Tuesday, the U.S. and South Korean militaries said, the fourth in a series of high-profile failures that somewhat tempers recent worries that the North is pushing quickly toward its goal of a nuclear-tipped missile that can reach America's mainland.
- Uganda to stop security cooperation with North Korea Updated: May-30-16 12:09 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda is cutting military ties with North Korea to comply with U.N. sanctions over North Korea's nuclear program, a Ugandan official said Monday following a meeting between President Yoweri Museveni and South Korea's visiting president.
- North Korea threatens South's ships after sea border chase Updated: May-28-16 12:30 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Saturday threatened to fire at South Korean warships if they cross into its waters, a day after the South's navy fired warning shots to chase away two North Korean ships that briefly crossed a disputed western sea boundary.
- EU imposes more airplane, shipping sanctions on North Korea Updated: May-27-16 11:37 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union has added several measures to its North Korea sanctions list because of the regime's continued nuclear and missile testing programs.
- Nuclear-free aspirations of Obama, Abe conflict with reality Updated: May-26-16 6:52 am
TOBA, Japan - There is the soaring rhetoric. And then there's the messy reality.
- North Korea names ex-nuclear envoy as new foreign minister Updated: May-17-16 10:21 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea has named a career diplomat and ex-nuclear envoy with broad experience in negotiating with rivals South Korea and the United States as its new foreign minister, according to a diplomatic letter from Pyongyang.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: May-11-16 5:04 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in the United States and abroad:
- Do blunders mean South Korea's spying apparatus is broken? Updated: May-11-16 4:58 am
SEOUL, South Korea - When it comes to spying on North Korea, rival South Korea seems to be wrong almost as much as it's right.
- Ex-N. Korea army head, who Seoul said was executed, is alive Updated: May-10-16 3:37 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A former North Korean military chief who Seoul had said was executed is actually alive and in possession of several new senior-level posts, the North's state media said Tuesday.
- China's Xi congratulates North Korea's Kim on new title Updated: May-10-16 1:39 am
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping extended his congratulations Tuesday to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on his new title of chairman of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea, underscoring traditional ties between the communist neighbors despite recent strains.