- Police seek man they believe involved in fatal shooting Updated: Jul-04-15 5:13 pm
ANDOVER, Connecticut - Connecticut police have released the name of a man fatally shot in Andover following an argument.
- Connecticut police seize fireworks worth nearly $250K Updated: Jul-02-15 12:35 pm
DANBURY, Connecticut - Connecticut state police say illegal fireworks worth nearly $250,000 have been seized from a home and a storage barn in Danbury.
- Ex-trooper gets 2 years in prison in sexual assault case Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A former Connecticut state trooper has been sentenced to two years in prison for sexually assaulting an 81-year-old woman.
- Connecticut lawmakers approve late state budget changes Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers approved some late changes early Tuesday morning to the new Democratic state budget that had drawn criticism from major state employers because of its tax increases on businesses and others.
- Indian tribe recognition process overhauled Updated: Jun-29-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Some Indian tribes may have a clearer path toward federal recognition under a new Obama administration rule that relaxes some requirements and speeds decision-making, potentially affecting hundreds of groups.
- State police spokesman leaving job to return to barracks Updated: Jun-29-15 12:02 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - The Connecticut State Police spokesman will be leaving the position after three months to return to Troop C in Tolland.
- Ride-booking firm ramps up recruiting despite bill's failure Updated: Jun-27-15 9:10 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers ran out of time to pass legislation that would have created a new regulatory system for ride-booking companies. But the firm Uber is ramping up recruitment of drivers across the state.
- Connecticut court upholds $1M verdict in priest abuse case Updated: Jun-26-15 3:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Supreme Court on Friday confirmed a $1 million jury verdict in a priest sexual abuse case against the Archdiocese of Hartford and upheld a 2002 state law that expanded the statute of limitations for bringing sex abuse claims.
- Panel wants AG to enforce subpoena of Democratic records Updated: Jun-25-15 2:47 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The State Elections Enforcement Commission is asking the Connecticut attorney general's office to enforce in court the panel's subpoena seeking records from the state Democratic Party.
- Scott says Connecticut officials help his recruitment effort Updated: Jun-25-15 11:36 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Florida's governor says Connecticut officials are unintentionally helping his effort to recruit out-of-state businesses by offering up state budgets that increase taxes.
- Connecticut House Democrats to hire outside media consultant Updated: Jun-19-15 7:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The majority Democrats in the Connecticut House of Representatives are hiring an outside media consulting firm to review the caucus' communications operations and recommend how it can improve getting its message out to the public.
- Towns oppose proposed Connecticut State Police firing range Updated: Jun-17-15 3:21 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police are again facing resistance in their latest attempt to find a location for a new firing range complex, this time by residents of two towns where potential new sites have been identified.
- Connecticut Supreme Court upholds firing of social worker Updated: Jun-12-15 3:47 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Supreme Court on Friday upheld a decision by the state Department of Children and Families to fire a social worker who was charged with manslaughter in the death of her own foster child.
- Connecticut House speaker: Quinnipiac needs new leadership Updated: Jun-10-15 9:32 am
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Connecticut House Speaker Brendan Sharkey says Quinnipiac University needs new leadership because the private school in Hamden has not seriously addressed underage drinking and loud parties by students living in residential neighborhoods.
- Connecticut GOP hopes to spend $500K on legislative races Updated: Jun-08-15 4:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The chairman of the Connecticut Republican Party says the state GOP plans to raise and spend $500,000 to try and win control of the General Assembly.
- Former House GOP leader to run wine and spirts wholesalers Updated: Jun-08-15 1:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The former Republican leader of the Connecticut House of Representatives has been named to oversee the Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of Connecticut.
- Connecticut Gov. Malloy endorses Clinton for president Updated: Jun-07-15 3:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Sunday endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton for president, saying she has the best experience to lead the country.