- Dodgers pitcher Frankie Montas has rib surgery Updated: Feb-12-16 10:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander Frankie Montas will be out two to four months after having rib resection surgery on Friday.
- Cain finally healthy and ready to rejoin Giants' rotation Updated: Feb-12-16 5:57 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - If the San Francisco Giants had any lingering concerns about Matt Cain's health, the veteran pitcher helped ease their minds with one impressive swing - on the golf course.
- Over and out: Some MLB teams open with little playoff shot Updated: Feb-12-16 3:57 pm
Spring training is a time for optimism, when players bask under the warm sun of Florida and Arizona while fans dream about their team reaching the bright lights of October.
- Pirates sign pitcher Cory Luebke to minor-league deal Updated: Feb-11-16 6:06 pm
- Padres hire Hideo Nomo to boost presence in Pacific Rim Updated: Feb-11-16 4:55 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have hired Hideo Nomo as an adviser to baseball operations to help expand their presence in the Pacific Rim.
- Veteran newsman Joe Danborn named AP's Rockies news editor Updated: Feb-11-16 1:36 pm
DENVER - Joe Danborn, a veteran editor for the Associated Press, has been named Rockies news editor for the cooperative.
- Belt, Giants agree at $6.2 million just before hearing Updated: Feb-10-16 4:10 pm
PHOENIX - First baseman Brandon Belt and the San Francisco Giants have agreed to a $6.2 million, one-year contract.
- Clippard says D-backs' potential drew him to Arizona Updated: Feb-09-16 11:55 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever Tyler Clippard says that Arizona's potential to contend for a title was a big reason he signed with the Diamondbacks.
- RHP Mat Latos agrees to $3M, 1-year deal with White Sox Updated: Feb-09-16 4:45 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos agreed Tuesday to a $3 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, giving manager Robin Ventura another option for the back end of his rotation.
- Skip Schumaker and Padres agree to minor league contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:56 pm
SAN DIEGO - Skip Schumaker has agreed to a minor league contract with the San Diego Padres and will be invited to big league spring training.
- 2016 Ride the Rockies to go from Carbondale to Fort Collins Updated: Feb-08-16 10:46 am
DENVER - The 2016 Ride the Rockies route will take cyclists 403 miles from Carbondale to Fort Collins.
- Fernando Rodney and Padres finalize $2 million, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-04-16 9:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - Reliever Fernando Rodney and the San Diego Padres completed their $2 million, one-year contract on Thursday.
- Kendrick and Dodgers finalize $20 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers finalized their $20 million, two-year contract with free-agent Howie Kendrick on Thursday, bringing back the second baseman in part because of his willingness to play multiple positions.
- Orioles get RHP Despaigne from Padres for minor leaguer Updated: Feb-04-16 3:17 pm
- Dodgers hire Maddux and Ibanez as special assistants Updated: Feb-02-16 6:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have hired Hall of Fame pitcher Greg Maddux and 19-year veteran Raul Ibanez as special assistants to Andrew Friedman in the team's front office.
- Reliever George Kontos, Giants agree to $1.15M, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Reliever George Kontos and the San Francisco Giants have agreed to a $1.15 million, one-year contract, avoiding salary arbitration.
- Braves' Foltynewicz continues recovery from blood clots Updated: Feb-01-16 4:39 pm
ATLANTA - Braves right-hander Mike Foltynewicz said Monday he hopes to be cleared this week to throw off a mound as he continues his recovery from life-threatening blood clots in his right shoulder.
- Arizona sending Milwaukee $6.5 million as part of Hill trade Updated: Feb-01-16 2:32 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks are giving the Brewers $6.5 million as part of the trade that sent infielder Aaron Hill and right-handed starter Chase Anderson and infielder Aaron Hill to Milwaukee for shortstop Jean Segura and righty Tyler Wagner.
- Driving to Dodger Stadium? Take the new Vin Scully Avenue Updated: Jan-30-16 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Driving to Dodger Stadium? From now on, take Vin Scully Avenue.
- Rays get OF Dickerson from Rockies for reliever McGee Updated: Jan-28-16 11:12 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Colorado's crowded outfield just wasn't big enough for Corey Dickerson.
- WVU to play Arizona Diamondbacks in exhibition next month Updated: Jan-26-16 10:13 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - The West Virginia University baseball team will play an exhibition game against the Arizona Diamondbacks next month.
- Charlie Blackmon and Rockies agree to $3.5 million deal Updated: Jan-25-16 6:14 pm
DENVER - Outfielder Charlie Blackmon and the Colorado Rockies avoided arbitration when they agreed to a $3.5 million, one-year contract.
- Urias, De Leon among 16 Dodgers' spring training invitees Updated: Jan-25-16 4:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - Young pitching prospects Julio Urias and Jose De Leon are among 16 players with minor league contracts who will attend big league spring training with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Gibson praises Upton after outfielder's arrival in Detroit Updated: Jan-23-16 5:30 pm
DETROIT - Kirk Gibson and Justin Upton are being reunited - sort of.
- Alexei Ramirez, Padres finalize $4 million, 1-year contract Updated: Jan-22-16 5:55 pm
SAN DIEGO - Shortstop Alexei Ramirez and the San Diego Padres have finalized a $4 million, one-year contract.