- Five-run inning lifts Giants past Brewers Updated: Jul-29-15 8:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A day after making a wild throw from the outfield, Hunter Pence certainly wasn't surprised to see the Milwaukee Brewers try to test his arm again.
- Castillo's 2 homers lead Arizona to 8-2 win over Seattle Updated: Jul-29-15 8:06 pm
SEATTLE - The season with so much expectation for the Seattle Mariners found a new low on Wednesday.
- Castillo's 2 homers lead Arizona to 8-2 win over Seattle Updated: Jul-29-15 7:41 pm
SEATTLE - Welington Castillo was ready to speak about his big day for Arizona only to pause when something on the television caught his attention.
- Rockies offense can't solve Lester in 3-2 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 7:19 pm
CHICAGO - Walt Weiss couldn't question his team's fight. But no matter how hard the Colorado Rockies battled, Jon Lester proved unbeatable.
- Dodgers scratch Kershaw from start vs A's with soreness Updated: Jul-29-15 6:58 pm
- Lester strikes out 14 to lead Cubs over Rockies 3-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester said he wasn't counting his K's, but he sure dominated like a big-time, big-money starter.
- Jose Reyes makes Rockies debut against Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 pm
- Reliever Ramirez to DL, Cubs promote pair of relievers Updated: Jul-29-15 1:54 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago placed right-handed relief pitcher Neil Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with left abdominal soreness.
- Diamondbacks' Delgado goes on DL after spraining ankle Updated: Jul-29-15 1:20 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks placed right-hander Randall Delgado on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained right ankle and recalled right-hander Addison Reed from Triple-A Reno.
- Giants miss chance to move into first place in NL West Updated: Jul-29-15 1:53 am
- Dodgers can't touch Gray in 3rd straight loss, 2-0 to A's Updated: Jul-29-15 1:50 am
LOS ANGELES - Sonny Gray's masterful pitching and Justin Turner's mysterious leg infection combined to ruin another homecoming for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Sonny Gray throws 3-hitter, Oakland A's beat Dodgers 2-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - With every pitch in a masterful three-hitter, Sonny Gray reminded the Oakland Athletics that their season is far from finished after a tumultuous few days.
- Beeler struggles after call-up in Cubs' 7-2 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-29-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Uncertainly on the back end of their starting rotation has been a problem for the Chicago Cubs. Dallas Beeler showed he's not the solution.
- Padres blanked again, Syndergaard dominates as Mets win 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:11 am
NEW YORK - Justin Upton and the San Diego Padres became the first major league team to face Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard more than once.
- Syndergaard dominates, Mets hit 2 homers to beat Padres 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 12:14 am
NEW YORK - Noah Syndergaard had the fans on their feet and the Padres in the palm of his hand. With one pinpoint pitch after another, he nearly turned a sour day for the New York Mets into a thrilling night at Citi Field.
- With Troy Tulowitzki traded, could Carlos Gonzalez be next? Updated: Jul-28-15 9:44 pm
DENVER - Troy Tulowitzki is gone. Carlos Gonzalez might be next. Maybe even just-acquired Jose Reyes.
- Dodgers' Turner goes to emergency room with leg infection Updated: Jul-28-15 9:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner went to an emergency room Tuesday for treatment on a pimple on his leg that turned into an infection.
- Mets' Syndergaard loses bid for perfect game on hit in 7th Updated: Jul-28-15 9:02 pm
NEW YORK - Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard has lost his bid for a perfect game when Will Venable singled on the first pitch of the seventh inning.
- Rockies call up 2 relievers, shortstop to round out roster Updated: Jul-28-15 8:56 pm
- Rockies, Blue Jays swap star shortstops Updated: Jul-28-15 12:38 pm
- Brewers lose another close game, miss comeback in ninth Updated: Jul-28-15 2:47 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Milwaukee Brewers thought they had a legitimate chance to come back in the ninth inning before everything backfired.
- Aoki returns from disabled list to face former Brewers team Updated: Jul-27-15 10:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Giants activated left fielder Nori Aoki from the 15-day disabled list Monday in time for him to return against the Milwaukee Brewers, who made a late scratch of right fielder Ryan Braun because of lower back tightness.
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Marlins Park proves a challenge for home run hitters Updated: Jul-27-15 1:00 pm
MIAMI - The weekend before the Reds' Todd Frazier won the All-Star Home Run Derby, he couldn't slug his way out of Marlins Park.
- Latos still can't beat Padres as Marlins lose 3-2 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Miami's Mat Latos isn't letting all the trade rumors affect his focus.