- Rockies stymied after fast start, lose 4-3 to D-backs in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 3:38 am
PHOENIX - The Colorado Rockies got off to a fine start on Friday night, but things fizzled.
- Pennington's sac fly in 10th wins it for Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 2:59 am
PHOENIX - Cliff Pennington added to his list of walkoff RBIs.
- Dodgers begin 10-game homestand with 2-1 loss to Mets Updated: Jul-04-15 2:56 am
- Mets begin road trip with 2-1 win over Dodgers Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Noah Snydergaard is growing up quickly in the major leagues.
- Cardinals lose again at home, 2-1 to Padres Updated: Jul-04-15 12:33 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was philosophical about the end of his 23-appearance scoreless streak on Friday night.
- Gyorko's 9th-inning RBI gives Padres 2-1 win over Cardinals Updated: Jul-04-15 12:08 am
ST. LOUIS - Jedd Gyorko learned a lot on his recent trip to the minor leagues.
- Peavy returns but Giants keep losing, 2-1 to Nationals Updated: Jul-03-15 10:18 pm
- Robinson's homer lifts Nats past Giants 2-1 Updated: Jul-03-15 8:59 pm
WASHINGTON - Clint Robinson, a 30-year-old non-roster invitee by Washington in spring training who had just 13 major league at-bats before this season, hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning to give the Nationals a 2-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Friday night.
- Diamondbacks' Corbin to make first start since 2013 Saturday Updated: Jul-03-15 7:12 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona left-hander Patrick Corbin is to start Saturday against Colorado in his first big league appearance in more than 1 ½ years.
- Giants designate playoff star Travis Ishikawa for assignment Updated: Jul-03-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The San Francisco Giants have designated postseason star Travis Ishikawa for assignment. The team also activated pitcher Jake Peavy from the disabled list and placed right-hander Tim Hudson on the DL with an injured shoulder.
- Padres Solarte ejected for arguing strikeout Updated: Jul-02-15 9:15 pm
ST. LOUIS - Yangervis Solarte of the San Diego Padres was ejected for arguing a strikeout on a checked swing in the sixth inning against the Cardinals on Thursday night.
- Fernandez homers in comeback to help Miami beat Giants, 5-4 Updated: Jul-02-15 6:00 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez's comeback required a comeback.
- Quintana paces White Sox to 7-1 win over Cardinals Updated: Jul-02-15 2:57 am
- Hernandez, Anderson lead Dodgers past Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-02-15 2:09 am
- Hernandez, Anderson lead Dodgers past Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-02-15 1:48 am
PHOENIX - Kike Hernandez is one of the seldom-used Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Giants' Posey leaves game after taking foul ball off mask Updated: Jul-01-15 11:14 pm
MIAMI - San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey left Wednesday's game against the Marlins as a precaution after taking a foul ball off his mask, and said he avoided serious injury.
- Murphy says he's shocked struggling Padres are so tense Updated: Jul-01-15 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - Pat Murphy has been interim manager of the San Diego Padres for 14 games, enough to form an opinion on the mindset of the struggling club.
- Walker throws 1-hit ball for 6 innings, Mariners top Padres Updated: Jul-01-15 8:18 pm
- Rockies offense shut down again in 4-1 loss to A's Updated: Jul-01-15 8:15 pm
OAKLAND, California - For only the third time this season, the Rockies failed to win a game that Chad Bettis started.
- Butler leads Hahn, Athletics past Rockies 4-1 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:27 pm
- Marlins' Jose Fernandez returns following 13-month layoff Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez says his long layoff was a life lesson, even if it was lousy for his career.
- Umpire Hallion hit in mask by foul, leaves Rockies-A's game Updated: Jul-01-15 4:30 pm
OAKLAND, California - Home plate umpire Tom Hallion has left the game between Colorado and Oakland in the top of the first inning after getting hit squarely in the mask by a foul tip.
- Bassitt makes emergency start for A's in 2-1 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-01-15 3:33 am
OAKLAND, California - Chris Bassitt was in Nashville early Tuesday morning when he learned he was going to pitch on short rest in Oakland that night. Hours later, he was on his way up from the minors.
- Right-leaning McCain comes up short in foul ball bid Updated: Jul-01-15 1:33 am
PHOENIX - The ball from the left and John McCain leaned to the right.
- Mariners rookie Montgomery loses no-hit bid in 7th vs Padres Updated: Jul-01-15 12:12 am