- Pomeranz throws 7 spotless innings but Padres lose 1-0 Updated: May-24-16 2:34 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Drew Pomeranz pitched seven shutout innings and still couldn't win. That's because he was matched against Johnny Cueto, who has allowed one run in his last 34 innings and tossed two shutouts against San Diego this season.
- Pence's bloop double in 9th lifts Giants past Padres 1-0 Updated: May-24-16 2:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Hunter Pence shook off the nagging pain in his tender right hamstring long enough to hit a fly ball to short right field that even some of his Giants teammates thought would be caught.
- Kershaw tosses 2-hitter in Dodgers' 1-0 win over Reds Updated: May-24-16 2:01 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw bailed out the Los Angeles Dodgers' exhausted bullpen with his third shutout of the season, and he was quick about it, too.
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch in win over Rockies Updated: May-23-16 7:54 pm
PITTSBURGH - With reliever Ryan Vogelsong making a spot start Monday in a game rescheduled from the day before, Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle knew that he was going need a few innings from his bullpen.
- Rockies unable to overcome Lyles' rough start vs. Pirates Updated: May-23-16 7:11 pm
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game Updated: May-23-16 1:59 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates pitcher Ryan Vogelsong was hit in the head by a pitch in the second inning and left the game against the Rockies.
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-23-16 12:30 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants aren't lighting up the scoreboard, but they're doing enough to keep piling up the wins.
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 Updated: May-22-16 11:44 pm
- Padres under fire for mishandling gay chorus' anthem Updated: May-22-16 10:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gay Men's Chorus is criticizing the San Diego Padres for mishandling the group's scheduled performance of the national anthem.
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday Updated: May-22-16 7:25 pm
PITTSBURGH - On the diamond, Juan Nicasio demonstrated part of the problem with Pittsburgh's rotation, allowing a pair of quick extra-base hits Sunday.
- Garcia struggles in Cardinals' 7-2 loss to Diamondbacks Updated: May-22-16 6:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis left-hander Jaime Garcia knew he was in for a long day even before he took the mound in Sunday's 7-2 loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt Updated: May-22-16 6:14 pm
SAN DIEGO - Plate umpire David Rackley left Sunday's Dodgers-Padres game after getting hit in the groin by a foul bunt attempt by Joc Pederson.
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - Zack Greinke felt as if he was becoming a little too predictable. So the Arizona right-hander decided to mix things up on Sunday.
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk Updated: May-22-16 3:03 am
SAN DIEGO - It was tough enough for the Los Angeles Dodgers to watch Melvin Upton Jr.'s two-run, walk-off home run Friday night.
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies Updated: May-22-16 2:23 am
PITTSBURGH - Mark Melancon was philosophical after his first loss of the season.
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 Updated: May-21-16 8:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - It was too little too late from the Arizona Diamondbacks offense on Saturday.
- Pirates 3B Kang exits with left hand injury after slide Updated: May-21-16 7:11 pm
- Cubs RF Jason Heyward out 3-5 games with side bruise Updated: May-21-16 6:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Chicago Cubs right fielder Jason Heyward will miss three to five games with a bruise on his right side near his ribs.
- Giants shut down by Arrieta in 8-1 loss to Cubs Updated: May-21-16 3:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants couldn't get anything going against Jake Arrieta. Then again, no team has in the regular season since last July.
- Cubs' Heyward leaves with apparent abdominal injury Updated: May-20-16 11:40 pm
- Tim Lincecum signs $2.5 million, 1-year deal with Angels Updated: May-20-16 8:24 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ravaged by injuries, the Los Angeles Angels are taking a chance on Tim Lincecum, the two-time NL Cy Young Award winner who is coming off major hip surgery and looking to regain his career.
- Longtime Giants third baseman Jim Ray Hart dies at 74 Updated: May-20-16 6:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Longtime San Francisco Giants third baseman Jim Ray Hart has died. He was 74.
- Bergman goes on DL as Rockies shake up bullpen Updated: May-20-16 5:25 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Colorado Rockies placed right-handed reliever Christian Bergman on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique and moved around pitchers to shake up their bullpen.
- 4 minor league players suspended for positive drug tests Updated: May-20-16 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - Four minor league players have been suspended after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.
- Trout homers again, Angels beat Dodgers 7-4 Updated: May-20-16 2:30 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Angels are rising right along with Mike Trout's batting average a month after both of them were scuffling.