- Kershaw to start Game 1 of NLDS against Mets Updated: Oct-06-15 11:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have set their pitching rotation for the first three games of their best-of-five NL playoff series against the New York Mets.
- Rockies will bring back manager Walt Weiss for another year Updated: Oct-06-15 10:41 pm
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss will return to the dugout next season after meeting with General Manager Jeff Bridich on Tuesday.
- Harvey misses Mets' workout, apologizes after late arrival Updated: Oct-06-15 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey is off to a horrendous start in his first postseason.
- Yomiuri Giants pitcher Fukuda suspended for bets on baseball Updated: Oct-06-15 4:43 am
TOKYO - A pitcher for the Yomiuri Giants, Japan's most popular baseball team, has been suspended for betting on games, including those involving his own team.
- After encouraging season, D-backs GM says 'we're close' Updated: Oct-05-15 9:26 pm
PHOENIX - A 15-game improvement in the standings with a core of talented young players and an aggressive style has the Arizona Diamondbacks believing they are headed in the right direction.
- Giants miss playoffs again after latest championship run Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The defending champion Giants missed the playoffs in yet another odd-year disappointment, as has become the recent pattern following title runs.
- Preller looking for manager to get Padres playing better Updated: Oct-05-15 6:43 pm
SAN DIEGO - Admitting his San Diego Padres "didn't have the right formula" this season, general manager A.J. Preller says he's looking for a manager who can get the underachieving team to play at a high level.
- Weiss' return with Rockies in limbo after losing season Updated: Oct-05-15 4:02 pm
DENVER - Nolan Arenado has the stats to be an MVP. His team doesn't have the wins to really give him any sort of chance.
- Diamondbacks fire pitching coach Mike Harkey Updated: Oct-05-15 2:55 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have fired pitching coach Mike Harkey.
- Bryant has best-selling baseball jersey; Bumgarner 2nd Updated: Oct-05-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs first baseman Kris Bryant has the most popular jersey among big leaguers this season, the first rookie to top the list since Major League Baseball and its players' union started releasing sales rankings from MLB.com's online shop in 2010.
- MLB: Chicago Cubs Kris Bryant jersey is top seller Updated: Oct-05-15 11:06 am
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant hasn't played a single game in the postseason but already he's a winner.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Heston ends rookie season on sour note as Giants lose 9-3 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Chris Heston finished his rookie year on a low note, allowing a season high in runs. He can still take plenty of positives into the winter as he looks ahead to 2016.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Padres lose to Dodgers 6-2; fall to 35-44 on road Updated: Oct-03-15 2:03 am
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Arenado's 42nd home run leads Rockies past Giants 9-3 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:41 am
- Dodgers beat Padres 6-2 to gain on Mets for home-field Updated: Oct-03-15 1:36 am
LOS ANGELES - There's something about Dodger Stadium that makes Alex Wood pitch especially well.
- Matz's back injury could cost him Division Series start Updated: Oct-03-15 12:50 am
- Dodgers organist Nancy Bea Hefley to retire after season Updated: Oct-02-15 11:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Nancy Bea Hefley, whose organ has provided the musical backdrop to the action on the field for the Los Angeles Dodgers for 28 years, said Friday she will retire at season's end.
- Vin Scully to miss Dodgers' final series of regular season Updated: Oct-02-15 8:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vin Scully is expected to miss the Los Angeles Dodgers' final regular-season series because of a cold.
- Paralyzed ex-player making his mark in D-backs front office Updated: Oct-02-15 4:04 pm
PHOENIX - Cory Hahn had his dream of playing professional baseball snatched away by a freak accident on a baseball diamond.
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.
- Rockies lose late 2-run lead, swept by Diamondbacks 4-3 Updated: Oct-02-15 2:37 am
PHOENIX - Every game in the series was close. And in every one, the Colorado Rockies came up short.
- Castillo's 2-run double lifts Diamondbacks past Rockies, 8-6 Updated: Oct-02-15 2:19 am
PHOENIX - It turns out the Arizona Diamondbacks will have something to play for after all in their final series of the 2015 season.