- Police: Puig gets swollen eye during encounter with bouncer Updated: Nov-27-15 11:50 pm
MIAMI - Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig sustained a swollen eye and facial bruises during a fight with a bouncer.
- Diamondbacks name Magadan hitting coach Updated: Nov-25-15 2:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have hired Dave Magadan as their hitting coach.
- Rockies trade Brothers to Cubs for Cabrera Updated: Nov-25-15 2:32 pm
- Pirates get right-hander Webster from Arizona for cash Updated: Nov-25-15 11:24 am
- Bud Black rejoins LA Angels in front-office job Updated: Nov-24-15 10:10 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Bud Black has rejoined the Los Angeles Angels as a special assistant to the general manager.
- Rockies' Reyes pleads not guilty to abusing wife in Hawaii Updated: Nov-24-15 9:20 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes is pleading not guilty to allegations of abusing his wife at a Hawaii resort.
- White Sox acquire RHP Kahnle from Rockies for minor leaguer Updated: Nov-24-15 5:31 pm
- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- Dodgers add pitchers Cotton and Stripling to 40-man roster Updated: Nov-21-15 12:18 am
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have selected the contracts of right-handed pitchers Jharel Cotton and Ross Stripling, adding them to the 40-man roster.
- Diamondbacks add 3 prospects to 40-man roster Updated: Nov-20-15 8:53 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have added three prospects to their 40-man roster and designated right-hander Allen Webster for assignment.
- Rockies designate Axford, Rosario for assignment Updated: Nov-20-15 7:29 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies have designated three relievers for assignment, including right-hander John Axford.
- Brandon Crawford ready to bring more championships to Giants Updated: Nov-18-15 5:54 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - When Brandon Crawford's agent called him to say his new deal with the San Francisco Giants had been completed, the shortstop was in the middle of a workout in the AT&T Park weight room. That's where San Francisco general manager Bobby Evans came to congratulate his player on a contract that keeps him here for another six years.
- Dodgers in the mix to bring back free agent Chase Utley Updated: Nov-18-15 5:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Los Angeles Dodgers are among about a half-dozen teams interested in acquiring free agent infielder Chase Utley, according to his agent.
- George Genovese, former baseball scout, dies at 93 Updated: Nov-16-15 11:41 pm
BURBANK, California - George Genovese, a minor league shortstop and manager who became a scout for the San Francisco Giants and signed such future standouts as Bobby Bonds, George Foster and Gary Matthews, has died. He was 93.
- Rasmus, Wieters, Anderson accept qualifying offers Updated: Nov-14-15 12:26 am
NEW YORK - Houston outfielder Colby Rasmus, Baltimore catcher Matt Wieters and Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Brett Anderson became the first three players to accept qualifying offers from their teams rather than remain free agents, and Boston obtained closer Craig Kimbrel from San Diego.
- Boston gets closer Kimbrel from Padres for 4 prospects Updated: Nov-14-15 12:17 am
- Dodgers starter Brett Anderson accepts qualifying offer Updated: Nov-13-15 8:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Starting pitcher Brett Anderson has accepted a $15.8 million qualifying offer from the Los Angeles Dodgers and will remain with the team in 2016.
- Ex-Nationals manager Matt Williams returns to D-Backs staff Updated: Nov-12-15 5:01 pm
PHOENIX - Matt Williams is returning to his old job as third base coach of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Seattle acquires Benoit from Padres for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Nov-12-15 4:59 pm
SEATTLE - Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto is wasting little time in addressing one of his team's most glaring needs.
- Dodgers hire 27-year-old TV announcer Joe Davis for 2016 Updated: Nov-11-15 9:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have hired a 27-year-old announcer to join their broadcast booth in 2016, which is expected to be Vin Scully's final season on the air.
- Yankees acquire Hicks from Twins, trade Pirela to Padres Updated: Nov-11-15 5:43 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - Yankees general manager Brian Cashman followed through on his vow to aggressively transform his team this offseason, acquiring switch-hitting outfielder Aaron Hicks from Minnesota for catcher John Ryan Murphy on Wednesday and dealing infielder Jose Pirela to San Diego for a minor league pitcher.
- Manfred hopeful for Cuba game; owners to discuss netting Updated: Nov-11-15 12:18 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred remains hopeful a big league team will play an exhibition game in Cuba during spring training.
- Former Braves, Angels pitcher Tommy Hanson dies at 29 Updated: Nov-10-15 11:53 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities are investigating the death of former Braves and Angels pitcher Tommy Hanson.
- D-Backs acquire Herrmann from Twins for prospect Palka Updated: Nov-10-15 6:41 pm
- Dodgers focused on hiring manager, improving pitching Updated: Nov-09-15 8:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Besides hiring a new manager, the Los Angeles Dodgers are focused on bulking up their rotation and bullpen this offseason.