- Georgia back-to-school tax holiday begins Friday Updated: Jul-29-15 4:09 am
ATLANTA - Georgia retail officials say an upcoming sales tax holiday is meant to offer shoppers back-to-school savings.
- 'Megaload' to slow traffic along Ga. interstates, highways Updated: Jul-27-15 3:26 pm
WHITE, Georgia - Officials say traffic in several parts of the state could be slowed or stopped while a large piece of machinery is hauled to northwest Georgia.
- Ga. debates Confederate carving set in stone and state law Updated: Jul-25-15 5:41 pm
ATLANTA - Art, monument or embarrassment?
- Henry Co. DUI crackdown dedicated to artist killed in crash Updated: Jul-18-15 11:40 am
MCDONOUGH, Georgia - A crackdown on drunk drivers and other traffic violations in Henry County this weekend was dedicated to an artist who was supposed to sculpt a statue of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. but died in a crash with a suspected drunk driver.
- Georgia governor orders review of Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-16-15 11:34 am
ATLANTA - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has ordered state health officials to review how Planned Parenthood clinics handle fetal organs.
- NAACP wants Confederate symbols taken off Georgia property Updated: Jul-14-15 7:57 pm
ATLANTA - The president of the Atlanta NAACP says the group wants Confederate symbols - including a giant carving at Stone Mountain Park - removed from all government-owned property and plans to pursue making those changes during the next legislative session.
- MLK sculptor remembered for art, passion after deadly crash Updated: Jul-13-15 2:19 pm
ATLANTA - The artist selected to sculpt a Martin Luther King Jr. statue for the Georgia Capitol grounds died Sunday after a weekend crash involving a suspected drunken driver, a coroner said. Andy Davis was 53.
- $834 million road project begins toll network around Atlanta Updated: Jul-12-15 3:58 pm
ATLANTA - An $834 million interstate toll-lane project is taking shape in the northwest Atlanta suburb, the start of an infrastructure makeover that officials say will lead to a network of reversible express lanes throughout the metro area.
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: Jul-08-15 4:08 pm
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
- Ga. lawmaker wants all police to honor immigration holds Updated: Jul-08-15 2:02 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia lawmaker says law enforcement agencies should be sanctioned for not cooperating with federal requests to keep people in the country illegally in jail.
- Drone supporters say ban around Georgia Capitol goes too far Updated: Jul-05-15 10:47 am
ATLANTA - Drone enthusiasts are calling a ban on the unmanned vehicles within five miles of Georgia's Capitol an overreach of authority by state officials, while agency officials argue the change is necessary and follows federal guidelines.