- Georgia primary voters stick with challenged incumbents Updated: May-24-16 11:55 pm
Georgia Republicans who fervently backed Donald Trump for president a few months ago ended up sticking with political insiders Tuesday as incumbents swept to victory in contested primary elections across the state.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Deputies strike back at Dark Side, arrest storm trooper Updated: May-19-16 11:52 am
NEWBORN, Georgia - Not so long ago (Sunday, to be exact) in a small town far, far to the east of Atlanta (actually about 50 miles), a man spent the night in jail for dressing like a Star Wars storm trooper.
- Georgia lawyers collect more than a million pounds of food Updated: May-18-16 10:24 am
ATLANTA - Georgia's attorney general says the state's legal community collected the equivalent of more than a million pounds of food during an annual food drive competition.
- State: Semi-only lanes could reduce traffic, improve safety Updated: May-15-16 11:28 am
ATLANTA - Georgia transportation officials are studying how to add semi-only lanes for truck traffic on Interstate 75 between Macon and Atlanta's southern suburbs.
- Woman sentenced in crash that killed former Georgia lawmaker Updated: May-12-16 5:24 pm
APPLING, Georgia - A woman charged in a crash that killed a former Georgia lawmaker has been sentenced to serve two years on probation.
- High court says suit over guns at Atlanta garden can proceed Updated: May-09-16 5:16 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's highest court ruled Monday that a lawsuit filed by a gun rights group over access to the Atlanta Botanical Garden should continue after a local judge wrongly dismissed it.
- Dollar General plans Georgia facility, creating 500 jobs Updated: May-09-16 12:42 pm
ATLANTA - Tennessee-based Dollar General Corp. plans a 1 million-square-foot distribution center southeast of Atlanta that will employ 500 people when the plant is fully operational, Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal announced Monday.
- Sheriff: Man drowned saving daughter in south Georgia Updated: May-09-16 8:23 am
LAKELAND, Georgia - Authorities say a man has drowned while saving his 3-year-old daughter after she wandered into a river in south Georgia.
- Georgia governor's vetoes on guns, faith bucked his GOP base Updated: May-04-16 4:47 pm
ATLANTA - When Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal recently vetoed bills allowing guns on college campuses and shielding religious people who deny people services based on their faith, he was directly bucking his fellow Republican lawmakers, who overwhelmingly supported the proposals, and possibly losing points with his conservative political base.
- The Latest: Georgia vetoes bucked conservative GOP base Updated: May-04-16 4:42 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal's veto of a bill that would have allowed concealed handguns on college and universities (all times local):
- Deal signs legislation adding 2 Supreme Court members Updated: May-03-16 8:12 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's Supreme Court will expand by two members, both appointed by Gov. Nathan Deal.
- Jimmy Carter's cancer treatment inspires new Georgia law Updated: May-03-16 4:16 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's governor has signed a bill inspired by former President Jimmy Carter's cancer treatment.
- Deal highlights pay raises, new construction in state budget Updated: May-02-16 4:29 pm
ATLANTA - Thousands of state employees will receive pay raises under a state budget Gov. Nathan Deal is set to sign Tuesday.
- Attorney general plugs campaign to uncover child sex abusers Updated: May-01-16 10:27 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens is promoting a new statewide campaign to "unmask" those who seek children for sex.
- Deal considers measures as deadline looms Updated: Apr-30-16 11:41 am
ATLANTA - Several pieces of legislation continue to wait on the desk of Gov. Nathan Deal, as the May 3 deadline looms for Deal to sign, veto or opt to not take action on the measures.
- Georgia executes man convicted in 1998 triple killing Updated: Apr-27-16 11:27 pm
JACKSON, Georgia - Georgia executed a man Wednesday who was convicted in the 1998 killings of a central Georgia trucking company owner and his two children during a home burglary.
- The Latest: Georgia executes man convicted in triple killing Updated: Apr-27-16 10:10 pm
JACKSON, Georgia - The Latest on the scheduled execution of a Georgia death row inmate (all times local):
- Former Georgia legislator named new chancellor at ECU Updated: Apr-27-16 5:56 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The UNC Board of Governors has chosen a former Georgia legislator as the new chancellor at East Carolina University.
- Georgia governor OKs state funds for anti-abortion centers Updated: Apr-26-16 1:57 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia can give state money to "pregnancy resource centers" that offer medical and other services to pregnant women while discouraging them from getting abortions, under legislation signed Tuesday by Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.
- Civil rights attorney, federal judge Horace Ward dead at 88 Updated: Apr-25-16 6:18 pm
ATLANTA - A civil rights lawyer who became Georgia's first black federal court judge has died.