- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Updated: Apr-26-16 8:06 pm
DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki is not retiring and almost certainly will spend a 19th season with the Mavericks.
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:42 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook is an All-Star, but not a superstar.
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Updated: Apr-25-16 7:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Dallas faces elimination without two of its interior threats.
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Updated: Apr-25-16 2:06 am
DALLAS - Kevin Durant suddenly, and reluctantly, found himself at the center of a conversation over whether Oklahoma City's rough-and-tumble series with Dallas was out of control.
- Thunder beat Mavericks 119-108 for 3-1 lead in testy series Updated: Apr-24-16 12:34 am
DALLAS - Kevin Durant got ejected, Russell Westbrook was part of a shouting match in front of his bench and Serge Ibaka drew a technical for throwing an elbow in the final seconds with the outcome already decided.
- Thunder, Mavericks get testy again in front of OKC bench Updated: Apr-23-16 9:08 pm
DALLAS - The testy first-round series between regional rivals Oklahoma City and Dallas got a little testier.
- Mavs' Williams leaves early after aggravating sports hernia Updated: Apr-23-16 8:52 pm
DALLAS - Mavericks guard Deron Williams' attempt to play through a sports hernia in Game 4 of a first-round series against Oklahoma City lasted less than 2 minutes.
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Updated: Apr-22-16 1:38 pm
DALLAS - Kevin Durant says he's happy new Washington coach Scott Brooks is back in the NBA a year after being let go by Oklahoma City.
- Nowitzki joins Mavs' long injury list with right knee bruise Updated: Apr-19-16 5:59 pm
DALLAS - Add star Dirk Nowitzki to the long injury list for Dallas in the playoffs.
- Warriors' dominance: a 2nd straight title inevitable? Updated: Apr-16-16 3:13 am
The Golden State Warriors plow into the playoffs with a record 73 wins under their belt and championship rings already on their fingers.
- Thunder star Russell Westbrook rolling as playoffs arrive Updated: Apr-15-16 2:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Russell Westbrook's triple-double against the Los Angeles Clippers reminded Kevin Durant of someone playing the NBA 2K game on rookie mode.
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Updated: Apr-14-16 8:03 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey refused to publicly set expectations on the eve of the 2015-16 season though others outside the team had labeled it a playoff contender. He admitted Thursday it was a reasonable expectation.
- Spurs sit 4 starters, top Mavs; game ultimately meaningless Updated: Apr-14-16 1:09 am
DALLAS - The Spurs left four starters and two key reserves in San Antonio for their meaningless regular-season finale in Dallas.
- Mavs forward David Lee out of game vs Spurs with foot injury Updated: Apr-13-16 8:59 pm
DALLAS - Mavericks forward David Lee has left a game against San Antonio with a right foot injury and won't return.
- Chris Paul leads Clippers past Grizzlies 110-84 Updated: Apr-13-16 1:55 am
LOS ANGELES - Facing a historic game to end the regular season, the Memphis Grizzlies struggled against the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Mavericks clinch playoff spot with 101-92 win over Jazz Updated: Apr-12-16 12:36 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Dallas Mavericks clinched a Western Conference playoff spot for the third consecutive season and the 15th time in the last 16 years.
- Clippers beat Mavs 98-91 for 5th straight victory Updated: Apr-10-16 7:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin shot 2 of 11 in the first half, when the Clippers were in a struggle with the Dallas Mavericks.
- Mavs beat Grizzlies, close in on playoffs after Barea injury Updated: Apr-09-16 12:42 am
DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki ended a shooting slump and returned to his rightful place as the leading scorer for Dallas.
- Barea, key to Mavs' playoff push, out with injury vs Memphis Updated: Apr-08-16 10:28 pm
DALLAS - J.J. Barea, the key component in Dallas' push for the playoffs, strained his right groin and won't return to a game against Memphis.
- Mavs beat Rockets 88-86 to keep slim lead over Utah, Houston Updated: Apr-07-16 1:27 am
DALLAS - If the Dallas Mavericks have to creep into the playoffs, they will. It's part of a style change, as coach Rick Carlisle likes to call it.
- Mavericks hit 14 3s to grind out much-needed W over Wolves Updated: Apr-03-16 7:18 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Dallas Mavericks have dialed in their defense as they make their push toward the playoffs.
- Hayward scores 22, Jazz defeat Timberwolves 98-85 Updated: Apr-02-16 12:16 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The pressure was on the Utah to keep pace in the Western Conference playoff race after the Dallas Mavericks beat the Detroit Pistons on Friday night. The Jazz have six games left and can't afford to drop games against teams that have struggled all season.
- Barea's 29 points lead Dallas to 98-89 win over Pistons Updated: Apr-01-16 11:40 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - J.J. Barea celebrated the birth of his daughter early Friday, then took on the Detroit Pistons a few hours later.
- Barea scores 26, Mavs beat Knicks to tie for 7th in West Updated: Mar-31-16 1:19 am
DALLAS - Justin Anderson slightly exaggerated his compliment about teammate J.J. Barea.