- Central Arkansas veteran hospitals decrease some wait times Updated: Aug-27-15 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System has hired more staff, streamlined services and decreased wait times for several types of medical appointments by as much as 12 days on average.
- Feds: Connecticut ended chronic homelessness among veterans Updated: Aug-27-15 5:32 pm
NEWINGTON, Connecticut - The federal government has declared Connecticut the first state in the country to end chronic homelessness among veterans, officials announced Thursday.
- University repays VA nearly $150K for benefits' overpayment Updated: Aug-23-15 12:55 pm
ELIZABETH CITY, North Carolina - Elizabeth City State University has repaid the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs nearly $150,000 for overpayment of veterans' benefits after a VA audit found the school miscalculated or incorrectly reported those benefits in more than 100 instances.
- Actions speak louder than words for Scott's political future Updated: Aug-20-15 5:40 am
- Ex-Veterans Affairs official says he shared sensitive info Updated: Aug-12-15 1:15 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The former director of Veterans Affairs medical centers in Cleveland and Dayton has testified that he received confidential information from officials in Washington D.C. and passed it on to people who paid him as a consultant.
- Sullivan to host meetings in Alaska on veterans' health care Updated: Aug-10-15 1:43 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan is hosting meetings in Alaska to hear from veterans on health care provided through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Senator: VA investigating scheduling irregularities in Ohio Updated: Aug-08-15 1:50 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio senator's office says the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is investigating delayed appointments for pulmonary care patients at a southwestern Ohio VA.
- VA permanently closes acute care center at Fort Harrison Updated: Aug-04-15 4:53 pm
HELENA, Montana - VA Montana has dissolved its urgent mental health unit in favor of additional long-term beds at Fort Harrison west of Helena.