- Montana tribe's hopes for recognition buoyed by rule changes Updated: Jul-03-15 2:40 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - New rules for the recognition of Native American groups could ease the way for Montana's Little Shell Band of Chippewa Indians to be formally acknowledged by the U.S. government, according to the tribe's chairman.
- More tribes sign gambling agreements with New Mexico Updated: Jul-01-15 7:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - One northern New Mexico tribe is digging in its heels, but others have signed new gambling agreements with the state in recent weeks to ensure they can operate their casinos for another two decades.
- Federal agency OKs proposed Spokane Tribe casino Updated: Jun-16-15 10:27 am
SPOKANE, Washington - The Spokane Tribe has won approval from the federal government in its effort to build an off-reservation casino in Airway Heights.
- Gambling compacts with New Mexico tribes pass final hurdle Updated: Jun-10-15 12:25 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Gambling compacts that allow a handful of American Indian tribes to operate their casinos for another two decades received final approval following a review by the U.S. Interior Department.
- Landowners on reservations get government buyback offers Updated: Jun-08-15 5:35 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The U.S. government has made offers worth more than $230 million combined to buy fractionated parcels of land on two Montana American Indian reservations and turn them over to tribal governments, Department of Interior officials said.