- Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska signs buyback program agreement Updated: May-25-16 4:24 pm
WINNEBAGO, Nebraska - The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska is moving forward with a federal program designed to return land to American Indian tribes.
- Feds: Company hasn't done enough to end slow-motion oil leak Updated: May-25-16 12:17 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Justice Department is urging a federal court to let government regulators decide if a New Orleans company has done enough to end an oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico that began nearly 12 years ago and could last another century.
- Sheriff warns protected land proposal could spark standoff Updated: May-23-16 7:23 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Sparks flew Monday during a hearing attended by ranchers and environmentalists in the state Capitol on a proposal to turn 2.5 million acres of canyonlands and desert in southeastern Oregon into a federally protected monument.
- Suquamish Tribe now part of federal land buyback program Updated: May-23-16 2:35 am
BREMERTON, Washington - The Suquamish Tribe's Port Madison Reservation in Kitsap County is one of more than 60 reservations selected to join a $1.9 billion federal initiative to return land to the control of tribal governments.
- Ken Salazar to campaign for Hillary Clinton in New Mexico Updated: May-20-16 5:46 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Former Interior Sec. Ken Salazar will visit New Mexico to campaign for Hillary Clinton in an effort to win over Hispanic voters.
- The Latest: Lawyer says Indian land buy effort to need money Updated: May-17-16 5:05 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on dozens of tribes joining a program that seeks to return land on American Indian reservations to tribal ownership (all times local):