- Gender politics playing a big role for Trump, Clinton Updated: May-02-16 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - She has no stamina. She shouts. She's got nothing going for her but being a woman.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- Rutland 'rose to the top' in discussions on Syrian refugees Updated: May-01-16 10:50 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Rutland was one of a number of Vermont communities that offered to host Syrian refugees in the weeks and months to come, said the official who oversees refugee resettlement in the state.
- North Korea sends another US citizen to prison Updated: Apr-29-16 11:08 pm
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea sentenced a U.S. citizen of Korean heritage to 10 years in prison with hard labor after convicting him of espionage and subversion, the second American it has put behind bars this year.
- US: China rejects Hong Kong port call by US aircraft carrier Updated: Apr-29-16 2:36 pm
WASHINGTON - China recently denied a request from a U.S. aircraft carrier for a port visit in Hong Kong, the State Department said Friday, in an apparent sign of mounting tension in the disputed South China Sea.
- US official visits Haiti to assess progress toward elections Updated: Apr-28-16 10:07 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The U.S. State Department's special coordinator for Haiti arrived in the troubled Caribbean nation Thursday seeking to help resolve a political standoff that has left elections in limbo.
- California Democrats will meet to choose national delegates Updated: Apr-28-16 8:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - While much of the political attention is focused on the California GOP convention this weekend, Democrats are holding meetings around the state to select delegates to the national convention in Philadelphia.
- Early turnout for Indiana primaries highest in 2 decades Updated: Apr-28-16 4:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - More Indiana residents have cast their votes early for the state's primary election than any of the previous nomination contests during the same time period in at least two decades.
- Chelsea Clinton heads to Kentucky to open campaign office Updated: Apr-28-16 5:18 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has plans to visit Kentucky this week.
- Cruz' ex co-chair in Virginia heads to Syria, praises Assad Updated: Apr-27-16 8:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sen. Ted Cruz's former campaign co-chairman in Virginia has traveled to Syria and promised support for the government of President Bashar Assad, who U.S. officials have repeatedly said has lost the legitimacy to rule the war-torn country.
- Company drops permit request for old pipeline Updated: Apr-27-16 8:44 pm
MARYSVILLE, Michigan - Members of Congress say a Houston company has dropped plans to seek a permit to move heavy crude oil through a 98-year-old pipeline under the St. Clair River in southeastern Michigan.
- Trump struggles to explain 'America first' foreign policy Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump strained to lay out a clear vision of his "America first" foreign policy on Wednesday, vowing to substitute hard-headed realism for what he called a post-Cold War era replete with U.S. national security failures.
- Lawmaker urge more US naval operations in South China Sea Updated: Apr-27-16 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Members of Congress urged the Obama administration on Wednesday to order more naval operations close to disputed islands in the South China Sea. The State Department said Beijing risks conflict and isolation through its assertive behavior in those waters.
- Trump routs rivals in Northeast; Clinton carries 4 states Updated: Apr-27-16 12:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - In a front-runner's rout, Republican Donald Trump roared to victory Tuesday in five contests across the Northeast and confidently declared himself the GOP's "presumptive nominee." Hillary Clinton was dominant in four Democratic races and now is 90 percent of the way to the number she needs to claim her own nomination.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Clinton, Trump win primaries in Connecticut Updated: Apr-26-16 11:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic primary in Connecticut, claiming a narrow victory Tuesday over U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in a state where she campaigned on pledges to address gun violence.
- Trump wins across demographic groups in Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-26-16 10:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Donald Trump dominated the Republican presidential primary in Pennsylvania across demographic groups as Ted Cruz and John Kasich split support among the minority of GOP voters who said they preferred a political insider.
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton win Delaware primaries Updated: Apr-26-16 9:06 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump won their respective presidential primaries in Delaware on Tuesday with comfortable margins, further padding their leads over their opponents in the delegate count.
- The Latest: Trump, Clinton win Delaware primaries Updated: Apr-26-16 8:44 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Latest on Delaware's primary election (all times local):
- Al-Qaida says it killed Bangladesh gay activist, friend Updated: Apr-26-16 3:06 pm
NEW DELHI - The Bangladeshi branch of al-Qaida claimed responsibility Tuesday for the killing of a gay rights activist and his friend, undermining the prime minister's insistence just hours earlier that her political opponents were to blame for the attack and for a rising tide of violence against secular activists and writers.
- 2 men including USAID employee killed in Bangladesh Updated: Apr-25-16 7:15 pm
NEW DELHI - Unidentified assailants fatally stabbed two men in Bangladesh's capital Monday night, including a gay rights activist who also worked for the U.S. Agency for International Development, police said, in the latest in a series of attacks targeting atheists, moderates and foreigners.
- Philly cheesecake is a test for candidates, not just a lunch Updated: Apr-25-16 1:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Five-point plans, engaging speeches and star endorsements are all important in a presidential campaign, but how well do candidates REALLY know the cities and towns where they're wooing voters?
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- Clinton campaign rally set Monday in Wilmington Updated: Apr-23-16 5:05 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is heading to Wilmington for a campaign rally.
- Presidential candidate visits to Connecticut step up Updated: Apr-22-16 3:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The presidential candidates are stepping up visits to Connecticut before Tuesday's primary.