- Veteran Clinton aide cites email server talks in testimony Updated: May-31-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A veteran aide to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said she discussed Clinton's private email server with a technical aide who helped set up and run the system, according to a court deposition released Tuesday by a conservative legal group.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown endorses Clinton before primary Updated: May-31-16 10:14 am
LOS ANGELES - California Gov. Jerry Brown is endorsing Hillary Clinton just a week before the state's June 7 primary.
- AP FACT CHECK: Some Clinton email misstatements Updated: May-31-16 9:21 am
ST. LOUIS - Over the months, Hillary Clinton misstated key facts about her use of private email and her own server for her work as secretary of state, the department's inspector general reported this week.
- As in US, Trump draws strong reactions in China Updated: May-30-16 12:01 pm
BEIJING - China features prominently in the rhetoric of presumed Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who accuses the country of stealing American jobs and cheating at global trade. In China itself, though, he's only now emerging as a public figure, despite fame elsewhere for his voluble utterances, high-profile businesses and reality TV show.
- Libyan American father and son acquitted in UAE trial Updated: May-30-16 11:13 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Two Libyan Americans detained in the United Arab Emirates for nearly two years were acquitted on Monday of charges they illegally raised funds for a foreign entity and took hostile actions against a foreign country.
- Trump's movement campaign needs adjustments at margins Updated: May-30-16 3:30 am
TAMPA, Florida - Donald Trump calls his presidential campaign a mass movement, but he must show he can coax enough support from voters who twice delivered the White House to Barack Obama.
- Video of testimony in Clinton email lawsuit ordered sealed Updated: May-26-16 6:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Recordings of upcoming testimony by an aide to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are to be kept under seal over concerns the video might be used against the Democratic presidential front-runner.
- Origin of key Clinton emails from report are a mystery Updated: May-26-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was supposed to have turned over all work-related emails to the State Department to be released to the public. But an agency audit found at least three emails never seen before - including Clinton's own explanation of why she wanted her emails kept private.
- Clinton says IG report won't affect her presidential bid Updated: May-26-16 3:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton contends a new government audit critical of her use of a private email server as secretary of state won't affect her Democratic presidential campaign.
- Sanders accepts Kentucky results, making Clinton the winner Updated: May-26-16 3:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has accepted Kentucky's primary election results, moving front-runner Hillary Clinton one delegate closer to securing the nomination.
- State Department email report complicates Clinton's message Updated: May-26-16 3:26 am
SALINAS, California - Hillary Clinton is telling voters not to trust Donald Trump, but a new government report about her usage of a private server as secretary of state is complicating that message.
- Trump backed by US Rep. Zinke on eve of Montana rally Updated: May-25-16 6:26 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rep. Ryan Zinke on Wednesday became the most prominent Montana Republican to endorse Donald Trump - one day before the presumptive nominee for the Republican presidential nomination arrives to rally supporters in the Treasure State.
- The Latest: Congressional Dems play down Clinton report Updated: May-25-16 3:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the State Department audit that faulted Hillary Clinton's email practices and cybersecurity (all times local):
- Hacker Guccifer pleads guilty to disclosing Bush emails Updated: May-25-16 1:32 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The Romanian hacker known as Guccifer will serve at least two years in prison after pleading guilty to breaking into computer accounts of the Bush family in 2013 and publicly releasing private family photos.
- Trump, Clinton win Washington's presidential primaries Updated: May-25-16 12:14 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Donald Trump handily won Washington state's Republican presidential primary Tuesday, even as he shared the ballot with three other candidates who had already dropped out of the contest.
- The Latest: Clinton wins Washington's Democratic primary Updated: May-24-16 11:29 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Latest on Washington state's presidential primaries (all times local):
- Wyoming Green Party petitions to put Jill Stein on ballot Updated: May-24-16 3:09 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Members of the Wyoming Green Party plan to petition to get Jill Stein, their presumptive presidential nominee, on the November ballot as an independent candidate.
- Clinton email probe in late stage, FBI may question her Updated: May-23-16 12:14 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI agents probing whether Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server imperiled government secrets appear close to completing their work, a process experts say will probably culminate in a sit-down with the former secretary of state.
- Correction: Campaign 2016-Foreign Hacking story Updated: May-23-16 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - In a story May 18 about possible foreign hacking into presidential campaigns, The Associated Press used the wrong configuration for the name of the chief executive officer of PKWARE. His name is V. Miller Newton, not V. Newton Miller.
- Official: Iran to try to 'speed up' held Lebanese man's case Updated: May-23-16 7:29 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Iran "will try to speed up" the case involving a detained U.S. permanent resident who advocates Internet freedom, an official said Monday, making the first government acknowledgement of the man's detention.
- Wild US election fascinates, worries Iran after nuclear deal Updated: May-23-16 4:17 am
TEHRAN, Iran - After decades of officially-imposed detachment from the "Great Satan," Iranians are this time transfixed by the wild U.S. presidential campaign, mindful that the next White House occupant could have direct impact on their lives.
- Hillary Clinton set to address union convention in Detroit Updated: May-22-16 5:00 pm
DETROIT - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is scheduled to campaign in Detroit before more than 3,000 union members.
- 3 Ohioans considered VP possibilities this year Updated: May-22-16 1:00 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's starring role as a presidential swing state could also earn supporting roles for state politicians on this year's presidential tickets.
- Vermont Democrats gather for state party convention Updated: May-22-16 8:28 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Democrats are gathering for their annual convention, at which 11 of 26 delegates to this summer's national party convention in Philadelphia will be elected.
- In swing state suburbs, white women are skeptical of Trump Updated: May-21-16 1:05 pm
WESTERVILLE, Ohio - For Donald Trump to win the White House in November, he'll need the votes of women like lifelong Republican Wendy Emery.