- Fed court issues $385K judgment against blueberry growers Updated: Feb-05-16 3:27 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Some blueberry growers in Walla Walla County have admitted in federal court that they systematically violated the rights of their agricultural workers over a period of three years.
- Audit: State agency paid $97,000 to fictitious companies Updated: Feb-03-16 5:49 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A state audit has revealed that Iowa Workforce Development paid more than $97,000 in unemployment benefits to people in the state who claimed to work for companies that didn't exist in 2013 and 2014.
- OSHA investigates man's 33-foot fall at Kansas power plant Updated: Jan-27-16 6:37 pm
LA CYGNE, Kansas - Federal officials are investigating after a worker fell 33 feet at an east-central Kansas power plant.
- Sushi, ramen eateries to pay $621,000 in back wages, damages Updated: Jan-25-16 3:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - A chain of Southern California sushi and ramen restaurants will pay more than $620,000 in back wages and damages after a federal investigation found it cheated chefs and other workers out of overtime pay.
- Residential care workers to get $103K in back wages Updated: Jan-14-16 3:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Forty workers at a Southern California residential care facility together will receive more than $103,000 in back wages after federal investigators uncovered overtime and record-keeping violations.
- Indianapolis agency gets grant to help inmates find jobs Updated: Jan-14-16 3:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis agency has won a $500,000 federal grant for a demonstration project to help inmates find jobs once they're released.