- West Virginia gets retraining grant for laid-off coal miners Updated: Oct-06-15 3:51 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia will receive another funding boost from the federal government to help with job training and career services for laid-off coal miners.
- Shop owner ordered to pay worker fired after safety report Updated: Oct-06-15 12:36 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A judge ordered a northern Idaho gas station owner to pay $100,000 to a former employee who was fired after reporting safety violations, including exposed wiring near water leaks and a lack of first aid equipment.
- Tennessee receiving $148,000 for mine safety training Updated: Oct-02-15 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee will receive about $148,000 in federal funding to support mine safety and health training courses and other programs.
- New Hampshire gets nearly $700K in Labor Department grants Updated: Sep-23-15 8:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire is receiving nearly $700,000 in federal grants to enhance unemployment insurance programs and reduce the misclassification of employees as independent contractors.
- Halliburton pays more than $18 million in back overtime Updated: Sep-22-15 8:26 pm
HOUSTON - Halliburton has agreed to pay almost $18.3 million in back overtime to more than 1,000 employees to settle a wage and hour case brought by the U.S. Labor Department.
- Arkansas gets $4 million to fund apprenticeship program Updated: Sep-16-15 4:43 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Department of Labor has awarded $4 million to Arkansas to help expand apprenticeship programs in certain industries.
- Marshall to expand apprenticeship opportunities nationwide Updated: Sep-10-15 2:30 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A Marshall University program has been awarded nearly $5 million to expand its apprenticeship program nationwide.