- Labor Department targets unregistered farm labor contractor Updated: Nov-24-15 5:30 pm
HOLUALOA, Hawaii - The U.S. Labor Department says an unregistered farm labor contractor deprived migrant workers picking coffee on the Big Island of federal protections such as minimum wage.
- EXCHANGE: Firms partner on airport apprenticeship program Updated: Nov-20-15 8:09 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - There's a new on-the-job training program at Chicago Rockford International Airport for people looking to fix airplanes.
- Dairy farm, staffing firm debarred from visa program Updated: Nov-12-15 4:51 pm
VOLGA, South Dakota - A federal administrative law judge has upheld the findings of a U.S. Department of Labor investigation that debarred a Volga dairy farmer and an Aberdeen-based employment agency from a program that allows employers to hire temporary foreign labor for agricultural work.
- Sheepherders protest Dept. of Labor wage plan as inadequate Updated: Nov-09-15 6:47 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Some current and former sheepherders say the U.S. Department of Labor has folded to pressure from the American sheep industry by trimming its proposal to require raises for thousands of foreign shepherds in the West.
- Labor Department: Grocery store ordered to pay back wages Updated: Nov-04-15 4:04 am
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans grocery store has been ordered to pay $403,000 in overtime back wages to employees.