- Fifth Third to pay $85M settlement for flawed mortgages Updated: Oct-06-15 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - Fifth Third Bancorp has agreed to pay an $85 million settlement for not reporting flawed mortgages insured by the Federal Housing Administration to regulators.
- Alaska officials eye eroding village as relocation model Updated: Oct-02-15 9:16 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - One of Alaska's most eroded coastal Native villages is being eyed as a possible national model for relocating whole communities whose futures are threatened by natural disasters escalated by climate change.
- HUD gives $499K in grants to Indianapolis fair housing group Updated: Oct-01-15 3:35 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has announced it is awarding $499,000 to an Indianapolis non-profit fair housing organization.
- Shelter for battered spouses sues over $530K in lost funding Updated: Sep-29-15 3:06 pm
PITTSBURGH - A homeless shelter for battered spouses and their children sued the county's Department of Human Services on Tuesday for $530,000 in federal housing funding.
- $1.5 million loan guarantee boosts effort to revamp building Updated: Sep-23-15 11:08 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - A $1.5 million loan guarantee is expected to boost efforts to rehabilitate the vacant three-story Sperry's building in downtown Port Huron.
- Mississippi real estate firm accused of discrimination Updated: Sep-16-15 10:03 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A complaint filed with the Department of Housing and Urban Development alleges a Brandon real estate company discriminated against black customers and encouraged white homebuyers to purchase houses in predominantly white areas.