- Indiana gets over $600,000 in federal housing grants Updated: Jun-23-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The federal government is awarding Indiana over $600,000 to help pay for public housing projects across the state.
- HUD secretary speaking at disability rights conference Updated: Jun-15-16 4:29 am
BALTIMORE - U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro is discussing the importance of supportive housing for people with disabilities at a conference in Baltimore.
- Rhode Island awarded federal grant for lead abatement Updated: Jun-13-16 1:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded a $3.4 million grant to Rhode Island for the removal of lead and other hazards from low-income housing.
- 74 homeless Hoosier vets getting federal rental assistance Updated: Jun-12-16 7:38 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Seventy-four homeless veterans in Indiana are getting places to stay with federal funds that will help them pay rent.
- Schumer urges HUD to provide money for lead removal in homes Updated: Jun-10-16 12:42 am
BUFFALO, New York - U.S. Senator Charles Schumer is urging the federal government to approve $5.1 million in funding for the removal of lead-based paint hazards in homes throughout western New York.
- Homeless shelters struggle with loss of federal funding Updated: Jun-08-16 3:14 pm
HONOLULU - David Willett lived in a tent and struggled with drug addiction before coming to Gregory House, a Honolulu shelter that has provided temporary housing for people with HIV and AIDS for more than a decade.
- Federal funding shift hits Indiana homeless programs Updated: May-30-16 11:03 am
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - Homeless service agencies across Indiana are feeling the sting of federal funding cuts driven by a shift away from transitional housing and emergency homeless shelters in favor of permanent housing.
- Julian Castro to speak at Wendell Ford dinner next month Updated: May-26-16 4:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro will be the featured speaker at the annual Wendell Ford dinner sponsored by the Kentucky Democratic Party.