- Student sues Fordham over demand for mental health records Updated: Jul-03-15 11:36 am
ALBANY, New York - A graduate student has sued Fordham University, seeking $5 million in damages and saying the college violated her civil rights by demanding her entire record of mental health treatment as a condition for returning.
- Officials: Turnaround district failed to use grant money Updated: Jun-30-15 6:46 am
DETROIT - Officials say Michigan's turnaround district for low-performing public schools didn't use millions of dollars in federal funding.
- University of California sued over sex assault claims Updated: Jun-29-15 7:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three current and former University of California, Berkeley students sued the school on Monday, accusing administrators of not doing enough to investigate their sexual assault claims and hand out punishment.
- Website containing students' personal info taken down Updated: Jun-24-15 7:44 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Tunica County School District is alerting parents and other community members after students' personal information was posted on the school district's website.
- Montana short of test mandate, will honor company contract Updated: Jun-19-15 4:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana will keep doing business with a testing company despite technical flaws this year that likely dropped the state below a required participation rate, the state's top education official said.
- UW investigated over response to report of sexual violence Updated: Jun-15-15 7:32 pm
- Feds warn Oregon not to let students easily skip Common Core Updated: Jun-09-15 9:26 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon schools stand to lose $140 million a year or more in federal funding if state lawmakers vote to enable parents to opt out of standardized testing more easily, a top U.S. education official is warning.
- Broader probes of campus sex assaults leave victims hanging Updated: Jun-08-15 4:45 pm
Olivia Ortiz was elated when the U.S. Department of Education contacted her in June of 2013 to tell her it was opening an investigation into her complaint that the University of Chicago had mishandled her sexual assault case.