- Hokies look to extend streak vs. Virginia in Beamer finale Updated: Nov-27-15 12:17 pm
Michael Brewer is in his second season at Virginia Tech and though he did not grow up in the state, like most Hokies he considers Saturday's matchup with Virginia one of the biggest games in the history of the football program.
- Virginia hoping to spoil finale for Beamer, Virginia Tech Updated: Nov-23-15 5:01 pm
Virginia Tech and outgoing coach Frank Beamer are in an uncomfortably familiar spot heading into their traditional regular season-ending rivalry game against Virginia: For the third time in four years, the Hokies need to beat the Cavaliers to qualify for a bowl game.
- Duke rally falls short in 42-34 loss to Virginia Updated: Nov-21-15 9:03 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Duke coach David Cutcliffe has never been afraid to mix and match his quarterbacks to see what works, using both Anthony Boone and Thomas Sirk as goal-line specialists in recent years. So it was no surprise when Cutcliffe went to backup Parker Boehme with the Blue Devils mired in a three-game losing streak.
- Johns' career day helps Virginia beat Duke 42-34 Updated: Nov-21-15 8:50 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - For one day, the coaching questions and uncertain future didn't matter for Virginia. Neither did the Cavaliers' recent run of poor form against Duke, nor their recent elimination from bowl consideration. For one day, everything was good.
- Duke upgrades QB Sirk to probable for Virginia game Updated: Nov-19-15 1:08 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke has upgraded quarterback Thomas Sirk to probable for this week's game at Virginia.
- Coach focusing on finishing strong for Virginia's seniors Updated: Nov-16-15 4:59 pm
Virginia coach Mike London hopes a strong finish can temper the disappointment of another season without a bowl appearance.
- Louisville beats Virginia 38-31 Updated: Nov-14-15 7:49 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Another week and another close outcome involving Virginia.
- Louisville beats Virginia 38-31 Updated: Nov-14-15 6:14 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - What a difference a year makes for Louisville's James Quick versus Virginia.
- Louisville 1 win away from bowl eligibility after 0-3 start Updated: Nov-09-15 5:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A bowl bid was the farthest thing from the minds of Louisville players during an 0-3 start that had the Cardinals wondering if they'd win a game.
- Miami holds off Virginia 27-21, stays in Coastal race Updated: Nov-07-15 7:36 pm
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Going back to World War II, only three Miami coaches won their first two games with the Hurricanes.
- Virginia outlasts Georgia Tech, 27-21 Updated: Oct-31-15 8:20 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The end couldn't come fast enough for Canaan Severin.