- Happy birthday, Bartbino! 'Big Sexy' Colon hits the big 4-3 Updated: May-24-16 3:51 am
NEW YORK - Watching someone wait has rarely been so amusing.
- Nats' Gonzalez has worst outing of season in loss to Mets Updated: May-24-16 12:32 am
WASHINGTON - Nationals starter Gio Gonzalez felt as though nothing he threw had anything behind it, and the New York Mets took advantage.
- No Duda, no problem: Mets find power stroke, beat Nationals Updated: May-24-16 12:25 am
WASHINGTON - Bartolo Colon's back was bothering him enough that he told New York Mets manager Terry Collins he wouldn't be able to hit another memorable home run. The heart of the lineup took care of that.
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats Updated: May-22-16 5:35 pm
MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton singled, put the ball in play twice and took some pitches off the plate, which constituted a sign of progress for the Miami Marlins' slumping lineup.
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 Updated: May-22-16 5:19 pm
MIAMI - Even when Max Scherzer eases up on the strikeouts, he can be plenty tough. Just ask the Miami Marlins.
- Harper says his jersey being auctioned is not as advertised Updated: May-21-16 8:00 pm
MIAMI - An auction house says it is offering the jersey Bryce Harper wore during his memorable dugout fight with a teammate. The Washington Nationals star says they've got the wrong shirt.
- Struggling ace Harvey to make next scheduled start for Mets Updated: May-20-16 9:13 pm
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey wants to keep plugging away at his problems on the mound. Whether that ends up helping or hurting the New York Mets early this season remains to be seen.
- Harvey shaky again, hammered for 9 runs, Mets routed by Nats Updated: May-19-16 11:56 pm
NEW YORK - Head down, Matt Harvey began to walk off the mound even before manager Terry Collins arrived to take the ball.
- Unbeaten Strasburg fans 10, Nationals hammer Harvey, Mets Updated: May-19-16 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - A few years ago, as Stephen Strasburg was outpitched by an emerging Mets ace, fans at Citi Field memorably taunted the young Washington star by chanting "Harvey's better! Harvey's better!"
- MLB chief: Science may be behind increased drug positives Updated: May-19-16 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Improved science could be a reason behind baseball's increase in positive drug tests.
- Goeddel, Hellickson lead Phillies over Marlins 4-2 Updated: May-18-16 4:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Another rookie had a big game, another starter pitched well and the bullpen was lights-out again.
- Nationals' Murphy gets 1 hit, 2 ovations in return vs Mets Updated: May-17-16 11:37 pm
NEW YORK - Back at Citi Field for the first time as an opponent, Daniel Murphy walked into the visiting clubhouse and knew his way around.
- Bonds: Harper should diversify his game to adapt to walks Updated: May-16-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - When pitchers were intentionally walking Barry Bonds more than anyone else in baseball history, his father had a simple message for him.
- Fernandez strikes out 11 as Marlins defeat Nationals 5-1 Updated: May-15-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Marlins ace Jose Fernandez had only one true moment of discomfort Sunday afternoon, when he watched as teammates Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna collided in the outfield.
- Nats' 2B Murphy scratched due illness in series finale Updated: May-15-16 12:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy has been scratched from the lineup due to illness in Sunday's series finale against the Marlins.
- Nationals extend general manager Mike Rizzo through 2018 Updated: May-14-16 11:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals picked up the contract option for Mike Rizzo that keeps the president of baseball operations and general manager with the organization through the 2018 season.
- Marlins RHP Flores leaves with right shoulder strain Updated: May-14-16 8:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Miami Marlins right-hander Kendry Flores exited Saturday's doubleheader nightcap against the Nationals with a right shoulder strain.
- Nationals' Harper drops appeal, serves 1-game suspension Updated: May-14-16 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals star Bryce Harper has dropped his appeal and will serve a one-game suspension in the second game of the day-night doubleheader Saturday against Miami.
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Tigers succumb to Scherzer's 20 Ks, lose 3-2 to Nats Updated: May-12-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - In five seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Max Scherzer pitched well enough to make two All-Star teams, win the 2013 AL Cy Young Award and lead the league in wins in back-to-back seasons.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper appeals 1-game suspension from MLB Updated: May-12-16 12:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper was suspended one game and fined Wednesday by Major League Baseball for his behavior following an ejection this week.
- Cubs ace Arrieta not surprised by Strasburg contract Updated: May-11-16 2:35 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs ace Jake Arrieta saw the numbers for Stephen Strasburg's new contract with Washington. He wasn't surprised at all.
- Nationals unclear about slide rule in 5-4 loss to Tigers Updated: May-11-16 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - Based on what he remembers being told about the new slide rule in spring training, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker is convinced that an automatic double play should have wiped out the Detroit Tigers' go-ahead run Tuesday night.
- Angels get Brendan Ryan from Nats for cash considerations Updated: May-10-16 10:22 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Brendan Ryan arrived in the Los Angeles Angels clubhouse on Tuesday afternoon with an ear-to-ear grin.