- Finnegan rocked hard as Reds fall to Nationals 13-4 Updated: Jun-30-16 11:38 pm
WASHINGTON - There are plenty of reasons why the Cincinnati Reds have lost eight of nine and are in last place, 22 games under .500.
- Espinosa hits slam, 3-run HR as Nationals crush Reds 13-4 Updated: Jun-30-16 11:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Danny Espinosa drove in eight runs in April and tallied seven RBIs in Washington's latest victory.
- Mets' bats quiet as Murphy and Nationals complete sweep, 4-2 Updated: Jun-30-16 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - With a lineup that was already sputtering, it was no surprise the New York Mets failed to bust out against Nationals ace Max Scherzer.
- Murphy, Scherzer help Nationals sweep Mets with 4-2 win Updated: Jun-29-16 10:48 pm
- Mets' Syndergaard confirms 'pretty insignificant' bone spur Updated: Jun-29-16 7:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard cleared up some questions about the status of his elbow, acknowledging Wednesday he has a bone spur but calling it "pretty insignificant."
- Papelbon throws simulated game; Nationals sign Latos Updated: Jun-29-16 7:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals closer Jonathan Papelbon threw a simulated game Wednesday and is headed to Double-A Harrisburg for a rehab assignment.
- MRI confirms Nationals' Strasburg has upper-back strain Updated: Jun-28-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals say an MRI Stephen Strasburg underwent Monday morning has confirmed their diagnosis that the pitcher has an upper-back strain.
- Nationals set to recall top prospect Lucas Giolito Updated: Jun-27-16 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Nationals planned to recall top prospect Lucas Giolito to make his major league debut Tuesday against the New York Mets.
- Marlins want to be relevant late in the season for a change Updated: Jun-27-16 2:12 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez was discussing the Miami Marlins' latest victory when Freddie Mercury interrupted due to someone's cellphone ringtone.
- Roark helps Nats end 7-game skid with 3-2 win over Brewers Updated: Jun-26-16 5:48 pm
- Nationals scratch Strasburg from Sunday start Updated: Jun-25-16 9:49 pm
MILWAUKEE - Stephen Strasburg's back hurt when he tried to throw, and then Gio Gonzalez pitched a season-low three innings in Washington's seventh straight loss.
- Scherzer beaten by long ball, Nats lose 6th straight Updated: Jun-25-16 1:22 am
MILWAUKEE - Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals are on a tough 10-game trip.
- Puig runs around the bases on crazy play in 9th; Dodgers win Updated: Jun-23-16 5:43 am
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig was wearing his "Make Baseball Fun Again" cap after Wednesday night's game.
- Gennett, Nieuwenhuis homer as Brewers beat Athletics 4-2 Updated: Jun-22-16 8:03 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Milwaukee Brewers finished their long California road trip with a close win after coming up short several times in the late innings with missed opportunities or mistakes.
- Dodgers' Yasiel Puig comes off disabled list Updated: Jun-21-16 8:31 pm
- Pomeranz, Padres overcome 3 Nats homers to win 6-3 Updated: Jun-19-16 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - Drew Pomeranz made three obvious mistakes for the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Luckily for him, that's where the damage ended.
- Nationals outlast Cubs in 12 innings, 5-4 Updated: Jun-15-16 9:38 pm
- Bean spreads MLB's inclusion message after Orlando tragedy Updated: Jun-14-16 8:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Billy Bean, a gay former player and Major League Baseball's first ambassador of inclusion, expressed hope Tuesday night after spending the last two days mourning the mass shooting in Orlando.
- Washington Nationals' Night OUT will honor Orlando victims Updated: Jun-14-16 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals' Night OUT event will honor the victims of the nightclub shootings in Orlando, Florida.
- Werth's two-run single lifts Nationals over Phillies 5-4 Updated: Jun-12-16 8:55 pm
- Nationals shut down after 2 big wins over White Sox Updated: Jun-10-16 12:33 am
CHICAGO - The Washington Nationals' scoring surge was halted by an unlikely opponent.
- ChiSox end 5-game skid, beat Nats behind Cabrera, Gonzalez Updated: Jun-09-16 11:48 pm
CHICAGO - Todd Frazier wondered if going to church more would help the White Sox break out of their funk. Then the Chicago third baseman suggested a scuffle with teammate Adam Eaton.
- Harper drives in 3 runs, Nationals beat White Sox 10-5 Updated: Jun-08-16 1:20 am
CHICAGO - Mat Latos had all sorts of adjectives to describe his latest shaky start for the struggling Chicago White Sox. Few were suitable for print.
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado: Not just a winter playground Updated: Jun-06-16 6:51 pm
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado - Skiers thrive during winter on Steamboat Springs' trademarked dry "Champagne powder" snow, but outdoor pursuits on mild summer days can rival those mountain experiences. Call it a back-to-the-future effect because travelers in the early 1900s first came here for seasonal hunting, fishing and the open-air hot springs.
- Murphy, Papelbon help Nationals hold on to beat Reds 10-9 Updated: Jun-05-16 6:27 pm
CINCINNATI - With the bases loaded and nobody out in the ninth inning, Jonathan Papelbon was clinging to a one-run lead.