- Royals' bats remain quiet in 2-0 loss to Nationals Updated: May-03-16 1:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - There are ample reasons for Ned Yost to be concerned about the Royals' struggling offense, from three recent shutouts to the prolonged slumps of stars such as Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain.
- Gonzalez, Nationals blank Royals 2-0 to win 4th straight Updated: May-03-16 12:37 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Dusty Baker has been around long enough to know hitters tend to heat up with the weather.
- Long ball beats Martinez as Cards get swept by Nats, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 8:00 pm
ST. LOUIS - Two pitches turned what looked to be another gem by Carlos Martinez into his first subpar performance of the season.
- Scherzer, homers help Nationals sweep Cardinals, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer always makes sure to eat some toasted ravioli when he comes back to Missouri.
- Martinez expected to start Sunday Updated: May-01-16 12:47 am
- Nationals lose to Phillies 3-0 and get swept Updated: Apr-28-16 9:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Nationals maintain one poor series doesn't erase a very good start.
- Rupp's 9th-inning hit lifts Phils over Nats 3-0 for sweep Updated: Apr-28-16 9:07 pm
WASHINGTON - So much for the Washington Nationals' hot start.
- Scherzer says he's in 'funk' after Nats lose to Phillies 4-3 Updated: Apr-27-16 12:12 am
WASHINGTON - After all of six pitches, Max Scherzer had allowed a walk and a two-run homer.
- Twins fan 20 times, fall 6-5 to Nationals in 16 innings Updated: Apr-24-16 8:56 pm
WASHINGTON - In between their 20 strikeouts, the Minnesota Twins made enough solid contact to put themselves in position to win.
- Harper, Perez set up Heisey's HR in 16th, Nats sweep Twins Updated: Apr-24-16 8:45 pm
WASHINGTON - During a career that has spanned five decades, Dusty Baker was pressed to remember a baseball game as zany at this one.
- Suzuki shines at bat and in field, helps Miami beat Nats 5-1 Updated: Apr-21-16 5:15 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki quietly cleaned his cleats in a noisy postgame clubhouse Thursday before packing the shoes for his next game, which will be No. 2,368.
- Nationals RHP Ross leaves game with blister on middle finger Updated: Apr-20-16 11:25 pm
MIAMI - Washington right-hander Joe Ross left the Nationals' against Miami in the third inning Wednesday with a blister on his right middle finger.
- Galvis, Phils beat Papelbon in 10, end Nats' win streak at 7 Updated: Apr-17-16 6:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ignoring advice from his manager and hitting coach paid off for Freddy Galvis.
- Harper hits 1st slam, 100th HR; Nationals drop Braves to 0-9 Updated: Apr-14-16 8:46 pm
WASHINGTON - After connecting for his first grand slam and 100th career home run, Bryce Harper is already thinking ahead to bigger milestones. His manager is invoking names like Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.
- Harper hits slam, becomes 8th-youngest player to 100 HRs Updated: Apr-14-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper has hit a grand slam to become the eighth-youngest player to reach 100 career home runs.
- Slumping Braves slugger Freeman healthy scratch vs. Nats Updated: Apr-14-16 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Freddie Freeman admits he's having trouble catching up to fastballs.
- Stephen Strasburg scratched from start because of illness Updated: Apr-13-16 5:21 pm
- Werth comes through as Nationals beat Marlins 4-2 Updated: Apr-10-16 7:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A week into the new season, Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth still has two fewer hits than his team has wins.
- Marlins at Nationals postponed by cold; May 14 makeup date Updated: Apr-09-16 1:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals' game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday was postponed because of unseasonably cold weather and rescheduled as part of a split doubleheader on May 14 at 1:05 p.m.
- Nationals top Braves 3-1 on den Dekker's 2-run double Updated: Apr-06-16 11:37 pm
ATLANTA - Matt den Dekker began the day as a minor leaguer in Syracuse and ended the night as a hero for the Washington Nationals.
- Nationals put CF Ben Revere on DL; recall Matt den Dekker Updated: Apr-06-16 5:57 pm
ATLANTA - Washington Nationals center fielder Ben Revere was placed on the disabled list on Wednesday after playing less than one full game for his new team.
- MLB's new Utley Rule costs Braves a baserunner against Nats Updated: Apr-04-16 7:32 pm
- Nationals star Bryce Harper homers on opening day - again Updated: Apr-04-16 5:08 pm
ATLANTA - Bryce Harper is making a habit of hitting home runs on opening day.
- Racing Presidents to appear at Reagan National Airport Updated: Apr-04-16 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Four of the Washington Nationals' Racing Presidents will be at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to greet and help board Delta customers on a flight departing for Atlanta.