- Marlins jump to early lead, but fall 7-4 to Nationals Updated: Aug-30-15 7:39 pm
WASHINGTON - With his team long out of contention and slugger Giancarlo Stanton nearing his return, Marlins manager Dan Jennings is embracing his team's role as spoilers in the NL East playoff race.
- Nationals' Strasburg exits with upper back tightness Updated: Aug-30-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg left Sunday's game against the Miami Marlins after four innings with upper back tightness, but hopes to be ready for his next start.
- Werth homers, drives in 3 as Nationals beat Marlins 7-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Jayson Werth homered and drove in three runs, and Clint Robinson added a pinch-hit home run as the Nationals had 13 hits and rallied past the Marlins 7-4 on Sunday.
- Nationals' Span expects 4-6 month recovery after hip surgery Updated: Aug-29-15 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Even as the Nationals Park crowd rose in an ovation for their just-returned center fielder on Tuesday night, Denard Span knew something was still wrong.
- Barraclough escapes jam, Marlins win 4-3 over Nationals Updated: Aug-28-15 11:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Miami Marlins rookie reliever Kyle Barraclough will quickly earn the trust of his manager with escapes like the one he pulled Friday night.
- Werth, Zimmerman homer as Nationals defeat Padres 4-2 Updated: Aug-28-15 12:03 am
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals pulled out a big win on the field Thursday night. Off the field, they didn't do quite as well.
- Escobar's double play kills rally; Padres beat Nationals 6-5 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:27 am
WASHINGTON - After Yunel Escobar's swing on a 3-0 pitch resulted in a rally-killing double play, Nationals manager Matt Williams said his team can't change its aggressive approach.
- Rendon, Ramos homer, Nationals beat Brewers 9-5 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Utilityman Danny Espinosa seized another opportunity in a season of full of them. Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper thinks his teammate should get more.
- Nationals SS Trea Turner debuts in 10-3 loss to Brewers Updated: Aug-22-15 12:51 am
WASHINGTON - The Nationals believe Trea Turner can help them catch the NL East-leading Mets, even if it's not quite clear how just yet.
- Nationals 3B Escobar leaves after apparent injury Updated: Aug-21-15 7:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals third baseman Yunel Escobar has left Friday's game against Milwaukee due to an apparent injury suffered trying to catch a foul ball in the first inning.
- Flande keys Rockies' 3-2 win over Nationals Updated: Aug-21-15 1:00 am
- Bumgarner HR, fans 14, pitches 3-hitter, Giants beat Nats Updated: Aug-16-15 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Madison Bumgarner homered and doubled, struck out 14 and pitched a three-hitter as the San Francisco Giants beat Washington 5-0 Sunday, the Nationals' sixth straight loss.
- Kershaw reaches 200 Ks in Dodgers' 3-0 win over Nats Updated: Aug-13-15 1:56 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw showed everyone he was on his game early, striking out the side in the second inning while retiring the game's first 16 batters.
- Nationals' Bryce Harper sits against Dodgers with sore knee Updated: Aug-12-15 2:33 am
LOS ANGELES - Bryce Harper was held out of the Washington Nationals' lineup in their 5-0 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night as a precautionary measure.
- Rockies rally for 6-4 win over Nationals Updated: Aug-09-15 7:29 pm
- Nationals CF Denard Span has injury setback; Uggla to DL Updated: Aug-08-15 6:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals center fielder Denard Span has experienced a setback in his rehabilitation from a back injury, delaying his return from the disabled list.
- Gonzalez hits slam as Rockies rally past Nationals 5-4 Updated: Aug-07-15 11:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The Colorado Rockies apparently have no intention of simply limping to the conclusion of a disappointing season.
- Nationals RHP Fister reluctantly accepts reliever role Updated: Aug-07-15 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Doug Fister's season-long quest for consistency will continue in the Washington Nationals' bullpen, perhaps the last place the right-hander figured to land after winning 16 games a year ago.
- Desmond, Ross lift Nationals to 8-3 win over Diamondbacks Updated: Aug-06-15 8:27 pm
- Castillo, Diamondbacks break loose, romp past Nationals Updated: Aug-06-15 1:12 am
WASHINGTON - Not even Arizona catcher Welington Castillo can figure out how he's the hottest hitter in a series involving star sluggers Paul Goldschmidt and Bryce Harper.
- Mets hit 3 homers in 5 pitches to sweep Nationals, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:05 am
NEW YORK - As the clock ticked past 11 p.m. and "Moondance" by Van Morrison practically wafted through the ballpark, young children ran around the bases as part of a family-friendly promotion normally reserved for Sunday afternoons.
- Newseum features Nationals' first 10 years in Washington Updated: Jul-31-15 3:35 pm