- Italy recovers 7 bodies, saves 500 after migrant ship flips Updated: May-25-16 12:45 pm
ROME - A large ship overturned Wednesday off Libya's coast with more than 500 migrants aboard, right as the Italian navy was approaching for rescue. Crews recovered seven bodies but saved more than 500 people who were thrown into the sea.
- The Latest: Slovakia not a place for Muslims, premier says Updated: May-25-16 11:40 am
BERLIN - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- German government slams Fiat no-show in emissions probe Updated: May-19-16 12:44 pm
BERLIN - Germany's transport minister has accused Fiat Chrysler of "uncooperative behavior" after the Italian-American automaker failed to show up for a meeting to discuss the emission levels of its diesel vehicles.
- Italian, Venezuelan lawmakers in shouting match at EU event Updated: May-17-16 10:39 am
LISBON, Portugal - Two delegates from Italy and Venezuela got involved in a shouting match at a meeting in Portugal aimed at developing closer ties between lawmakers from the European Parliament and legislative bodies in Latin America.
- 12 US soldiers arrested after bar fight in Italy Updated: May-10-16 12:38 pm
MILAN - Italian police say 12 U.S. soldiers stationed in the northern city of Vicenza have been arrested after a fight outside a nightclub.
- Italian navy to resume recovery of boat full of migrant dead Updated: May-03-16 1:05 pm
ROME - Improved sea conditions are permitting the Italian navy to resume a complex operation to recover a sunken fishing boat with the bodies of hundreds of migrants inside.
- Tribunal: India, Italy should agree on Italian marine's bail Updated: May-03-16 10:15 am
NEW DELHI - India and Italy should work toward an agreement to allow an Italian marine to return home while an arbitration process continues in the fatally shootings of two Indian fishermen in 2012, a tribunal said Tuesday.
- Italy: Hague tribunal OKs marine's return from India for now Updated: May-02-16 2:59 pm
ROME - An international tribunal in The Hague has decided that an Italian marine being held in India in the shooting deaths of two Indian fishermen mistaken for pirates can return home for the duration of arbitration, the Italian foreign ministry said Monday.
- The Latest: Biden's grand welcome at Italian PM's residence Updated: Apr-29-16 9:24 am
VATICAN CITY - The Latest on Vice President Joe Biden's visit to Vatican City and Rome (all times local):
- Memorial set for 25 WWII US soldiers lost in Italian lake Updated: Apr-29-16 8:43 am
ALBANY, New York - A trio of U.S. Army veterans has teamed up to establish a memorial in Italy to the 25 American soldiers who drowned in an Alpine lake when their amphibious vehicle sank during World War II.
- Italian official: No military intervention planned for Libya Updated: Apr-26-16 1:34 pm
ROME - An Italian senator says no military intervention is "on the agenda" for Libya.