- The Latest: UK envoy: Jet downing must spur end to Syria war Updated: Nov-25-15 3:20 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest on the war in Syria, including a Russian warplane shot down by Turkey. All times local:
- Palestinian assailant killed after stabbing Israeli soldier Updated: Nov-25-15 9:29 am
JERUSALEM - A Palestinian assailant was shot and killed by Israeli forces after stabbing and seriously wounding an Israeli soldier in the West Bank on Wednesday, the latest in an unrelenting, two month-long wave of Israeli-Palestinian violence.
- Kerry in Israel for 1st time since 2014; no bold peace push Updated: Nov-24-15 1:41 am
JERUSALEM - Secretary of State John Kerry made his first trip to Israel in more than a year, arriving on Tuesday in the midst of a new rash of deadly attacks that have dampened hopes for peace mediation between the Jewish state and Palestinians during the Obama administration's final year. The visit includes no such ambitious agenda, the chief U.S. diplomat conceded, and is primarily focused on ending the terror.
- MBTA bans political ads after Israel controversy Updated: Nov-23-15 5:58 pm
BOSTON - The board that oversees Boston's transit system voted Monday to stop accepting advertising on political and social issues, days after controversy erupted over an ad that accuses the Israeli military of killing Palestinian children.
- Convicted spy Pollard is released after 30 years behind bars Updated: Nov-20-15 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - Jonathan Pollard was released from prison Friday after 30 years behind bars for spying for Israel, and his lawyers immediately went to court to challenge tough parole conditions seemingly designed to ensure he doesn't spill any U.S. military secrets he might have left.
- Palestinian leader discusses failed peace effort Updated: Nov-18-15 2:01 pm
JERUSALEM - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has shined new light on the breakdown of a potentially history-altering round of 2008 peace talks, saying that he rejected an offer from Israel's Ehud Olmert - which included placing Jerusalem's Old City under international control - because he was not allowed to study the map.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- Product-labeling plan by Europe deepens Israel's isolation Updated: Nov-12-15 12:39 am
JERUSALEM - The European Union's decision Wednesday to start labeling Israeli products made in the West Bank delivered a resounding show of international disapproval over Israel's expansion of Jewish settlements and raised the pressure on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to renew peace efforts with the Palestinians.
- The Latest: British minister: Jet likely downed by explosive Updated: Nov-09-15 1:47 pm
CAIRO - The latest on the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula over a week ago that killed all 224 people onboard. (All times local.)
- Netanyahu appointment casts cloud over US visit Updated: Nov-05-15 4:38 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's newly appointed spokesman on Thursday apologized for a series of insulting comments about U.S. President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry, days before his boss heads to Washington on a fence-mending mission.
- Palestinians say amateur video backs claims of Israeli abuse Updated: Nov-03-15 4:28 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Recent videos show Israeli troops shooting a wounded Palestinian at close range, pepper-spraying Palestinian medics, ramming a Palestinian with a jeep and threatening refugee camp residents with tear gas "until you die" unless they stop throwing stones.
- AP Interview: Peres says Israel could face an eternal war Updated: Nov-02-15 12:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Over a seven-decade career in politics, Shimon Peres has helped guide Israel through wars and existential threats. But now, with the country embroiled in a new wave of violence, the 92-year-old elder statesman worries that if its leaders do not get serious about pursuing peace with the Palestinians, it will be in an eternal state of war and risk losing its Jewish majority.
- Palestinian lawyer talks about viral photo of tear gas kick Updated: Nov-02-15 11:18 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - One of the most memorable images of the current Israeli-Palestinian confrontations shows a young Palestinian lawyer in dark shades, a suit and formal legal robe as he kicks away an Israeli tear gas canister, his legs flying high above billowing white gas.
- Palestinians give to ICC details of alleged Israeli crimes Updated: Oct-30-15 4:51 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Palestinian leaders on Friday handed what they called evidence of Israeli crimes committed in the recent outburst of violence to prosecutors at the International Criminal Court.
- Divided Hebron, West Bank largest city, focus of violence Updated: Oct-29-15 4:35 pm
HEBRON, West Bank - The West Bank's largest city has become a focal point of Israeli-Palestinian violence, with near-daily deadly confrontations erupting at Israeli army checkpoints that guard enclaves of Jewish settlers in the once-thriving center of Hebron.
- Abbas slams Netanyahu, seeks 'protection' for Palestinians Updated: Oct-28-15 12:26 pm
GENEVA - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday called for international protection for the Palestinians, saying the human rights situation under Israeli occupation is at its worst ever, and accused Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of exploiting the Holocaust to attack the Palestinians.
- The Latest: Israel marks 20 years since killing of PM Rabin Updated: Oct-26-15 12:58 pm
JERUSALEM - The latest developments in a wave of Israeli-Palestinian violence (all times local).