- Price's 121-pitch effort wasted in Tigers' loss to Angels Updated: Jun-01-15 1:35 am
- Giavotella's 2-run single in 8th helps Angels sweep Tigers Updated: Jun-01-15 12:56 am
ANAHEIM, California - Baseball is a game of redemption, and Johnny Giavotella enjoyed proving that theory.
- Florida beats Auburn 3-2, advances to championship series Updated: May-31-15 7:36 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Kristi Merritt and Lauren Haeger made the throws that have Florida on the verge of a repeat.
- Tigers star Verlander shaky in 1st rehab start Updated: May-31-15 6:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Detroit Tigers star Justin Verlander struggled in his first rehabilitation start, giving up three runs in 2 2-3 innings for Triple-A Toledo on Sunday.
- Auburn beats UCLA 11-10 in 10 innings to stay alive in WCWS Updated: May-31-15 1:25 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Auburn closed out the best day in program history a little later than expected.
- Cespedes homers in Tigers' 3-2 win over Athletics Updated: May-27-15 8:05 pm
OAKLAND, California - Yoenis Cespedes spent the past two days rekindling old friendships and getting comfortable in the ballpark he called home for the first two-plus seasons of his big league career.
- Tigers scratch Ryan, start Wilson against Athletics Updated: May-27-15 3:18 pm
- Injuries, division rivals providing early test for Tigers Updated: May-26-15 8:36 pm
Justin Verlander hasn't appeared in a single game. Victor Martinez has hit only one home run, and Anibal Sanchez has allowed 11.
- Astros rally for 10-8 win over Tigers, split 4-game series Updated: May-25-15 12:57 am
DETROIT - Preston Tucker's major league career is just over two weeks old, and already he's hit a pair of big home runs.
- Tigers put Lobstein on DL with sore shoulder Updated: May-24-15 2:59 pm
- Astros turn 1st triple play since 2004, on Kinsler grounder Updated: May-23-15 6:02 pm
- Brewers can't finish sweep, lose to Tigers 5-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:53 pm
- Castellanos' 3-run triple lifts Tigers over Brewers 5-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:21 pm
DETROIT - Nick Castellanos arrived at third base, clapped his hands joyously and bent over to slap the dirt.
- Brewers' six-run 3rd inning dooms Tigers in 8-1 loss Updated: May-19-15 11:27 pm
DETROIT - One inning proved costly to the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday night.
- Tigers put Victor Martinez on DL with knee inflammation Updated: May-19-15 6:18 pm
DETROIT - Victor Martinez was put on the 15-day disabled list by the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday after struggling in his return from offseason knee surgery.
- Wong, Lynn star as Cardinals beat Tigers to avoid sweep Updated: May-18-15 12:18 am
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong had been paying attention in the dugout, so he was sitting on the fastball. He doesn't mind those big moments, either.
- Tigers' Greene on track to make next start Updated: May-17-15 7:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - Detroit Tigers right-hander Shane Greene is expected to make his next start, bouncing back from a nerve issue his last outing.
- Cabrera hits 400th homer, had to wait out rain to count Updated: May-16-15 5:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers has hit his 400th career home run, a milestone that became official after an early rain delay.
- Cabrera homers twice to lift Tigers over Twins 13-1 Updated: May-14-15 5:35 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers were due for a game like this.
- McCann on the spot for Tigers with Avila injured Updated: May-11-15 8:03 pm
DETROIT - After sitting through a 103-minute rain delay, the Detroit Tigers had a chance to win the game when they loaded the bases in the bottom of the ninth.
- Royals edge Tigers 2-1 in 10 after long delay Updated: May-11-15 2:26 am
DETROIT - The Detroit hitters kept squaring around to bunt, and Greg Holland kept throwing pitches nowhere near his intended target.
- Price's next start for Tigers pushed back to Saturday Updated: May-10-15 6:38 pm
DETROIT - David Price's next start is being pushed back two days as the Detroit left-hander recovers from a right hamstring strain.
- Tigers' Price leaves game with injury Updated: May-08-15 9:41 pm
- Lobstein helps Tigers beat White Sox 4-1 Updated: May-07-15 6:52 pm
CHICAGO - Kyle Lobstein is content to let batters make contact - weak contact.
- Iglesias out of starting lineup because of groin injury Updated: May-07-15 1:29 pm