- Dombrowski out as Tigers' president, GM; Al Avila takes over Updated: Aug-04-15 7:14 pm
DETROIT - Dave Dombrowski is out as president and general manager of the Detroit Tigers, ending a run of nearly 14 seasons in which he helped turn the franchise from an afterthought into one of the American League's powerhouses.
- Hessman sets minor league HR record with No. 433 Updated: Aug-04-15 2:23 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Call him the real-life Crash Davis.
- Orioles wrap up homestand with 6-1 loss to Tigers Updated: Aug-02-15 5:50 pm
BALTIMORE - With the exception of one mighty swing by Chris Davis, the Baltimore Orioles didn't do much right in the finale of an otherwise successful homestand.
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Daniel Norris forged a Price-less memory in his debut with Detroit.
- Sanchez struggles as Tigers lose to Orioles 6-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:22 pm
BALTIMORE - Their starting pitcher was hit hard, the offense offered little support and the team fell into an early hole that proved too difficult to overcome.
- Mets add hitting help, trade for Tigers OF Cespedes Updated: Jul-31-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes put on a scintillating show at Citi Field while winning the Home Run Derby two years ago. Now he has two months to power the New York Mets into the playoffs.
- Pirates get reliever Soria from Tigers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-30-15 8:26 pm
- Blue Jays land Price in Toronto's 2nd big trade of week Updated: Jul-30-15 7:26 pm
DETROIT - Toronto acquired All-Star left-hander David Price from the Detroit Tigers on Thursday, the second major move in less than a week by the Blue Jays as they chase their first postseason appearance since 1993.
- Verlander outlasts Archer, Tigers beat Rays 2-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 4:38 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Justin Verlander's first win this season didn't come easy.
- Rays' Archer loses no-hit bid on 1-out infield single in 7th Updated: Jul-29-15 2:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay's Chris Archer lost his perfect game bid with one out in the seventh inning when Jose Iglesias reached on an infield single.
- Tigers' Price faces trade rumors again Updated: Jul-27-15 8:32 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - David Price is in a familiar place, just wearing a different uniform, in the days before the major league trade deadline.
- Ortiz has 2 HRs, career-high 7 RBIs as Red Sox rout Tigers Updated: Jul-27-15 12:39 am
BOSTON - David Ortiz was touched by watching the Hall of Fame induction speeches. He then went out and added another big night to his illustrious career.
- Tigers recall LHP Ryan from Triple-A; option INF Krauss Updated: Jul-26-15 8:09 pm
BOSTON - The Detroit Tigers recalled left-hander Kyle Ryan from Triple-A Toledo before Sunday night's game against the Boston Red Sox.
- Tigers starter Simon leaves game with slight limp in 7th Updated: Jul-25-15 8:20 pm
BOSTON - Detroit Tigers starter Alfredo Simon left Saturday's 5-1 victory over the Boston Red Sox after throwing a pitch in the seventh inning with what was termed "a slight groin injury."
- Hurt Cabrera with Tigers on road, won't speculate on return Updated: Jul-24-15 6:44 pm
BOSTON - Watching games on TV has been so difficult for Miguel Cabrera that the injured 10-time All-Star decided to join the Detroit Tigers on their 10-game road trip.
- Zunino's double lifts Mariners over Tigers 3-2 in 12 innings Updated: Jul-23-15 7:18 pm
DETROIT - Seattle catcher Mike Zunino wasn't expecting to play in a day game after being in the lineup a night earlier.
- Ausmus makes the case for Tigers to press on Updated: Jul-21-15 8:27 pm
DETROIT - With the possibility of significant trades looming over the Detroit Tigers, Brad Ausmus sat in the dugout and made the case for staying the course.
- Fire destroys 7 cars in lot near stadium during Tigers game Updated: Jul-20-15 8:24 am
DETROIT - A fire at a parking lot near Comerica Park that started during a Detroit Tigers game has destroyed seven vehicles while sending dark smoke billowing into the sky.
- Orioles chase Verlander with 6-run 4th, rout Tigers 9-3 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:06 pm
- Detroit's Kinsler ejected in 3rd inning against Orioles Updated: Jul-19-15 5:59 pm
DETROIT - Ian Kinsler was ejected from Detroit's game against Baltimore on Sunday after slamming his bat down in disgust when he hit a flyball.
- Ex-Tiger Reed enters plea in assault case, faces probation Updated: Jul-17-15 10:58 am
DETROIT - Former Detroit Tigers pitcher Evan Reed has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor aggravated assault and is expected to be placed on probation to resolve a sexual assault case.
- Jury rules against ex-Tigers pitcher Denny McLain in lawsuit Updated: Jul-17-15 9:08 am
HOWELL, Michigan - A jury has ruled against former Detroit Tigers pitcher Denny McLain in a breach-of-contract lawsuit.
- Hunter's leadership has lifted Twins, and so have his homers Updated: Jul-17-15 2:11 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Torii Hunter turns 40 this weekend. He's been bracing for trouble.
- Playoff races, trade talks highlight 2nd half of MLB season Updated: Jul-15-15 11:21 am
The Cardinals are really good, the Phillies are really bad, and then there's everyone else.
- Gibson, Sano lead Twins over Tigers 7-1 Updated: Jul-12-15 6:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Kyle Gibson and the rest of the Twins' rotation have Minnesota in contention at the All-Star break even with almost no contribution from free-agent prize Ervin Santana.