- Sanchez struggles in return to rotation, Tigers lose 6-0 Updated: Jun-25-16 9:05 pm
DETROIT - Anibal Sanchez's return to the rotation looked a lot like his starts from before he was demoted.
- Lindor's HRs, Carrasco's shutout help Indians win 8th in row Updated: Jun-25-16 8:38 pm
DETROIT - When Carlos Carrasco shrugged off a rising pitch count and went back to the mound in the ninth inning, teammate Francisco Lindor was impressed.
- After review, Tigers given extra run from Friday's loss Updated: Jun-25-16 4:30 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have been credited with an extra run from the last play of Friday night's loss to Cleveland, making the final score 7-5 in favor of the Indians.
- Detroit People Mover resumes operations after maintenance Updated: Jun-24-16 4:52 pm
DETROIT - An elevated rail service in downtown Detroit is back in operation following track work and other construction.
- Seattle skid hits 6, starter exits without a pitch vs Tigers Updated: Jun-23-16 8:47 pm
DETROIT - The Seattle Mariners were at a loss from the start Thursday.
- Tigers win on walk-off wild pitch, earning sweep of Seattle Updated: Jun-23-16 8:46 pm
DETROIT - A little gift gave the Detroit Tigers a four-game sweep.
- New Little Caesars building to highlight pizza with facade Updated: Jun-22-16 12:28 pm
DETROIT - A new nine-story building with a unique exterior made up of 14-foot-tall, pizza slice-shaped glass sections will highlight an expanded Little Caesars headquarters in Detroit and could bring 700 jobs to the city, the company announced Wednesday.
- Michigan encourages use of designated drivers this summer Updated: Jun-20-16 7:06 am
DETROIT - Law enforcement authorities in Michigan are encouraging the use of designated drivers amid a summertime crackdown on drunken driving.
- Cuthbert's RBI single in 13th lifts Royals past Ti Updated: Jun-19-16 6:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - While Cheslor Cuthbert delivered the game-winning hit, Chris Young said pitching six sharp innings on Father's Day was an emotional outing for him.
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez leaves game with fractured elbow Updated: Jun-16-16 9:39 pm
- Royals bring Eibner off DL, send Fuentes to Triple-A Updated: Jun-16-16 4:21 pm
- Sale wins MLB-best 11th as White Sox beat Tigers, 5-3 Updated: Jun-16-16 12:30 am
CHICAGO - Chris Sale was dominant for much of Wednesday night, though the left-hander believes the key to his success was how he handled the one stretch where he struggled.
- Tiger DH Victor Martinez sidelined by right knee irritation Updated: Jun-13-16 6:34 pm
CHICAGO - Detroit Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez is out of the starting lineup because of irritation in his right knee.
- 4 standouts with North Dakota ties drafted by MLB teams Updated: Jun-13-16 11:15 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Four baseball standouts with North Dakota ties were selected in the Major League Baseball draft over the weekend.
- Fulmer wins 5th straight start, leads Tigers over Yankees Updated: Jun-12-16 6:24 pm
NEW YORK - On an Old-Timers' Day at Yankee Stadium filled with Hall of Famers and World Series MVPs, the youngest player on the field by far was the biggest star.
- Free sensitive document shredding offered at Comerica Park Updated: Jun-09-16 9:21 am
DETROIT - Free shredding of sensitive documents and recycling of small electronics is being offered Saturday at the home of the Detroit Tigers.
- Oklahoma defeats Auburn for its 3rd national softball title Updated: Jun-09-16 12:25 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - After two losses to start the season, Oklahoma coach Patty Gasso wasn't sure about her team full of freshmen and sophomores.
- Donaldson's homer and triple lead Jays past Tigers 7-2 Updated: Jun-08-16 5:23 pm
DETROIT - For the first time since last summer, R.A. Dickey won consecutive starts.
- Ackerman, former sportscaster behind 'Bless You Boys,' dies Updated: Jun-08-16 8:41 am
DETROIT - Al Ackerman, a former TV sportscaster who coined the rally cry "Bless You Boys" for the Detroit Tigers leading up to the team's 1984 World Series win, has died. He was 90.
- Verlander's 7 innings lead Tigers to sweep of Whit Updated: Jun-05-16 5:55 pm
DETROIT - Justin Verlander pitched himself out of a third-inning jam Sunday.
- Auburn rallies, beats Georgia 4-3 in WCWS Updated: Jun-04-16 10:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Auburn Tigers couldn't get much going until they were down to their last chance.
- Tigers star Miguel Cabrera leaves game with back injury Updated: Jun-03-16 10:10 pm
DETROIT - Tigers star Miguel Cabrera left Friday night's game against the Chicago White Sox with tightness in his lower back.
- Rhodes leads Auburn past UCLA 10-3 in WCWS Updated: Jun-03-16 12:19 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - This time, there was no doubt.
- Fulmer takes no-hitter into 7th, Tigers top Angels 3-0 Updated: Jun-01-16 11:42 pm
ANAHEIM, California - What a difference a day makes - or at least the starting pitcher.
- Sanchez wins fourth straight, Blue Jays beat Yanke Updated: Jun-01-16 11:22 pm