- Improved Verlander helps Tigers rebound from rough stretch Updated: May-26-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - After allowing seven runs to the Cleveland Indians on May 3, Justin Verlander took to Twitter - always a risky move for an athlete, especially one coming off a frustrating performance.
- Sanchez struggles again, Tigers lose 8-5 to Phillies Updated: May-25-16 6:22 pm
DETROIT - If Anibal Sanchez could have one pitch back, maybe the Detroit Tigers would have beaten Philadelphia.
- Herrera's homer helps Phillies to 8-5 win over Tigers Updated: May-25-16 5:51 pm
DETROIT - With a series in Chicago against the Cubs looming next on the schedule, Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin felt leaving Detroit with at least one victory was crucial.
- Phillies shut down by Verlander in 3-1 loss to Tigers Updated: May-24-16 11:26 pm
DETROIT - Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin did not need any complex explanations for his team's offensive struggles against Justin Verlander.
- Kinsler scratched from Detroit lineup with flu-like symptoms Updated: May-24-16 5:33 pm
DETROIT - Ian Kinsler has been scratched from the Detroit lineup for Tuesday night's game against Philadelphia because of flu-like symptoms.
- Zimmermann expected to miss at least 1 start for Tigers Updated: May-23-16 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann is expected to miss at least one start for Detroit, but Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he was more optimistic Monday than he was when the right-hander left his start a day earlier with a right groin strain.
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt Updated: May-22-16 8:50 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann and Miguel Cabrera helped Detroit to a comfortable lead - then they both had to leave with injuries.
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers Updated: May-22-16 6:07 pm
DETROIT - Chris Archer is hoping this latest start was merely a minor setback.
- Cabrera leaves game after being hit in knee area with pitch Updated: May-22-16 3:48 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera has left Detroit's game against Tampa Bay on Sunday in the seventh inning after being hit around the left knee with a pitch.
- Holocaust survivor sings national anthem at Tigers game Updated: May-21-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - An 89-year-old Holocaust survivor has fulfilled her longtime wish to sing the U.S. national anthem at a Major League Baseball game.
- Tigers' Sanchez tires in 6th in 7-5 loss to Rays Updated: May-21-16 12:10 am
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus and Anibal Sanchez have one important thing in common right now.
- Detroit Tigers Foundation to present $300,000 gift to PAL Updated: May-20-16 1:07 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Police Athletic League will receive a $300,000 gift from the Detroit Tigers Foundation to support a new multi-sports youth complex and headquarters at the old Tiger Stadium site.
- Verlander reaches K milestone, helps Tigers beat Twins 6-3 Updated: May-18-16 6:30 pm
DETROIT - Justin Verlander, sporting a scruffy beard on his 33-year-old face, chuckled when the Detroit Tigers showed a video montage of some of his significant strikeouts during a career that started more than a decade ago.
- Detroit's Ausmus suspended over ejection, tirade Updated: May-17-16 6:44 pm
DETROIT - Tigers manager Brad Ausmus has been suspended for one game and fined after his histrionic ejection from Monday night's game against Minnesota.
- Former Tiger Dick McAuliffe dies Updated: May-16-16 9:02 pm
DETROIT - Long time Detroit Tigers infielder Dick McAuliffe died Friday at the age of 76, the team announced before Monday night's game.
- Tigers end slide with 6-5 comeback win over Orioles Updated: May-15-16 6:44 pm
BALTIMORE - On the brink of ending a miserable road trip with yet another defeat, the Detroit Tigers finally caught a break.
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Norris returns to Tigers for 1st time since cancer surgery Updated: May-11-16 5:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Daniel Norris returned to the Detroit Tigers on Wednesday for the first time since surgery to remove a cancerous growth from his thyroid.
- Nationals unclear about slide rule in 5-4 loss to Tigers Updated: May-11-16 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - Based on what he remembers being told about the new slide rule in spring training, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker is convinced that an automatic double play should have wiped out the Detroit Tigers' go-ahead run Tuesday night.
- AP source: Strasburg, Nats agree to deal adding $175M Updated: May-09-16 11:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg is skipping his first shot at free agency, instead agreeing to a new contract with the Washington Nationals that will pay the pitcher $175 million over seven seasons starting in 2017, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- Baker leaves Zimmerman behind Harper in Nats order 'for now' Updated: May-09-16 6:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dusty Baker is sticking with Ryan Zimmerman as the Washington Nationals' cleanup hitter, right behind Bryce Harper in the batting order - at least, as the manager put it Monday, "for now."
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 9:17 pm
CHICAGO - Javier Baez got the pitch he wanted and propelled the Cubs to yet another victory on a day when it looked like Jake Arrieta might finally pick up a loss.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 8:37 pm
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was drawing walks at such a ridiculous rate he wound up tying a major league record.
- Wilson hits slam vs team that traded him, Texas tops Tigers Updated: May-08-16 6:08 pm
DETROIT - Maybe the Detroit Tigers should have waited a week before trading Bobby Wilson.