- Detroit Tigers see season collapsing down the stretch Updated: Sep-04-15 11:03 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers aren't used to being in the position of only playing for pride.
- Josh Tomlin throws a four-hitter and Indians beat Tigers 8-1 Updated: Sep-04-15 10:57 pm
DETROIT - Normally, Jerry Sands is just another light-hitting utilityman who spends a lot of time riding buses in Triple-A.
- Indians scratch ace Corey Kluber from start Updated: Sep-04-15 6:06 pm
DETROIT - The Indians have scratched ace Corey Kluber from his scheduled start against the Tigers because of a strained right hamstring.
- Royals' bats come alive in 15-7 blowout of struggling Tigers Updated: Sep-04-15 12:53 am
- Tigers bring Lobstein off DL to start Friday vs Cleveland Updated: Sep-03-15 4:09 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Tigers have activated left-hander Kyle Lobstein from the 60-day disabled list to start the opener of a weekend series against the Cleveland Indians.
- Tigers recall pitcher Kyle Ryan, catcher Bryan Holaday Updated: Sep-01-15 7:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Detroit Tigers recalled left-hander Kyle Ryan and catcher Bryan Holaday from Triple-A Toledo on Tuesday.
- Encarnacion homers again, Blue Jays hit 4 to beat Tigers 9-2 Updated: Aug-30-15 4:37 pm
- Blue Jays' Encarnacion hits 3 HRs against Tigers Updated: Aug-29-15 4:12 pm
TORONTO - Edwin Encarnacion hit a grand slam in the seventh inning for his third home run of the game in Saturday's contest against Detroit.
- Shoemaker shuts down hometown Tigers, pitches Angels to win Updated: Aug-27-15 4:24 pm
- Verlander's strong stretch an encouraging sign for Tigers Updated: Aug-27-15 1:08 pm
DETROIT - In many ways, Justin Verlander is the perfect symbol of an uncertain future for the Detroit Tigers.
- Iannetta ends Verlander's no-hit bid with no outs in 9th Updated: Aug-26-15 10:00 pm
DETROIT - The Los Angeles Angels' Chris Iannetta hit a leadoff double off the chalk on the left field line to end Justin Verlander's no-hit bid for the Detroit Tigers in the ninth inning.
- Reds overpower Tigers in biggest comeback win of season Updated: Aug-24-15 11:45 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds took out a lot of frustration in one inning to snap a losing streak.
- Great start turns into ugly Tiger loss Updated: Aug-24-15 11:33 pm
CINCINNATI - Buck Farmer's best stretch of pitching turned into one of Detroit's worst losses of the season.
- Piece of concrete falls at Comerica Park after Tigers game Updated: Aug-24-15 8:24 am
DETROIT - An official with the Detroit Tigers says no one was hurt when a piece of concrete fell onto a Comerica Park concourse after a game at the baseball stadium.
- Napoli, Gimenez hit HRs as Rangers top Tigers 4-2 Updated: Aug-23-15 4:39 pm
- Fan hit by foul ball at Wrigley Field, taken to hospital Updated: Aug-23-15 4:12 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs says a female fan hit by a line drive foul ball during Sunday's game was conscious and taken to a hospital.
- Tigers say injured fan released from hospital Updated: Aug-22-15 7:41 pm
DETROIT - A day after hitting a foul ball that injured a fan behind the Detroit dugout, Anthony Gose said there's nothing a spectator in that situation can do.
- Tigers fan hit by foul ball in 8th inning Updated: Aug-21-15 10:04 pm
DETROIT - The Tigers' game against the Texas Rangers was delayed for about seven minutes after a female fan was hit by a foul ball in the bottom of the eighth inning Friday night.
- Ex-Tigers pitcher McLain and lawyer ordered to pay $7,000 Updated: Aug-21-15 8:13 am
HOWELL, Michigan - Ex-Detroit Tigers pitcher Denny McLain and his attorney have been ordered to pay slightly more than $7,000 in attorney fees in a breach-of-contract case.
- Lester gets knocked out early, Cubs fall 15-8 to Tigers Updated: Aug-20-15 1:36 am
- Norris, Castellanos homer, Tigers pound Lester, Cubs 15-8 Updated: Aug-20-15 1:26 am
CHICAGO - The home run that pitcher Daniel Norris hit in his first career plate appearance more than lived up to his childhood dreams.
- Tigers' Norris becomes 19th pitcher to homer in 1st at-bat Updated: Aug-20-15 1:09 am
CHICAGO - Detroit's Daniel Norris became just the 19th pitcher to hit a home run in his first major league at-bat, before suffering an injury that will send him to the disabled list.
- Red Sox bring in ex-Tigers boss Dombrowski to run club Updated: Aug-19-15 8:36 pm
BOSTON - New Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski thought enough of the team to pick Boston over other suitors.
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Altuve's 2-out single in 9th sends Astros over Tigers Updated: Aug-16-15 7:08 pm
HOUSTON - Jose Altuve has always enjoyed coming through for the Houston Astros in the clutch.