- Sen. Paul: Senate will vote on fed aid to Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-28-15 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate will vote before its August recess on an effort to block federal aid to Planned Parenthood, presidential hopeful Sen. Rand Paul said Tuesday.
- Planned Parenthood, abortion foes have long Kansas history Updated: Jul-26-15 12:21 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Gov. Sam Brownback's push for an investigation into whether tissue from aborted fetuses is being sold commercially is the latest episode in a long history of moves against Planned Parenthood by Kansas abortion opponents.
- California to review video targeting Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-25-15 12:12 am
SACRAMENTO, California - California Attorney General Kamala Harris said Friday that she plans to review two undercover videos released by anti-abortion activists aimed at discrediting Planned Parenthood's procedures for providing fetal tissue to researchers, to see if any laws were broken.
- Wisconsin Republicans seek to ban sale of fetal body parts Updated: Jul-24-15 4:37 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The sale of fetal body parts would be banned in Wisconsin and Planned Parenthood could lose millions of dollars in federal funding under bills being circulated by a pair of Republican state representatives.
- Wolf seeks review amid outcry over Planned Parenthood video Updated: Jul-24-15 12:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf says his administration is taking steps to make sure that human fetal tissue isn't being sold commercially in Pennsylvania.
- Abortion foes see new reason for Kansas-style ban on method Updated: Jul-23-15 7:40 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Abortion opponents are using their questions about Planned Parenthood's handling of fetal tissue to bolster arguments that other states should follow Kansas in approving a ban on a common procedure for ending second-trimester pregnancies.
- Brownback calls for abortion facility inspections Updated: Jul-21-15 6:32 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback wants the state to determine if Kansas abortion facilities take part in a fetal tissue program in the wake of a Planned Parenthood executive videotaped discussing disposition of parts from aborted fetuses.
- Missouri Senate announces third Planned Parenthood review Updated: Jul-21-15 2:14 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's Republican-led Senate will conduct what now is the third investigation of Missouri's only abortion center.
- Ducey tells agency to take steps to bar sales of fetal parts Updated: Jul-20-15 7:20 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey on Monday ordered Arizona's health department to review state laws and prepare emergency rules to prohibit the illegal sale of fetal tissue in response to a secretly recorded video that has revived the abortion debate in the U.S.
- Steep declines in abortion level off in Indiana Updated: Jul-20-15 1:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Recent steep declines in the annual number of abortions in Indiana have started leveling off, according to a report by the state Department of Public Health.
- Va. gov rejects calls for Planned Parenthood investigation Updated: Jul-17-15 9:19 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is rejecting calls from Virginia House Republican leaders for an investigation into how Planned Parenthood clinics handle fetal organs.
- Missouri lawmakers to investigate Planned Parenthood site Updated: Jul-17-15 5:21 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Two Republican state lawmakers from Missouri announced plans Friday to investigate the state's only abortion facility after anti-abortion activists released an undercover video showing Planned Parenthood's national medical director discussing the disposition of parts from aborted fetuses.
- Pence orders investigation of Planned Parenthood in Indiana Updated: Jul-16-15 1:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence has directed the state Department of Health to investigate Planned Parenthood facilities in Indiana in cooperation with the Indiana attorney general to see if organs from aborted fetuses are being sold.
- Ohio attorney general orders probe of Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-16-15 11:53 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's top law enforcer says he's investigating whether Planned Parenthood may have violated its nonprofit status and made money from the sale of organs from aborted fetuses.
- Georgia governor orders review of Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-16-15 11:34 am
ATLANTA - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has ordered state health officials to review how Planned Parenthood clinics handle fetal organs.
- Abbott orders investigation of use of tissue from abortions Updated: Jul-14-15 9:37 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has ordered an investigation of the use of fetal tissue of abortions. That's after anti-abortion activists released an undercover video showing a senior Planned Parenthood official discussing the disposition of parts from aborted fetuses.
- Republicans postpone House vote on breast cancer bill Updated: Jul-14-15 6:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican leaders delayed a House vote Tuesday on a bill raising money for breast cancer research over anger that some of the funds would go to a group that has worked with the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, which supports abortion rights.