- Planned Parenthood defunding measure wins final passage Updated: May-23-16 8:21 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Planned Parenthood should lose its Medicaid financing if the organization starts performing abortions in Louisiana, state lawmakers have agreed.
- Judge: Noise ordinance can't be used vs. abortion protests Updated: May-23-16 6:32 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Law enforcement authorities cannot use a noise provision in the Maine Civil Rights Act to restrict anti-abortion protesters outside a clinic in Portland, a federal judge ruled Monday.
- Judge blocks Ohio from stripping Planned Parenthood funding Updated: May-23-16 4:37 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio must continue to provide certain funding to Planned Parenthood while a state law aimed at keeping public money from going to the organization is being challenged, a federal judge ruled Monday.
- Ducey OKs abortion law repeals and bill targeting providers Updated: May-17-16 8:33 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signed legislation Tuesday that repeals a pair of laws targeting abortion that state attorneys said appeared to be indefensible in court but signed another bill that opponents say is designed to make it easier to cut off abortion providers from Medicaid funding.
- Arkansas appealing order blocking abortion pill restrictions Updated: May-13-16 7:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas is appealing a federal judge's order blocking the state from enforcing its limits on how the abortion pill is administered.
- Federal judge rules in favor of Missouri Planned Parenthood Updated: May-12-16 12:59 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A federal judge on Wednesday ruled in favor of a Columbia, Missouri, Planned Parenthood clinic after the state last year tried to revoke its abortion license, a move the judge found likely was due in part to "political pressure."
- Mississippi bill aims to ban money to Planned Parenthood Updated: May-11-16 8:00 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Medicaid program will be banned from spending money with any facility that performs elective abortions under a new law that takes effect July 1.
- Analysis: La. budget problems show up in abortion debate Updated: May-08-16 6:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - As they try to beat back new restrictions in Louisiana, abortion rights supporters have keyed into a sensitive issue for lawmakers, the state's ongoing financial problems.
- Missouri governor signs $27 billion budget despite concerns Updated: May-06-16 6:46 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon on Friday signed a $27.3 billion budget that boosts funding for education and health care while blocking money from Planned Parenthood, though the Democrat said he has concerns about that provision.
- Lawmakers agree budget; Planned Parenthood funding survives Updated: Apr-29-16 8:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Legislature on Friday adjourned its 2016 session with agreement over a roughly $7.35 billion budget, following days of private meetings that ultimately stopped an attempt by GOP lawmakers to remove state funding for Planned Parenthood.
- Texas' fetal tissue research questioned before court hearing Updated: Apr-28-16 5:19 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas legislators who passed one of the nation's toughest abortion laws turned their attention to fetal tissue research Thursday, ahead of a Houston court appearance by two anti-abortion activists on charges related to their filming of undercover videos at a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- Georgia governor OKs state funds for anti-abortion centers Updated: Apr-26-16 1:57 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia can give state money to "pregnancy resource centers" that offer medical and other services to pregnant women while discouraging them from getting abortions, under legislation signed Tuesday by Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.