- Q&A: Questions, answers in Planned Parenthood controversy Updated: Aug-28-15 2:17 am
LOS ANGELES - Planned Parenthood Federation of America is defending its abortion practices and its donation of fetal tissue for medical research.
- Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to Congress Updated: Aug-27-15 5:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - Planned Parenthood Federation of America defended its practices Thursday in a lengthy letter to congressional leaders and included a report by experts it hired who found undercover videos of officials discussing fetal tissue for research were heavily altered by anti-abortion activists.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.
- Conservatives target bust of Planned Parenthood founder Updated: Aug-26-15 6:31 pm
- Hundreds rally in support of Planned Parenthood in Utah Updated: Aug-26-15 2:57 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Hundreds of people rallied at the Utah State Capitol Tuesday to protest Gov. Gary Hebert's decision to stop the flow of federal money to Planned Parenthood in Utah.
- Davis keynote speaker at N. Carolina abortion-rights events Updated: Aug-26-15 10:00 am
DURHAM, North Carolina - The Texas state senator whose 2013 floor filibuster against an abortion bill vaulted her to national prominence is in North Carolina raising money for a political group affiliated with Planned Parenthood.
- Missouri abortion licensing law splits GOP, health officials Updated: Aug-25-15 9:52 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republican senators and the Missouri health department director debated Tuesday whether a Columbia Planned Parenthood met state requirements needed to perform abortions, an issue that has led to questions about whether the agency properly granted the clinic a license in July.
- Colorado won't investigate Planned Parenthood over videos Updated: Aug-25-15 8:58 pm
DENVER - Colorado authorities will not investigate Planned Parenthood's Denver branch over allegations the organization illegally profited from the sale of fetal tissue used for medical research.
- Planned Parenthood sues Louisiana over cut to Medicaid funds Updated: Aug-25-15 2:31 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Planned Parenthood asked a federal judge Tuesday to stop Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration from ending Medicaid payments to the organization's Louisiana clinics.
- Columbia clinic licensed for abortions received exemption Updated: Aug-23-15 12:13 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - When the Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia was granted a license to provide medication-induced abortions, it was exempted from the requirement that it have a doctor on staff with surgical privileges at a hospital in the community.
- Federal delegation crisscrosses state during August break Updated: Aug-23-15 12:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's federal lawmakers are still discussing Planned Parenthood and the Iran nuclear deal during their August break, but at county fairs and coffee shops rather than in the halls of Congress.
- Herbert: Blocking Planned Parenthood won't hurt services Updated: Aug-20-15 7:46 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's decision to stop disbursing federal money to Planned Parenthood won't threaten women's access to health care, Gov. Gary Herbert said Thursday.
- AG looking into Medicaid payments to abortion clinics Updated: Aug-20-15 7:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Attorney General Alan Wilson's office is looking into Medicaid payments to South Carolina's three abortion clinics to determine whether any fraud occurred, according to letters provided Thursday to The Associated Press.
- Pine Bluff Democrat announces switch to Republican Party Updated: Aug-20-15 6:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - State Rep. Mike Holcomb said Thursday he's switching to the Republican Party, criticizing Democrats for their support of Planned Parenthood as part of the reason why he became the first Arkansas legislator to leave the party since a GOP sweep in November.
- Actions speak louder than words for Scott's political future Updated: Aug-20-15 5:40 am
- Planned Parenthood Florida says it will resume abortions Updated: Aug-19-15 4:53 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Planned Parenthood said Wednesday that three of its Florida clinics will resume performing first-trimester abortions, although state health officials warn they are still investigating the organization.
- Planned Parenthood TV ad targets Portman over federal funds Updated: Aug-19-15 4:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Planned Parenthood's political arm is targeting Ohio Sen. Rob Portman in a television ad highlighting congressional efforts to halt federal dollars to the organization.
- New rule: Arizona clinics must report fate of fetal tissue Updated: Aug-18-15 10:28 am
PHOENIX - Arizona abortion clinics must report what happens to the remains of aborted fetuses under a new rule issued by Gov. Doug Ducey.
- Branstad says state reviewing Planned Parenthood contracts Updated: Aug-17-15 6:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad says he wants state agencies in Iowa to review its contracts with the local Planned Parenthood affiliate to ensure no funding is going to abortions.
- Arkansas ending Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-14-15 6:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas is ending its Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood, Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Friday, despite warnings federal officials have given other states that such a move could violate the law.
- Otter declines to order investigation of Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-14-15 5:57 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter said he will not launch an investigation into Planned Parenthood facilities in Idaho despite receiving a request from nearly 30 Republican state lawmakers.
- Vanderbilt received $10M in grants for fetal tissue research Updated: Aug-14-15 2:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt University is one of nearly 100 research institutions to receive federal funding for fetal tissue research between 2011 and 2014 - a practice that has unleashed a furor on Capitol Hill after anti-abortion activists recently released undercover videos pertaining to such research.
- Governor reassures Republicans fetal tissue sales illegal Updated: Aug-13-15 4:12 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam said Thursday that questions from fellow Republicans prompted a letter assuring them that fetal tissue sales are illegal in Tennessee and explaining the state's dealings with Planned Parenthood.
- AG Healey remains strong backer of Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-13-15 4:10 pm
BOSTON - The renewed national focus on Planned Parenthood is highlighting Attorney General Maura Healey's strong support of the group.
- Senator told no fetal tissue donations in Connecticut Updated: Aug-13-15 3:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state Department of Public Health says it has confirmed that Planned Parenthood in Connecticut does not participate in any fetal tissue donation programs.