- Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abortion procedure Updated: Jun-25-15 9:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A judge on Thursday blocked Kansas' first-in-the-nation ban on an abortion procedure that opponents describe as dismembering a fetus, concluding that the law would likely present too big of an obstacle for women seeking to end their pregnancies.
- High court to decide whether to take up major abortion case Updated: Jun-22-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - Abortion is back before the Supreme Court, and the justices could signal by the end of June whether they are likely to take up the biggest case on the hot-button subject in nearly a quarter-century.
- Planned Parenthood: No new Texas abortion clinics in works Updated: Jun-20-15 7:40 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards said Saturday that her organization has no immediate plans to build more abortion clinics in Texas, where only eight facilities are likely to remain if another round of strict regulations takes effect July 1.
- Iowa court allows remote dispensing of abortion pill Updated: Jun-19-15 11:28 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has struck down a restriction that would have prevented doctors from administering abortion-inducing pills remotely via video teleconferencing, saying it would have placed an undue burden on a woman's right to get an abortion.
- Scott approves abortion 24-hour waiting period bill Updated: Jun-10-15 8:08 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Women will have to wait 24 hours before having an abortion under a bill Republican Gov. Rick Scott signed into law Wednesday, a reflective period supporters said they hoped would change some women's minds before ending their pregnancies.
- Renewed fight expected over Indiana abortion clinic rules Updated: Jun-10-15 4:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's push to place tougher restrictions on a Lafayette Planned Parenthood clinic that provides abortions only by using drugs, not surgery, could spark a new court fight under a revised law set to take effect in July.