- New York Red Bulls' Jesse Marsch voted MLS Coach of the Year Updated: Nov-24-15 3:33 pm
NEW YORK - The Red Bulls' Jesse Marsch has been voted Major League Soccer's Coach of the Year, the first to earn the honor in the two-decade history of the New York team.
- Chicago Fire of MLS hires Valjko Paunovic as coach Updated: Nov-24-15 2:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Fire have hired Serbian Veljko Paunovic as coach to replace the fired Frank Yallop.
- Portland opens conference final with 3-1 win over FC Dallas Updated: Nov-22-15 11:40 pm
- Columbus, Portland win first legs in MLS playoffs Updated: Nov-22-15 10:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus' Justin Meram scored after just nine seconds and the Crew went on to beat the New York Red Bulls 2-0 on Sunday in the first leg of the Major League Soccer Eastern Conference finals.
- Meram, Kamara score, Crew beat Red Bulls 2-0 in 1st leg Updated: Nov-22-15 7:44 pm
- New York Red Bulls' Robles voted MLS Goalkeeper of Year Updated: Nov-19-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - The Red Bulls' Luis Robles has been voted Major League Soccer's Goalkeeper of the Year.
- Kansas City goalkeeper Melia voted MLS Comeback Player Updated: Nov-18-15 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - Sporting Kansas City goalkeeper Tim Melia has been voted Major League Soccer's Comeback Player of the Year.
- Biello given Impact job to keep, interim title removed Updated: Nov-13-15 7:03 pm
MONTREAL - The interim tag is coming off Montreal Impact coach Mauro Biello's title.
- Patrick Vieira hired as coach of NYCFC in MLS Updated: Nov-09-15 12:05 pm
NEW YORK - Former French star Patrick Vieira was hired Monday to coach New York City FC, one week after the Major League Soccer club fired Jason Kreis.
- Portland advances to West finals with 2-0 win over Vancouver Updated: Nov-09-15 1:37 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Inches away from getting eliminated in the knockout round of the MLS Cup playoffs, the Portland Timbers are bound for the Western Conference finals for the second time in franchise history.
- FC Dallas wins PK shootout, advances to conference finals Updated: Nov-09-15 12:47 am
FRISCO, Texas - Walker Zimmerman forced extra time with a 91st-minute goal and scored the clinching penalty kick to help top-seeded FC Dallas reach the MLS Cup Western Conference finals on Sunday night advancing past the Seattle Sounders in their two-game series.
- Red Bulls advance to MLS Cup Eastern finals Updated: Nov-08-15 8:34 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - Even without Bradley Wright-Phillips' goal 2 minutes into injury time, the New York Red Bulls would have advanced to the MLS Cup Eastern Conference finals.
- Kamara, Crew advance to MLS Cup Eastern finals Updated: Nov-08-15 8:30 pm
- Atlanta United shifts training facility to different site Updated: Nov-06-15 6:30 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta United FC has dropped plans to build a $35 million training facility east of the city.
- Impact owner Joey Saputo, 2 staff members fined Updated: Nov-06-15 6:28 pm
NEW YORK - MLS Commissioner Don Garber fined Montreal Impact owner Joey Saputo and two staff members undisclosed amounts Friday for inappropriate conduct directed at the game officials.
- Giovinco, Kamara, Feilhaber finalists for MLS MVP award Updated: Nov-03-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto FC's Sebastian Giovinco, Columbus Crew's Kei Kamara and Sporting Kansas City's Benny Feilhaber are finalists for the MLS Most Valuable Player award.
- Red Bulls defender Damien Perrinelle out with knee injury Updated: Nov-03-15 12:25 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - New York Red Bulls defender Damien Perrinelle will miss the rest of the MLS playoffs with a knee injury.
- Kreis out as coach of NYCFC after team's 1st season in MLS Updated: Nov-02-15 7:58 pm
NEW YORK - Jason Kreis' tenure as coach of Major League Soccer's New York City FC has ended after the team's first season.
- Dempsey scores in 86th, Sounders beat Dallas 2-1 Updated: Nov-02-15 1:20 am
SEATTLE - Clint Dempsey just felt it was the right time for him to take the free kick.
- Impact beat Crew 2-1 in first leg of Eastern semifinal Updated: Nov-01-15 9:39 pm
- Timbers and Whitecaps play to 0-0 draw in MLS playoff match Updated: Nov-01-15 8:57 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland goalkeeper Jake Gleeson, who hadn't played in a Major League Soccer game since 2011, got the heads up Sunday morning that he was starting for the Timbers that afternoon in the first leg of the Western Conference semifinal against Vancouver.
- Red Bulls take first leg on road over DC United 1-0 Updated: Nov-01-15 5:19 pm
- DC United defender Bobby Boswell suspended 1 game Updated: Oct-30-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - D.C. United defender Bobby Boswell was suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount by MLS on Friday for endangering the safety of an opponent.
- Portland beats Kansas City on penalties to advance Updated: Oct-30-15 2:51 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Goalkeeper Adam Kwarasey kept the Portland Timbers alive in the playoffs with both a shot and a save.
- Portland, Montreal advance to last 8 in MLS playoffs Updated: Oct-30-15 2:40 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland advanced to the last eight of the MLS Cup playoffs by beating Sporting Kansas City 7-6 in a penalty shootout after a tense 2-2 draw on Thursday.