- Steven Stamkos says he'd like to remain with Lightning Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Steven Stamkos hopes he hasn't played his last game for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Canucks Sports and Entertainment names Jeff Stipec COO Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Canucks Sports and Entertainment said Friday that Jeff Stipec is the new chief operating officer of the company that operates the NHL's Vancouver Canucks and Rogers Arena.
- Sharks stars Thornton, Marleau finally reach 1st Cup final Updated: May-27-16 5:30 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau have been linked ever since they went one-two in the 1997 NHL draft to Boston and San Jose.
- Voynov named to Russian roster, status for World Cup unclear Updated: May-27-16 11:19 am
Former Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is no sure thing to play in the World Cup of Hockey despite being named to Russia's final roster on Friday.
- Senators defenseman Chris Phillips announces retirement Updated: May-26-16 9:21 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips is closing out his career with the only NHL team he has ever known.
- Coyotes hire Anaheim's Segal as COO Updated: May-25-16 3:47 pm
- GM ready to be patient expecting Predators to keep improving Updated: May-18-16 4:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - General manager David Poile believes patience might be the remaining ingredient needed for the Nashville Predators to take that "next step."
- Ex-NHL player Stevens pleads not guilty to drug charges Updated: May-18-16 11:07 am
BOSTON - A two-time Stanley Cup champion hockey player from Massachusetts has been freed without bail after pleading not guilty to federal drug charges.
- St. Louis Blues stayed course, now reaping benefits Updated: May-13-16 6:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - After three straight first-round eliminations, Doug Armstrong resisted the temptation to tear it all down.
- Capitals assistant Reirden a 'future head coach' in the NHL Updated: May-13-16 2:42 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Todd Reirden's road to coaching started as a journeyman defenseman playing in the minors for Todd McLellan's Houston Aeros during the 2004-05 NHL lockout.
- Stars future with 2 top scorers, need decision on 2 goalies Updated: May-12-16 4:25 pm
DALLAS - The Dallas Stars have two of the NHL's top scorers with young All-Star players Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin.
- Caps latest Presidents' Trophy champs to go poof in playoffs Updated: May-11-16 5:16 pm
Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals became the latest in a long line of NHL teams to discover regular-season dominance doesn't translate into playoff prominence.
- Marc Crawford back in the NHL as an assistant with Ottawa Updated: May-11-16 4:36 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Marc Crawford just wanted to be back in the NHL.
- Boudreau in Minnesota: 'This is the last place I'm going' Updated: May-10-16 6:27 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Bruce Boudreau's teams have been remarkably consistent and successful over nearly a decade on the bench in the NHL.
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal Updated: May-09-16 4:50 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - The Florida Panthers and defenseman Erik Gudbranson have agreed on a one-year contract.
- UND's Caggiula signs contract with NHL's Edmonton Oilers Updated: May-09-16 11:48 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota hockey standout Drake Caggiula has signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the NHL's Edmonton Oilers.
- Kane, Benn and Crosby are Hart Trophy finalists Updated: May-07-16 1:59 pm
- Sacrificing body to block shots crucial in NHL playoffs Updated: May-06-16 2:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The only good thing about taking a puck to the head from the man with the NHL's hardest shot is just how fast it happens.
- NHL, Oilers, Flames each donating $100,000 to Fort McMurray Updated: May-05-16 6:16 pm
- Lesser names hogging spotlight for Penguins, Capitals Updated: May-05-16 5:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The well-traveled defenseman filling in for his team's most indispensable player scored the first goal. The seemingly ageless center closing in on his 40th birthday scored the second. And the winger who makes a living trying to create space for Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby delivered the overtime winner that brought the Penguins within one victory of a spot in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Arizona's Chayka becomes youngest GM in NHL history Updated: May-05-16 5:37 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The NHL has followed Major League Baseball's analytical trend in recent years, relying more on advanced statistics to evaluate players and tendencies.
- NHL coaching carousel 'spinning out of control' Updated: May-05-16 2:53 pm
Bob Hartley watched bosses come and go three times as coach of the Calgary Flames. He will need one more general manager to believe in him to stay in the NHL.
- Ovechkin, Tavares, Weber are Messier finalists Updated: May-04-16 7:46 pm
NEW YORK - Washington's Alex Ovechkin, the New York Islanders' John Tavares and Nashville's Shea Weber are the finalists for the Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award.
- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins Updated: May-03-16 6:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.
- Penguins defenseman Letang suspended 1 game for interference Updated: May-03-16 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Penguins will be without Kris Letang for Game 4 against Washington after the NHL suspended him one game Tuesday after interfering with Washington's Marcus Johansson early in Pittsburgh's 3-2 win over the Capitals on Monday night.