- New Las Vegas club has edge over NHL's 2000 expansion teams Updated: Jun-29-16 2:46 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - With the new franchise's prospects on the ice in front of them at the team's first rookie camp, Minnesota Wild general manager Doug Risebrough sat down next to director of hockey operations Tom Lynn and asked for an initial assessment.
- Odd-man out in Florida, Kulikov excited to join Sabres Updated: Jun-28-16 5:34 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Dmitry Kulikov was initially excited upon learning the Florida Panthers had acquired and then signed free-agent defenseman Keith Yandle to a long-term contract last week.
- NHL fines Canucks $50,000 for GM comments ahead of draft Updated: Jun-28-16 4:32 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The NHL has fined the Vancouver Canucks $50,000 for tampering after general manager Jim Benning mentioned specific players the team might be interested in.
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey Hall of Fame class Updated: Jun-27-16 6:49 pm
Eric Lindros knew exactly what day and time the Hockey Hall of Fame would call. He was just hoping his phone would ring this time after six years of silence.
- Preds name Redden assistant director of player development Updated: Jun-27-16 3:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have hired former All-Star defenseman Wade Redden as their assistant director of player development.
- NHL teams must consider expansion draft in offseason plans Updated: Jun-27-16 10:54 am
Brad Treliving saw the rules for the expansion draft and immediately was in an advantageous position. The Calgary Flames' general manager needed a goaltender, and with Las Vegas set to harvest the NHL for two of them in a year, his colleagues had incentive to make a move.
- NHL teams' focus turns to 'Big Fish' in free agency: Stamkos Updated: Jun-26-16 7:29 pm
BUFFALO, New York - As team executives began gathering on the arena floor an hour before the start of the NHL draft's second round Saturday morning, a video highlighting former No. 1 selections began playing on the big-screen video boards.
- NHL Draft: McPhee grows emotional once son picked by Oilers Updated: Jun-25-16 5:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - As a longtime NHL scout and general manager, George McPhee has had a hand in providing opportunities to countless prospects at the NHL draft.
- Stars, Kings swap US-born prospects on final day of draft Updated: Jun-25-16 3:24 pm
- Blue Jackets trade Rychel to Maple Leafs for Harrington Updated: Jun-25-16 3:15 pm
- Sabres acquire defenseman Kulikov in trade with Panthers Updated: Jun-25-16 10:58 am
BUFFALO, New York - Sabres general manager Tim Murray filled his team's wish list by acquiring veteran defenseman Dmitri Kulikov in a trade with the Florida Panthers.
- Red Wings trade Russia-bound Datsyuk's contract to Coyotes Updated: Jun-24-16 11:49 pm
- Lightning not giving up on possibility of re-signing Stamkos Updated: Jun-24-16 11:41 pm
BUFFALO, New York - With time running out, Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman isn't ready to give up on the possibility of re-signing captain Steven Stamkos.
- Flames acquire goalie Elliott from Blues for 2nd-round pick Updated: Jun-24-16 9:05 pm
- Wild buy out final year of winger Thomas Vanek's contract Updated: Jun-24-16 5:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild bought out the final year of left wing Thomas Vanek's contract Friday.
- Arizona Coyotes have site for new arena picked out Updated: Jun-24-16 1:39 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Arizona Coyotes have selected a site for their new arena but aren't ready to announce its location.
- Nashville Predators part-owner suing team and its chairman Updated: Jun-23-16 9:04 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A part--owner of the Nashville Predators is suing the team and its chairman, saying they breached their fiduciary obligations and contractual commitments to him after he helped keep the franchise in Nashville
- Blue Jackets' GM hedges on Finn-ished products in NHL draft Updated: Jun-23-16 8:14 pm
BUFFALO, New York - When it comes to the NHL draft, Columbus Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen is team first, nation second.
- Panel studying stadium plan in Vegas gets new numbers Updated: Jun-23-16 7:25 pm
LAS VEGAS - A day after Las Vegas won a bid for an NHL expansion team, a governor's panel studying a proposed 65,000-seat domed stadium to lure a pro football franchise was greeted Thursday with a pep talk and changing financial figures.
- Chicago's Patrick Kane wins the Hart Trophy as NHL MVP Updated: Jun-22-16 10:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - After Patrick Kane added three more awards to his overflowing trophy case, he took a moment to appreciate his new place in American hockey history.
- The Latest: Patrick Kane takes home Hart Trophy as NHL MVP Updated: Jun-22-16 9:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Latest at the NHL Awards show from the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (all times EDT):
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; new team to start play in 2017 Updated: Jun-22-16 8:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - The NHL is making a big bet on Las Vegas.
- Salary cap crunch makes for early NHL trade opportunities Updated: Jun-21-16 8:58 pm
The echoes of a Stanley Cup parade in Pittsburgh have only just faded and NHL teams are already getting down to business preparing for next season.
- Raising Arizona: Matthews goes from desert to top of draft Updated: Jun-21-16 7:31 pm
About a year before Auston Matthews was born, professional hockey arrived in Arizona.
- NHL schedule for 2016-17 condensed for World Cup, bye weeks Updated: Jun-21-16 6:42 pm
The 2016-17 NHL schedule is jam-packed, thanks to a late start because of the World Cup and a bye week for each team.