- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins Updated: May-03-16 6:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.
- Penguins defenseman Letang suspended 1 game for interference Updated: May-03-16 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Penguins will be without Kris Letang for Game 4 against Washington after the NHL suspended him one game Tuesday after interfering with Washington's Marcus Johansson early in Pittsburgh's 3-2 win over the Capitals on Monday night.
- AP Interview: Fasel worried NHL players will skip 2018 Games Updated: May-03-16 2:12 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The head of ice hockey's international body says there is a strong possibility that NHL players won't be competing at the next Winter Olympics.
- Raptors ratings still struggling to compete with NHL, Jays Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
TORONTO - Despite getting more attention from Canadian TV viewers, the Toronto Raptors are still struggling to compete with hockey and baseball.
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames fired Bob Hartley on Tuesday, a season after he was voted the NHL's coach of the year.
- Council votes not to sell street for potential Seattle arena Updated: May-02-16 10:55 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's City Council on Monday voted not to vacate a stretch of road where an investor aiming to bring an NBA team to the city hopes to eventually build an arena that could house it.
- Pavelski leads Sharks to playoff wins in year 1 as captain Updated: May-02-16 4:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Pavelski's transformation as an NHL player can be illustrated by the evolution of his nicknames.
- Capitals defenseman Orpik thinks 3-game suspension is fair Updated: May-02-16 2:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Brooks Orpik was trying to be physical. Yet the instant the Washington Capitals defenseman made contact with Pittsburgh defenseman Olli Maatta's head early in Game 2 on Saturday night, Orpik knew he had crossed a sometimes vague line between aggressive and illegal.
- Marquette facility wins Kraft Hockeyville USA contest Updated: May-02-16 2:02 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Marquette's Lakeview Arena has won the title of Kraft Hockeyville USA, a $150,000 grand prize and the opportunity to host an NHL preseason game.
- 2 more UND hockey underclassmen leaving for the NHL Updated: May-02-16 6:28 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Two more underclassmen on the national champion University of North Dakota men's hockey team are leaving for the professional ranks.
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists Updated: May-01-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - Florida's Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh's Pascal Dupuis and the New York Rangers' Mats Zuccarello are the finalists for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy as the NHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Updated: Apr-26-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended by the NHL for three games for a high hit on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
- Blackhawks positioned for more success next season Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - No June hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks this year. Heck, even May is a blank slate.
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Just as it has in every season since winning it all in 1975, Philadelphia heads home without a Stanley Cup.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.
- Red Wings follow refrain, make brief appearance in playoffs Updated: Apr-22-16 6:58 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have developed a pattern of consistency, and that's not necessarily a good thing.
- Hats over rats: NHL commish on what fans can throw on ice Updated: Apr-22-16 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - Attention, Florida Panthers fans: Throwing those toy rats on the ice during a game means drawing the ire of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Updated: Apr-21-16 4:53 pm
When the Philadelphia Flyers hired Dave Hakstol as coach last summer, T.J. Oshie was surprised.
- Flyers founder Ed Snider remembered for love of the game Updated: Apr-21-16 4:45 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider once kicked Donald Trump out of a suite during a playoff game.
- Predators sign forward Adam Payerl to one-year contract Updated: Apr-21-16 2:49 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed forward Adam Payerl to a one-year contract.