- LaVine exits All-Star stage for Kobe and the NBA's best Updated: Feb-14-16 3:08 am
TORONTO - Zach LaVine called it the best dunk contest ever, a showdown with Aaron Gordon that rivaled what Michael Jordan and Dominique Wilkins did.
- Zach LaVine wins dunk thriller to cap All-Star Saturday Updated: Feb-14-16 12:04 am
TORONTO - Aaron Gordon soared over his mascot, but nobody flies higher than Zach LaVine in the slam dunk contest.
- The Latest: Zach LaVine takes flight, wins 2nd dunk contest Updated: Feb-13-16 10:43 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Saturday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Silver: No Hack-a-Shaq rules change this season Updated: Feb-13-16 10:04 pm
TORONTO - Adam Silver said Saturday no changes are coming to Hack-a-Shaq this season, though he seems to favor some rule adjustment.
- Hope springs eternal in the D-League, even for All-Stars Updated: Feb-13-16 5:36 pm
TORONTO - Only a few miles from the site of Sunday's NBA All-Star Game, before a couple thousand people in an arena primarily used to play minor-league hockey, Jimmer Fredette couldn't help but think big.
- Rising Stars: LaVine, US beat Wiggins, World 157-154 Updated: Feb-12-16 11:50 pm
TORONTO - Zach LaVine hoisted the MVP trophy above his head, laughing along with Minnesota Timberwolves teammates Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns as he stood on the podium.
- The Latest: US beats World 157-154 in Rising Stars Challenge Updated: Feb-12-16 11:04 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Carmelo Anthony voted to player union's executive committee Updated: Feb-12-16 8:39 pm
TORONTO - New York Knicks All-Star Carmelo Anthony has been elected to the NBA Players Association's executive committee as a vice president.
- Willis making most of minutes starting for No. 22 Kentucky Updated: Feb-12-16 6:45 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Derek Willis' hope of getting into the rotation at Kentucky required a lot of patience during a two-year wait for minutes behind a glut of NBA-caliber talent.
- It's Kobe's world, at least for 1 more All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-12-16 6:03 pm
TORONTO - Kobe Bryant answered questions in Spanish and Italian, raved about Canadian hospitality, showed off knowledge of both Greek basketball and English soccer. He announced plans to go to the Philippines and Taiwan, thanked fans from Japan and even asked a reporter how to say a phrase in Mandarin.
- Steph Curry returns to Toronto at the height of his powers Updated: Feb-12-16 5:38 pm
TORONTO - When the Toronto Raptors signed Dell Curry in 1999 to provide some shooting on the perimeter, they also acquired two young children in the deal that would dart around the back hallways of the Air Canada Center dribbling basketballs and bouncing off the walls.
- former Wyoming star Nance finds niche with LA Lakers Updated: Feb-12-16 12:16 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - It's mid-January and Larry Nance Jr. is the last player in the visiting team's locker room at Golden State's Oracle Arena.
- Kobe's last, Toronto's 1st as NBA All-Star goes outside US Updated: Feb-11-16 8:21 pm
TORONTO - Of all the goodies Kobe Bryant collects in his farewell season, one this weekend might be particularly useful.
- Shaq wishes he had a farewell tour like Kobe is getting Updated: Feb-11-16 8:18 pm
TORONTO - Shaquille O'Neal has watched former teammate Kobe Bryant's farewell tour this season from afar. And even though Bryant hasn't been the consistently dynamic player he once was while playing for a Los Angeles Lakers team that is losing games by the bucketful, O'Neal couldn't help but be a little envious of the way Bryant has been able to say goodbye.
- Heat's Hassan Whiteside banned a game for throwing elbow Updated: Feb-11-16 4:03 pm
- Curry flirts with triple-double, Warriors top Suns 112-104 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:43 am
PHOENIX - The Golden State-Phoenix mismatch wasn't the blowout most expected, just another routine Warriors victory.
- Pistons retire Billups' jersey at halftime against Denver Updated: Feb-10-16 9:26 pm
AUBURN HIILS, Michigan - Moments before his jersey went up to the rafters, Chauncey Billups spoke to the crowd about the night the Detroit Pistons wrapped up the 2004 NBA title by routing the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 5 of the Finals.
- Impact Hack-a-Someone tactic having on NBA is growing issue Updated: Feb-10-16 3:53 pm
MIAMI - San Antonio's first play of the 2008-09 season was designed and executed perfectly. Spurs' center Tim Duncan didn't bother jumping for the opening tap, conceding it to Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal. Five seconds later, Michael Finley wrapped his arms around O'Neal for an intentional foul.
- Wall has to work for recognition among top NBA point guards Updated: Feb-10-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Fresh off scoring 51 points against the Washington Wizards, reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry praised John Wall, who dropped a quiet 41 against the Warriors.
- Whiteside remains an enigma, and ejection won't help Updated: Feb-10-16 12:35 pm
MIAMI - Hassan Whiteside leads the NBA in blocked shots, ranks fifth league-wide in rebounds per game and has all three of Miami's triple-doubles this season.
- NBA reviewing if jump-on-back foul should be flagrant Updated: Feb-07-16 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA is reviewing whether the act of jumping on a player's back to intentionally foul him should be interpreted as a flagrant foul.
- NBA All-Star weekend: A primer on what to watch in Toronto Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
Hockey and Toronto are synonymous, with the sport's Hall of Fame being housed there and the Maple Leafs being one of the NHL's "Original Six" franchises. And sports like baseball, rugby, yachting and curling all have history in the city going back to the 19th century.
- Obama salutes NBA champs at White House Updated: Feb-04-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - A basketball enthusiast, President Barack Obama applauded the Golden State Warriors on Thursday and marveled at how they are revolutionizing professional basketball with what he described as a "small-ball nuclear lineup" that specializes in great shooting and passing.
- Essentials: Toronto, from what's new to classic attractions Updated: Feb-04-16 12:37 pm
TORONTO - Grab your toque (what Canadians call a wool hat) and get your game face on if you're heading for the NBA All-Star Game in the 6ix -a term coined by rapper Drake, Toronto's unofficial ambassador, for his hometown.
- Clippers waiting on results of NBA's Griffin inquiry Updated: Feb-02-16 7:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Clippers will decide whether Blake Griffin joins them for the team's upcoming road trip after the NBA announces the results of its investigation of the star forward's punching of an assistant equipment manager.