- Gaza slum growth illustrates economic plight, bleak future Updated: Jun-22-16 11:09 am
EL-ZOHOR, Gaza Strip - The expansion of Gaza's el-Zohor slum, where barefoot children play in the rusty skeletons of discarded vehicles surrounded by mountains of garbage, is a sign of the times in Gaza, where poverty is growing and there is little hope for the future.
- Palestinians set municipal elections for October 8 Updated: Jun-21-16 9:48 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The Palestinian Authority in the West Bank has called for municipal elections to be held October 8, but it is unclear whether the Islamic militant group Hamas will participate.
- Israeli minister suggests offshore seaport for Gaza Updated: Jun-20-16 12:53 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's transportation minister said Monday he is pushing for the construction of an "artificial island" off the coast of Hamas-ruled Gaza, saying it will alleviate economic hardship in the blockaded coastal strip and reconnect it to the rest of the world.
- Palestinian reality TV show shines light on democracy woes Updated: Jun-02-16 5:45 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The winner of this "election" for Palestinian president was a 24-year-old lawyer from east Jerusalem, who defeated a woman and a Christian from Bethlehem. But this was reality television - not real life - and the vote came on a TV show called "The President" that is meant to educate young Palestinians about politics.
- Gaza's Hamas rulers execute 3 men convicted of murder Updated: May-31-16 6:38 am
- US coach promotes wheelchair basketball in Gaza Updated: May-30-16 8:14 am
KHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip - A top U.S. coach is in the Gaza Strip to help set up the territory's first female wheelchair basketball team.