- Efforts to repeal new tax could formally launch this week Updated: Aug-02-15 4:25 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republicans angry that Nevada lawmakers approved a $1.1 billion tax package this spring, just months after voters overwhelmingly rejected a tax hike on the ballot, are launching efforts to repeal it and kick some of its backers out of office.
- Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo found guilty of DUI Updated: Jul-27-15 8:47 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo was found guilty Monday of driving under the influence and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, but he won't have to serve jail time in the case.
- Uber, Lyft rules being drafted; process could take months Updated: Jul-23-15 8:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - It's been almost two months since Gov. Brian Sandoval signed hard-fought bills clearing the way for ride-hailing in Nevada, but it could be months more before companies such as Uber and Lyft actually hit the roads.
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman endorses Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-20-15 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is endorsing Republican Rep. Joe Heck in his bid for Senate.
- Lee leads Democratic rivals for Congress in fundraising Updated: Jul-15-15 8:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Political newcomer Susie Lee has an early fundraising lead in the four-way Democratic primary for Nevada's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Heller, Hardy, Amodei back fellow Republican Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Sen. Dean Heller and congressmen Mark Amodei and Cresent Hardy are formally endorsing their Republican colleague Joe Heck for Senate.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 7:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Danny Tarkanian announced Monday that he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Masto, Heck ramp up fundraising in Nevada US Senate race Updated: Jul-10-15 8:56 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic former Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced that she has raised $1.1 million since launching her campaign for U.S. Senate three months ago, although her newly announced Republican opponent has a larger stash of cash.
- Aviation firms promise more jobs after getting tax breaks Updated: Jul-09-15 11:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A state board granted tax breaks to seven Nevada aviation industry companies on Thursday, marking the first time officials have used a new incentive program aimed at keeping planes from flying out-of-state to a better tax climate when they need multimillion-dollar repairs.
- GOP lawmaker Fiore defends Confederate flag as history Updated: Jul-08-15 7:33 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Republican Nevada assemblywoman defended the Confederate flag on Wednesday, saying it's a piece of American history and should remain in place at the South Carolina statehouse in spite of efforts to remove it.