- Fox: Criminal investigation had no effect on resignation Updated: Oct-06-15 12:19 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - New Jersey's outgoing transportation chief said Tuesday that an investigation into whether United Airlines engaged in criminal activities while he lobbied on the company's behalf didn't affect his decision to resign.
- Official: Fox disappointed over transportation funding Updated: Oct-05-15 4:59 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's transportation chief is resigning because he was disappointed over not reaching a plan to shore up the state's transportation trust fund, a key lawmaker and friend of the commissioner said Monday.
- Tangled web surrounds United's aborted Atlantic City routes Updated: Sep-28-15 2:44 am
NEW YORK - Desperate to draw visitors to Atlantic City, New Jersey officials gave United Airlines more than $100,000 in incentives to fly to the seaside resort for at least a year. Then, when United abruptly canceled the money-losing routes eight months later, the officials appointed by Gov. Chris Christie decided not to enforce a contract provision that required the airline to repay the money, The Associated Press has learned.
- Tangled web surrounds United's aborted Atlantic City routes Updated: Sep-28-15 2:36 am
NEW YORK - United Airlines was given more than $100,000 in marketing incentives last year as part of a deal to start flights to Atlantic City International Airport. However, The Associated Press has learned that when the airline broke the agreement by abruptly canceling the money-losing routes early, officials appointed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie decided not to enforce a contract provision that required United to repay the money.
- Police present flag to German Chancellor at 9/11 memorial Updated: Sep-26-15 9:41 pm
NEW YORK - Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel tells officials she plans to fly a World Trade Center memorial flag at the German Chancellery in honor of the 37 police officers with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Senate approves measure backing Hudson rail project Updated: Sep-24-15 4:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The state Senate is calling on the federal government to support a recent proposal from Governors Chris Christie of New Jersey and Andrew Cuomo of New York to build a new rail tunnel beneath the Hudson River.
- Cuomo, Christie ask Obama for 'fair' plan for Hudson tunnel Updated: Sep-15-15 7:29 pm
ALBANY, New York - The governors of New York and New Jersey wrote to President Barack Obama on Tuesday asking the federal government to pay for half the cost of a new rail tunnel below the Hudson River - a sign that the long-delayed project could be moving ahead.
- Christie in context: 4 areas where there's more to the story Updated: Sep-12-15 12:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie laid the groundwork for his campaign with detailed policy speeches on foreign policy, the economy and education, among other issues.
- Lawmaker: Port Authority reforms would prevent favor trading Updated: Sep-10-15 3:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers shined a spotlight Thursday on possible corruption at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey that touches a former agency executive who is also an ally of White House contender Gov. Chris Christie.
- United CEO Jeff Smisek steps down amid federal investigation Updated: Sep-09-15 9:23 am
United Airlines abruptly replaced its CEO as a federal investigation continued into whether the airline gave preferential treatment to a former chairman of the agency that operates the New York-area airports who has political ties to New Jersey Gov. and presidential candidate Chris Christie.