- The Latest: 16 Syrians detained in Albania Updated: May-04-16 3:05 pm
BRUSSELS - The Latest on Europe's response to the wave of migration from the Middle East and elsewhere (all times local):
- EU moves on visa offer to win Turkey's help with migrants Updated: May-04-16 1:11 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union pressed ahead Wednesday with efforts to persuade Turkey to stop asylum seekers from reaching Europe and take back thousands more by offering Turkish citizens the prospect of visa-free travel within the bloc.
- Greece rules out "what if" austerity measures sought by IMF Updated: May-04-16 8:01 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece will not approve contingency savings measures that the International Monetary Fund is demanding in case the country does not meet budget targets set out by bailout lenders, an official said Wednesday.
- Greek PM criticizes Turkey over Aegean violations Updated: Apr-22-16 9:46 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras criticized neighboring Turkey Friday for preventing a NATO force in the Aegean Sea from expanding its activities further south along the two countries' borders as a part of its deployment to help tackle the refugee crisis.
- Turkey wants EU visa changes by June or migrant deal is off Updated: Apr-19-16 9:10 am
PARIS - Turkey could easily call off the migrant deal struck with the European Union if visa rules for Turks aren't relaxed within the next two months, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Tuesday, sounding a warning over a controversial deal which has stemmed much of the human tide across the Aegean Sea.
- Somali leaders give condolences on report of many drowned Updated: Apr-18-16 2:27 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - The leaders of Somalia issued a joint condolence message to the nation Monday over an unconfirmed report that some migrants may have drowned in the Mediterranean Sea on a trip from Libya to Italy.
- Pope brings 12 Syrian refugees to Italy in lesson for Europe Updated: Apr-16-16 5:15 pm
MORIA, Greece - In an extraordinary gesture both political and personal, Pope Francis brought 12 Syrian Muslims to Italy aboard his plane Saturday after an emotional visit to the Greek island of Lesbos, which has faced the brunt of Europe's migration crisis.
- The Latest: Syrians thank pope for bringing them to Italy Updated: Apr-16-16 2:55 pm
MYTILENE, Greece - The Latest on Pope Francis' visit to the Greek island of Lesbos (all times local):
- Greece to restart Cup, avoid FIFA ban Updated: Apr-13-16 11:58 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's government says it will lift a suspension of the country's cup competition, under the threat of an international ban by FIFA.