- Greek campaigns, neck and neck, reach dramatic finale Updated: Jul-03-15 11:25 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greeks packed city squares for dueling rallies late into the night Friday, as polls showed a dead heat between the 'yes' and 'no' camps ahead of a bailout referendum Sunday that could be Greece's most important vote since it joined the European Union.
- Yes or no? What Greece's landmark vote might bring Updated: Jul-03-15 2:22 pm
LONDON - On his 10-year trip home, the Greek hero Odysseus at one point had to steer his ship and crew down a narrow stretch of water menaced on opposite sides by two sea monsters, Scylla and Charybdis.
- The Latest: Protesters loot supermarket in Athens suburb Updated: Jul-03-15 10:37 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes and its upcoming referendum on Sunday (all times local):
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- The next act: what happens now in Greece's drama Updated: Jun-29-15 10:49 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Greece has entered the twilight zone.
- The Latest: British leader says Greek vote is a vote on euro Updated: Jun-29-15 8:04 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes as it closes its banks and limits money withdrawals (all times local):
- Merkel faces Greek challenge with strong political capital Updated: Jun-27-15 3:06 am
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel has emerged undamaged from the global financial crisis, European bailouts, an astonishing U-turn on nuclear power and the crisis over Ukraine.
- Meet the protagonists in the Greek bailout drama Updated: Jun-24-15 11:45 am
BRUSSELS - Even if the policy talk can be deadening, the main protagonists in the Greek bailout drama have brought their big, sometimes oversized, personalities to the negotiating table.
- A shield against poverty, pensions are Greece's top priority Updated: Jun-23-15 12:10 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Looking tired and leaning on his cane, Fotis Theodorakopoulos watched quietly as other demonstrators gathered to discuss Greece's financial drama and chant defiant slogans outside the parliament.
- Game of chicken over Greece risks slipping out of control Updated: Jun-21-15 9:28 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - OK, guys. You can swerve now.
- Putin: Russian pipeline project to help Greece pay its debt Updated: Jun-19-15 8:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Russian President Vladimir Putin said after Friday's talks with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras that a prospective Russian natural gas pipeline should help Greece service its debt, but the Kremlin said the question of direct Russian financial aid to Greece was not discussed.
- THE LATEST: Obama says G-7 studying more sanctions on Russia Updated: Jun-08-15 11:35 am
ELMAU, Germany - 5:27 p.m. (1527GMT; 12:27 a.m. EDT)
- What next for Greece? A look at its options in coming days Updated: Jun-03-15 2:37 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's bailout talks are going down to the wire.