- Oklahoma safely 3 in CFP rankings; Stanford, Ohio St lurking Updated: Dec-01-15 10:30 pm
Oklahoma is No. 3 in the College Football Playoff selection committee rankings, putting the Sooners safely in position to be in the final four with their season completed.
- Shepard among Oklahoma's all-time great receivers Updated: Nov-30-15 7:07 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Sterling Shepard will go down as one of Oklahoma's great receivers.
- Assistants at Clemson, 'Bama, Oklahoma up for Broyles Award Updated: Nov-30-15 1:51 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Offensive and defensive coordinators from top-ranked Clemson, No. 2 Alabama and No. 3 Oklahoma are among finalists for the Broyles Award, given annually to a top assistant coach in college football.
- AP Top 25: Oklahoma up to No. 3, Clemson-Alabama still 1-2 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:44 pm
Oklahoma moved up to No. 3 behind Clemson and Alabama and the Big Ten placed three teams in the top six of the new Associated Press college football poll.
- PLAYOFF PULSE: Final 4 field falls into place for committee Updated: Nov-29-15 2:18 am
The College Football Playoff selection committee is set up to have a pretty easy championship weekend.
- Oklahoma State routed by Sooners, misses Big 12 title Updated: Nov-29-15 2:03 am
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State had two chances to win one game and clinch the Big 12 championship, and could not get it done.
- Mayfield leads No. 5 Oklahoma past No. 9 Oklahoma St., 58-23 Updated: Nov-29-15 1:26 am
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma took the Big 12 title and likely a spot in the College Football Playoff - and did at the expense of rival Oklahoma State in a Bedlam blowout.
- Oklahoma St. QB Rudolph doesn't start; questionable for bowl Updated: Nov-29-15 12:29 am
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State quarterback Mason Rudolph didn't start in the Cowboys' loss to Oklahoma on Saturday night because of a foot injury, and coach Mike Gundy said the sophomore is questionable for the team's bowl game.
- Oklahoma QB Mayfield expected to play vs Oklahoma St Updated: Nov-27-15 4:25 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says quarterback Baker Mayfield is expected to play Saturday against Oklahoma State after sustaining a concussion a week ago.
- No. 5 Oklahoma's defense is Big 12's best Updated: Nov-25-15 3:01 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma's defense quietly has become the Big 12's best under defensive coordinator Mike Stoops.
- AP Picks: Feast of major implications for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 am
Every team in the AP Top 25 is playing this weekend in a total of 18 games. All these games will be:
- Quarterback questions for contenders going into big games Updated: Nov-23-15 3:16 pm
The Big 12 championship could be decided by backup quarterbacks - as could a few other rivalry games this weekend.
- Oklahoma QB Mayfield works toward playing vs Oklahoma St Updated: Nov-23-15 1:27 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will do some light work at practice Monday, and hopes to play in Saturday's pivotal game against Oklahoma State after he was sidelined following a blow to the head in a win over TCU.
- No. 11 TCU falls short to No. 7 Oklahoma 30-29 Updated: Nov-22-15 2:09 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - There was never any doubt that, when TCU had a chance to win the game in the final minute, coach Gary Patterson would go for it.
- No. 7 Oklahoma survives rally, beats No. 11 TCU 30-29 Updated: Nov-22-15 1:58 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - It came down to one play, and Steven Parker made it.
- Gundy, Stoops bounce back, bring pride to Oklahoma Updated: Nov-19-15 9:42 pm
Most sports talk shows across Oklahoma sounded about the same a year ago.
- Young Oklahoma assistant Lincoln Riley has Air Raid flying Updated: Nov-18-15 2:49 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - When Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops hired Lincoln Riley as offensive coordinator last January, there was some initial skepticism.
- No. 10 Baylor knows there's no time to dwell on 1st loss Updated: Nov-17-15 3:43 am
Baylor defensive back Travon Blanchard knows there is no time for the No. 10 Bears to dwell on their first loss of the season, even though it likely knocked them out of playoff contention.
- No. 7 Oklahoma rediscovers RB Samaje Perine in surge Updated: Nov-16-15 4:23 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Workhorse running back Samaje Perine has had to adapt this season under new offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley and his "Air Raid" attack.
- Big 12's best playoff hopes now Oklahoma State, Oklahoma Updated: Nov-15-15 5:12 pm
WACO, Texas - The Big 12's playoff prospects have shifted from the banks of the Brazos to completely north of the Red River into Oklahoma, where the Sooners are surging and Oklahoma State is still undefeated.
- No. 12 Oklahoma 44-34 win, No. 4 Baylor no longer undefeated Updated: Nov-15-15 1:17 am
WACO, Texas - A Sooners spoiler along the banks of the Brazos River changed the outlook in the Big 12 Conference - and the national playoff race.
- Big change with Oklahoma now chasing Baylor for Big 12 title Updated: Nov-11-15 6:48 pm
The shift at the top of the Big 12 Conference really started four years ago, when Robert Griffin III led a winning drive that pretty much clinched him a Heisman Trophy.
- Missouri players didn't recognize how much power they had Updated: Nov-10-15 5:33 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri receiver J'Mon Moore decided to visit the protesters who had built a tent city on Carnahan Quad, demanding that the university pay attention to their complaints about racism.
- No. 12 Oklahoma starts toughest stretch, visits No. 4 Baylor Updated: Nov-09-15 5:53 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma center Ty Darlington remembers this all-or-nothing feeling.
- Baker Mayfield leads No. 14 Oklahoma past Iowa State, 52-16 Updated: Nov-08-15 12:45 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield and the Oklahoma Sooners pushed aside one last overmatched opponent.