- Mets find help at first base, get Loney in trade with Padres Updated: May-29-16 2:21 am
NEW YORK - The Mets found some help at first base following Lucas Duda's injury, acquiring veteran James Loney from the San Diego Padres for cash on Saturday.
- Pineda struggles again as Yankees lose 9-5 to Rays Updated: May-28-16 9:36 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The New York Yankees say they are not yet ready to drop struggling Michael Pineda from their starting rotation.
- Longoria's homer, 4 RBIs off Pineda lead Rays over Yanks 9-5 Updated: May-28-16 8:39 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Facing the New York Yankees, Evan Longoria broke out of a mini-slump.
- 1 bad inning costs Archer and Rays in 4-1 loss to Yankees Updated: May-27-16 11:35 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Chris Archer impressed the New York Yankees even in a loss.
- Marlins' Fernandez strikes out 12 Rays in sixth straight win Updated: May-26-16 6:09 pm
- Marlins rally falls short, Rays win 4-3 to snap slide Updated: May-24-16 5:12 pm
MIAMI - It wasn't the heart of the Tampa Bay order that frustrated Miami starter Tom Koehler.
- Rays hang on to beat Marlins 4-3, ending a 3-game slide Updated: May-24-16 4:58 pm
MIAMI - Jake Odorizzi was great at the start, and Alex Colome provided just as good a finish.
- Rays' Kiermaier expected to miss 8-10 weeks with broken hand Updated: May-23-16 5:37 pm
MIAMI - Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is expected to be sidelined eight to 10 weeks with a broken left hand, and he'll undergo surgery Tuesday in St. Petersburg to repair two fractures, the team said.
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt Updated: May-22-16 8:50 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann and Miguel Cabrera helped Detroit to a comfortable lead - then they both had to leave with injuries.
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 Updated: May-22-16 5:19 pm
MIAMI - Even when Max Scherzer eases up on the strikeouts, he can be plenty tough. Just ask the Miami Marlins.
- Tampa Bay CF Kiermaier breaks hand trying to make catch Updated: May-21-16 6:28 pm
DETROIT - Tampa Bay Rays center fielder Kevin Kiermaier has broken his left hand trying to make a catch.
- Powerful Rays beat Blue Jays 6-3 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-18-16 11:17 pm
TORONTO - The Tampa Bay Rays have a reputation for defense and great pitching.
- Blue Jays upset with timing of Rangers' retaliation Updated: May-16-16 7:10 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista is in the lineup for Monday's game against the Rays, one day after being punched in the jaw by Rangers infielder Rougned Odor during a brawl in Texas.
- Valencia homers 3 times as A's beat Rays 7-6 Updated: May-15-16 6:24 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - When Danny Valencia came to the plate with a runner on in the ninth, the Oakland Athletics were one confident bunch.
- Rays place Forsythe on 15-day disabled list Updated: May-14-16 3:52 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Rays second baseman Logan Forsythe was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday after tests revealed a hairline fracture of his left shoulder blade.
- Iannetta's HR lifts Mariners past Rays 6-5 in 11 Updated: May-11-16 10:10 pm
SEATTLE - With a full count in the bottom of the 11th inning, Seattle's Chris Iannetta was looking for a pitch to hit.
- Angels' Simmons will require surgery on thumb Updated: May-09-16 7:23 pm
- Andriese, Miller lead Rays to sweep of Angels with 3-1 win Updated: May-08-16 7:42 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Matt Andriese made his season debut for the Tampa Bay Rays on Mother's Day. His mother, Lynn, was in the stands watching him pitch in the big leagues for the first time.
- Tampa Bay Rays hit 4 home runs and beat Dodgers 8-5 Updated: May-05-16 12:19 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays have struggled at the plate this season. Surprisingly, hitting home runs has not been an issue.
- Stroman allows 1 run, Blue Jays beat Rays 5-1 Updated: May-01-16 5:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marcus Stroman gave himself and the Toronto Blue Jays a birthday gift.