- Boxberger 9th-inning error sinks Rays in 3-2 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-04-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Brad Boxberger picked up the ball on a ninth-inning bunt and threw wildly to first. By the time second baseman Jake Elmore's throw reached home, the Tampa Bay Rays' losing streak had stretched to seven games.
- Teixeira's double sparks Yanks to 3-2 walk-off win over Rays Updated: Jul-04-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira turned on a 94 mph fastball from Brad Boxberger and hit a sharp grounder between the diving bodies of James Loney, positioned just off first base, and second baseman Jake Elmore, about 15 feet from the foul line, in short right field.
- Rays bring up Teaford, send down Riefenhauser Updated: Jul-04-15 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - Wanting to have a long reliever in the bullpen after a pair of extra-inning games, the Tampa Bay Rays selected the contract of left-hander Everett Teaford from Durham of the Triple-A International League.
- Rays activate first baseman James Loney from DL Updated: Jul-03-15 6:36 pm
NEW YORK - The Tampa Bay Rays have activated first baseman James Loney from the 15-day disabled list and inserted him into the cleanup spot for their game against the New York Yankees.
- Rays acquire minor league pitcher from Braves Updated: Jul-03-15 1:29 am
- Aviles' 10th-inning homer gives Indians sweep of Rays Updated: Jul-02-15 5:54 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Cleveland Indians are feeling a little better about themselves.
- Indians' Carrasco loses no-hitter with 2 outs in 9th vs Rays Updated: Jul-01-15 9:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Carlos Carrasco of the Cleveland Indians has lost his no-hit bid with two outs in the ninth inning.
- Indians' Cody Anderson loses perfect game bid in 7th inning Updated: Jun-29-15 9:24 pm
ST. PETERSBUIRG, Florida - Tampa Bay's Grady Sizemore homered with one out in the seventh inning, ending Cody Anderson's bid to pitch a perfect game in his second career start for the Cleveland Indians.
- Ortiz, Sandoval and De Aza homer as Red Sox beat Rays 5-3 Updated: Jun-28-15 5:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - If there's a secret to Boston's success against Chris Archer, the Red Sox aren't eager to share it.
- Rays obtain 1B/OF Marc Krauss for minor league pitcher Updated: Jun-25-15 7:31 pm
- Estrada loses perfect game in 8th, Jays beat Rays 1-0 in 12 Updated: Jun-24-15 11:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marco Estrada made a run at history for the second consecutive start and came up just short again.
- Blue Jays' Estrada loses perfect game bid in 8th inning Updated: Jun-24-15 2:27 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Marco Estrada lost his bid for a perfect game with one out in the eighth inning when Tampa Bay's Logan Forsythe had an infield single.
- Bishop hits 4 BP homers before Rays game Updated: Jun-23-15 7:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop can hit the long ball, too.
- Rays shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera gets back equipment Updated: Jun-23-15 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Rays shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera has gotten his confiscated equipment back.
- Maddon, Friedman catch up before Cubs host Dodgers Updated: Jun-23-15 1:11 am
CHICAGO - A year ago, Joe Maddon and Andrew Friedman were in the middle of a miserable start for the Tampa Bay Rays. Fast forward to Monday night, and Maddon and Friedman were catching up in foul territory at Wrigley Field, and the Rays were in Florida.
- Rays' Cabrera tossed for arguing - loses bat and helmet, too Updated: Jun-22-15 9:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Rays shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera has been ejected for arguing a called third strike. Some of his equipment has gotten tossed, too.
- David Murphy hits sac fly in 9th, Indians edge Rays 1-0 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:36 pm
CLEVELAND - Roberto Perez will never be known for blazing speed, but his legs helped the Cleveland Indians to their first walk-off win of the season.
- Rays starter Ramirez leaves with groin injury Updated: Jun-20-15 8:44 pm
CLEVELAND - Tampa Bay Rays starter Erasmo Ramirez has left the game against the Cleveland Indians in the fourth inning with a strained right groin.
- Rays beat Nationals 5-3 as Harper leaves game Updated: Jun-19-15 12:35 am
WASHINGTON - While the crowd at Nationals Park was worried about the home team's star slugger Thursday night, the Tampa Bay Rays left town with a two-game sweep.
- Nationals OF Harper strains hamstring, exits in loss to Rays Updated: Jun-18-15 10:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals star Bryce Harper strained his left hamstring while taking an awkward tumble making a throw, and Washington lost to the Tampa Bay Rays 5-3 on Thursday night.
- Pitching In: Mop-up duty on mound for 6 position players Updated: Jun-18-15 5:30 am
Thanks to several blowouts in baseball the last two nights, a whopping six position players were summoned to the mound to save their bullpens during garbage time. Here's a look at how those hitters fared when asked to pitch in on mop-up duty:
- Rays swap starters before game against Nationals Updated: Jun-17-15 6:42 pm
- Ramos homers twice off position players, Nats rout Rays Updated: Jun-16-15 11:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Wilson Ramos had a most unique multihomer game.
- Rays' Longoria leaves game after getting hit on left wrist Updated: Jun-15-15 10:11 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Rays slugger Evan Longoria has a bruised left wrist after getting hit by a pitched ball.
- Scherzer throws 1-hitter and fans 16, Nationals beat Brewers Updated: Jun-14-15 6:57 pm
MILWAUKEE - The way Max Scherzer was pitching, the Milwaukee Brewers were going to need a bit of luck to even manage getting anyone on base.