- Gausman, Orioles defeat Rays 5-0 in opener of doubleheader Updated: Jun-25-16 4:01 pm
BALTIMORE - Kevin Gausman took a two-hitter into the eighth inning to earn his first win of the season, and the Baltimore Orioles extended Tampa Bay's losing streak to nine games with a 5-0 victory Saturday in the opener of a split doubleheader.
- Rays fade late, lose 8th straight 6-3 to Orioles Updated: Jun-24-16 11:55 pm
BALTIMORE - For a while, the Tampa Bay Rays appeared poised to end their miserable losing streak.
- Rays get Oswaldo Arcia from Twins to bolster ailing outfield Updated: Jun-24-16 5:53 pm
- Bauer, Kipnis lead Indians to 6-1 win over Rays Updated: Jun-22-16 10:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Trevor Bauer doesn't think going the distance should be rare for a starting pitcher.
- Rays place Pearce, Mahtook on disabled list Updated: Jun-21-16 6:20 pm
CLEVELAND - The Tampa Bay Rays have placed Steve Pearce and Mikie Mahtook on the 15-day disabled list after both players were injured in Monday night's 7-4 loss to Cleveland.
- Belt homers, Giants finish sweep of Rays to win 8th straight Updated: Jun-19-16 7:24 pm
- Colome gives up home run in 9th inning, Rays lose to Giants Updated: Jun-18-16 8:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Alex Colome didn't make any excuses.
- Name game: Sports teams wrestle with getting right nickname Updated: Jun-18-16 10:35 am
What's in a name? When it comes to a pro sports team, quite a bit.
- Lee drives in 3 runs, Mariners beat Rays 6-4 to avoid sweep Updated: Jun-16-16 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Seattle Mariners finally held onto a lead and won their series finale at Tampa Bay.
- Rays' Longoria out of lineup, Cobb ready for BP session Updated: Jun-16-16 12:37 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria is out of the lineup because of left forearm soreness.
- Rays sell out Pride Night game dedicated to Orlando victims Updated: Jun-15-16 8:08 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays say their Pride Night game on Friday, dedicated to the victims of last Sunday's mass shooting in Orlando, is sold out.
- Walker hurts foot in Mariners' 8-7 loss to Rays Updated: Jun-15-16 2:06 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Seattle Mariners may have gotten some good news on a night they blew a four-run lead.
- Rays beat Astros, dropping Keuchel to 3-9 Updated: Jun-12-16 5:47 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Dallas Keuchel has already lost more games than all of last season, when he won the AL's Cy Young Award. And with Sunday's 5-0 defeat against the Tampa Bay Rays, the left-hander became the first major league pitcher to drop nine games this season.
- Rays beat Astros 5-0, dropping Keuchel to 3-9 Updated: Jun-12-16 5:41 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Dallas Keuchel had only one bad inning Sunday. Matt Moore had none, and that was the difference in the Tampa Bay Rays' 5-0 win over the Houston Astros.
- Dickerson homers twice, Rays beat Arizona 6-3 Updated: Jun-08-16 8:20 pm
PHOENIX - Corey Dickerson was 1 for 17 in June, then came out of his slump Wednesday.
- Longoria's HR streak reaches 4 games to power Rays Updated: Jun-05-16 7:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Evan Longoria has rediscovered his power stroke.
- Dodgers cut ties with underperforming Carl Crawford Updated: Jun-05-16 4:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers cut ties with underperforming and oft-injured outfielder Carl Crawford on Sunday, designating the former All-Star for assignment.
- Rays place Guyer on 15-day DL, recall Franklin Updated: Jun-05-16 1:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Tampa Bay Rays placed outfielder Brandon Guyer on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday with a left hamstring strain, and recalled infielder Nick Franklin from Triple-A Durham.
- Twins scratch Gibson with stiff back, start Hughes vs. Rays Updated: Jun-02-16 5:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have delayed right-hander Kyle Gibson's return from the disabled list because of stiffness in his back, bringing Phil Hughes back from the bullpen before he ever pitched in relief.
- Royals top Rays 6-3 to complete 6-0 homestand Updated: Jun-02-16 12:03 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals will spend the next 11 days on the road after completing their best homestand in nearly three decades.
- Castro's 2-run homer only hit for Yanks in 2-1 win over Rays Updated: May-29-16 8:23 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - For the first time in a century the New York Yankees won a game with just one hit.
- Odorizzi loses no-hit bid on Castro's homer in 7th Updated: May-29-16 3:22 pm
- Mets find help at first base, get Loney in trade with Padres Updated: May-29-16 2:21 am
NEW YORK - The Mets found some help at first base following Lucas Duda's injury, acquiring veteran James Loney from the San Diego Padres for cash on Saturday.
- Marlins' Fernandez strikes out 12 Rays in sixth straight win Updated: May-26-16 6:09 pm