- Hydaburg man charged with assault with splitting maul Updated: May-26-16 11:50 am
HYDABURG, Alaska - A southeast Alaska man has been charged with felony assault after a dispute at a home in the village of Hydaburg.
- Seward resident charged with firing shots at man Updated: May-23-16 11:53 am
SEWARD, Alaska - A 38-year-old Seward man has been charged with attempted murder following a shooting Saturday morning at a remote site 60 miles north of the city.
- The Latest: Body identified as missing Gambell woman Updated: May-20-16 5:57 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on the death of a missing Gambell woman:
- Man dies while being sought for questioning in disappearance Updated: May-20-16 5:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man sought for questioning in the disappearance of a remote Bering Sea island woman killed himself before he could be questioned by Alaska State Troopers, authorities said Friday.
- Search to resume for Texas man missing at Alaska lake Updated: May-20-16 2:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A search was to resume Friday for an Air Force airman from Texas man missing on a kayaking trip at an Alaska lake.
- Boy suffers accidental gunshot wound while hunting near Tok Updated: May-19-16 11:35 am
TOK, Alaska - A boy is recovering from an accidental shooting near Tok (tohk).
- Juneau man held on murder charges in shooting at rural cabin Updated: May-17-16 4:23 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 53-year-old Juneau man has been charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of a man at a remote southeast Alaska cabin.
- Alaska man convicted of murder in death of 2 troopers Updated: May-16-16 8:24 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A rural Alaska man who shot two state troopers to death was convicted Monday of two counts of first-degree murder.
- Couple drowns while launching boat into Yukon River Updated: May-16-16 12:09 pm
MARSHALL, Alaska - A man and woman drowned Friday afternoon as they attempted to launch a boat into the Yukon River in the village of Marshall.
- Injured hiker rescued after 200-foot fall on Mount Juneau Updated: May-16-16 9:00 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - A hiker was rescued from Mount Juneau on Friday after he slipped near the peak and tumbled about 200 feet, suffering injuries to his head and shoulder area, authorities said.
- Jury hears closing arguments in Alaska troopers murder trial Updated: May-13-16 7:31 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Nathanial Kangas reacted impulsively when he shot and killed two Alaska State Troopers at his home in the village of Tanana, his attorney told jurors at Kangas' murder trial Friday.
- Oregon man fined for killing 2 Alaska bald eagles Updated: May-11-16 12:12 pm
DUTCH HARBOR, Alaska - An Oregon man has pleaded guilty to killing two bald eagles in the Aleutian Islands port of Dutch Harbor.
- Helicopter pilot killed in crash on Denver Glacier Updated: May-09-16 8:50 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Authorities say a helicopter pilot has died after crashing on the Denver Glacier in southeast Alaska.
- Suspected burglar points gun at Ketchikan homeowner Updated: May-04-16 11:51 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a Ketchikan man stopped for lunch at his home Monday and was confronted by a burglar stealing two of his rifles.
- Troopers release name of man killed in Parks Highway crash Updated: May-03-16 12:50 pm
CANTWELL, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers have released the name of a man killed last week in a traffic crash on the Parks Highway.
- Marten, chicken clash blamed for Ketchikan traffic crash Updated: May-02-16 12:22 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Alaska wildlife was a factor in a weekend traffic crash but this time it wasn't a moose, caribou or bear.
- Troopers investigate fundraising for girl who was not sick Updated: Apr-26-16 4:56 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - An online fundraising effort that took in $6,110 to pay medical expenses of a Fairbanks girl was taken down after the website creator said she learned the girl was not sick.
- Correction: Alaska-Bear Mauling story Updated: Apr-26-16 4:08 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - In stories April 20 and earlier about the mauling of a University of Alaska Southeast outdoors professor leading students in a mountaineering class, The Associated Press reported erroneously a student had to hike to a different area to get cell reception to call for help. Alaska State Troopers now say the student was seeking a satellite signal not cellphone reception.
- ATV crash leaves rider seriously injured; driver flees Updated: Apr-26-16 11:49 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers are looking for the driver of an all-terrain vehicle who fled after a weekend crash that left a person injured on a Fairbanks-area road.