- Russia, France agree to tighten cooperation against IS Updated: Nov-27-15 12:58 am
MOSCOW - The presidents of France and Russia agreed Thursday to tighten cooperation in the fight against the Islamic State group, although they remained at odds over their approach toward Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- Amid Syria's civil war, a James Bond-style rescue operation Updated: Nov-25-15 2:53 pm
BEIRUT - In the whirlwind of Syria's civil war, two Russian pilots parachuted from their aircraft into a chaotic front-line mountainous region near the border with Turkey after their aircraft was hit by a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace Updated: Nov-24-15 5:41 pm
MOSCOW - Turkey shot down a Russian warplane on Tuesday that it said ignored repeated warnings and crossed into its airspace from Syria, killing at least one of the two pilots in a long-feared escalation in tensions between Russia and NATO. Russian President Vladimir Putin denounced what he called a "stab in the back" and warned of "significant consequences."
- Australia leader talks down prospect of US-led army in Syria Updated: Nov-24-15 5:36 am
CANBERRA, Australia - There is no support among world leaders for the prospect of a U.S.-led army in Iraq and Syria to take back ground from Islamic State militants, Australia's prime minister said Tuesday.
- The Latest: UN rights chief rejects anti-migrant moves Updated: Nov-16-15 9:58 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news as hundreds of thousands make their way across Europe in search of safety and a better life. All times local.
- Despite Russian strikes, Syrian rebels hold ground Updated: Nov-06-15 11:18 am
REYHANLI, Turkey - Despite a month of heavy battering by Russian airstrikes, Syria's rebels have so far been able to fend off offensives by government forces trying to retake territory from the rebel's heartland. The fierce fighting shows how even greater backing from Syrian President Bashar Assad's international allies is not swiftly tipping the conflict in his favor.
- Kerry says US troops in Syria will only fight Islamic State Updated: Oct-31-15 8:38 am
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry says American special operations troops being sent to Syria will only fight Islamic State militants and won't become involved in the long-running civil war.