- Runner-up Sharks head into offseason with few glaring needs Updated: Jun-20-16 4:24 pm
SAN JOSE, California - When general manager Doug Wilson entered last offseason he had a long list of needs after the San Jose Sharks missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003.
- Sharks deal with sudden end to season after Cup final loss Updated: Jun-13-16 5:36 pm
ALAMEDA, California - After a two-month playoff run that changed the perception of the star players and a team that had been known for playoff letdowns, the reality of falling two wins short of the ultimate goal of winning the Stanley Cup hit the San Jose Sharks.
- Cup winners again, Penguins have shot at lengthy run at top Updated: Jun-13-16 3:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - When the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup in 2009, a dynasty appeared to be in the offing. It didn't quite work out that way. Injuries and inconsistent postseason play sent the franchise into a full-fledged identity crisis.
- Penguins beat Sharks 3-1 for 4th Stanley Cup title Updated: Jun-13-16 12:50 am
SAN JOSE, California - Sidney Crosby let out a scream as he lifted the Stanley Cup above his head, a wide smile spread across his face.
- Sid the Kid wins his 1st Conn Smythe trophy for Penguins Updated: Jun-13-16 12:32 am
SAN JOSE, California - Sidney Crosby has filled about the only hole left on his impressive resume.
- Penguins fans take to streets to celebrate Stanley Cup win Updated: Jun-13-16 12:31 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins fans have taken to the streets to celebrate their team's Stanley Cup victory.
- The Latest: Crosby hands Cup to injured D Trevor Daley Updated: Jun-12-16 11:13 pm
- Murray's confidence hardly shaken by Game 5 setback Updated: Jun-10-16 5:19 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray's slender frame has spent the last two months seemingly impervious to the increasingly massive weight on his shoulders.
- Penguins miss out on opportunity to win Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-10-16 12:45 am
- Pittsburgh rounding up couches, other 'fuel,' for Pens game Updated: Jun-08-16 3:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - If you're a Pittsburgher wondering where the couch on your front porch went, wonder no more.
- Sullivan pushing all the right buttons for Penguins Updated: Jun-07-16 3:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - There is no magic button, even if the correlation between Mike Sullivan's deft attempts to a get player's attention and that player almost immediately elevating his game is unmistakable.
- Sharks face daunting task down 3-1 in Stanley Cup final Updated: Jun-07-16 3:11 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The task facing the San Jose Sharks is daunting: No team in nearly three quarters of a century has rallied from a 3-1 deficit to win the Stanley Cup Final.
- Pittsburgh street gets first name to honor Penguins' goalie Updated: Jun-07-16 2:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh City Council has married itself to the fortunes of the city's National Hockey League franchise by adding a first name to one of the city's busiest streets.
- Sharks F Tomas Hertl to miss Game 3 with lower-body injury Updated: Jun-04-16 2:33 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks will be without top-line forward Tomas Hertl for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final.
- Sharks C Logan Couture: 'Everyone cheats on faceoffs' Updated: Jun-03-16 5:27 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose center Logan Couture says Sidney Crosby isn't the only player cheating in faceoffs in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Cops: 2 men tried to sell bogus Stanley Cup Final tickets Updated: Jun-03-16 10:05 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say two Massachusetts men printed up bogus Stanley Cup Final tickets and tried to sell them outside the Penguins arena.
- Glory Days: Bay Area plays host to NBA Finals, Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-02-16 2:27 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry and LeBron James dueling on the court in the NBA Finals as the Golden State Warriors look to cap a record-breaking season with a second straight title. Joe Thornton and Sidney Crosby matching up on the ice as the San Jose Sharks look to win the Stanley Cup for the first time ever.
- Sharks better, but still fall to Penguins in Game 2 Updated: Jun-02-16 1:24 am
PITTSBURGH - The San Jose Sharks thought they improved from Game 1 to Game 2 in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Penguins edge Sharks 2-1, take 2-0 lead in Stanley Cup Final Updated: Jun-02-16 12:59 am
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby enters the faceoff circle with a plan every time, well aware it will almost certainly evaporate once the puck smacks the ice.
- Blues sign Hitchcock to 1-year deal, will be his last Updated: May-31-16 6:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ken Hitchcock has another one-year deal to coach the St. Louis Blues. The 64-year-old says this one will be his last.
- Stanley Cup Final turns into reunion for Sharks' Paul Martin Updated: May-30-16 2:15 am
SAN JOSE, California - Back when the playoffs started nearly seven weeks ago, San Jose Sharks defenseman Paul Martin wondered what it would be like to play his old teammates in Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Stanley Cup Capsule Updated: May-29-16 6:46 pm
- Offseason moves send Sharks to final after missing playoffs Updated: May-28-16 3:56 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After watching the San Jose Sharks miss the playoffs for the first time in more than a decade, general manager Doug Wilson set out to remake the team last offseason.
- Sharks stars Thornton, Marleau finally reach 1st Cup final Updated: May-27-16 5:30 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau have been linked ever since they went one-two in the 1997 NHL draft to Boston and San Jose.