- Police: Man killed in Virginia standoff threatened suicide Updated: Apr-27-16 4:36 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who was fatally shot by snipers during a standoff last week said he was going to kill himself, threatened to kill police officers and fired eight rifle shots at an armored police vehicle, authorities said.
- Police identify woman who died in Buchanan County house fire Updated: Apr-26-16 5:23 pm
GRUNDY, Virginia - Virginia State Police have identified a woman who was found dead after a house fire in Buchanan County.
- Police: Virginia man killed after he fired at officers Updated: Apr-26-16 11:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Authorities are identifying a man fatally shot by Norfolk police after they say he fired at officers.
- Police: Man chokes Uber driver on I-95 in Chesterfield Updated: Apr-26-16 11:03 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Massachusetts man is behind bars in Virginia after police say he choked an Uber driver on Interstate 95 in Chesterfield.
- Man shot by deputy charged with shooting into VFW hall Updated: Apr-26-16 10:34 am
HALIFAX, Virginia - Authorities have charged a man they say shot at a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall in Virginia, injuring four people, and was then shot by a sheriff's deputy.
- Man accused of stealing slain trooper's donation jar Updated: Apr-25-16 10:21 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - Authorities have arrested a man in connection with the theft of a donations jar intended for the family of a slain Virginia State Trooper.
- The Latest: Troopers preliminarily ID body as missing woman Updated: Apr-21-16 10:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on the search for a missing firefighter in Shenandoah National Park (all times local):
- Police search for missing woman at Shenandoah National Park Updated: Apr-18-16 11:53 am
FAIRFAX, Virginia - Virginia State Police are resuming the search for a woman who was reported missing and whose car was found abandoned in a parking lot in the Shenandoah National Park.
- 2 dead after tractor trailer, sedan collide in Parksley Updated: Apr-17-16 12:29 pm
PARKSLEY, Virginia - The Virginia State Police says two people are dead after a tractor trailer and sedan collided in Parksley.
- Spilled milk: Truck hauling 4,600 gallons of milk overturns Updated: Apr-11-16 6:37 pm
GLEN ALLEN, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a tractor-trailer carrying 4,600 gallons of milk overturned and spilled some of its load in the Richmond area.
- Tractor trailer hauling 4,600 gallons of milk falls over Updated: Apr-11-16 4:18 pm
GLEN ALLEN, Virginia - Virginia State Police might say "don't have a cow, man" because a tractor trailer carrying 4,600 gallons of milk fell over and spilled some of its load in Henrico County.
- Police probe 'suspicious death' of woman found in ditch Updated: Apr-06-16 7:37 am
CLINCHPORT, Virginia - Authorities say a woman's death is being treated as suspicious after she was found lying in a ditch and later died.
- Funeral held for Virginia trooper slain at bus station Updated: Apr-05-16 3:03 pm
HAMPTON, Virginia - Virginia State Trooper Chad Dermyer's intuition told him something was wrong when he pulled a woman over last year for expired license plates. Authorities say it turned out that the remains of her long-missing son were hidden in the trunk.
- The Latest: Slain trooper remembered as devoted family man Updated: Apr-05-16 11:42 am
HAMPTON, Virginia - The Latest on the funeral for a Virginia state trooper who was killed by a gunman at a Richmond bus station (all times local):
- Gunman said he'd die to stay out of jail, ex-girlfriend says Updated: Apr-02-16 11:41 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - An ex-girlfriend of the gunman at a Virginia bus station said Friday he frequently expressed his hatred toward police and once nearly choked her to death after she broke up with him.
- The Latest: Supporters of slain trooper gather for vigil Updated: Apr-01-16 6:52 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on the fatal shooting of a state trooper and gunman at a busy Virginia bus station (all times local):
- Virginia trooper killed at bus station mourned in Michigan Updated: Apr-01-16 8:05 am
JACKSON, Michigan - A Virginia state trooper who was fatally shot at a busy bus terminal in the capital city of Richmond is being mourned in Michigan, where he grew up and formerly served as a police officer.
- State police investigating failed Appomattox project Updated: Mar-30-16 9:00 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Virginia State Police have opened a criminal investigation into a Chinese company's failed Appomattox factory project that received $1.4 million in taxpayer funds.