- Police: Man shot by officers charged with burglary, assault Updated: May-19-16 9:43 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - Police say a man shot by officers he confronted with a gun during a break-in check at a southwestern Virginia home is facing charges.
- 5-month-old girl dies in car fire on Interstate 264 Updated: May-17-16 7:03 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A 5-month-old girl has died in a car fire on Interstate 264 in Virginia Beach.
- Police: no charges in officer-related fatal shooting Updated: May-16-16 4:14 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a Fredericksburg police officer who fatally shot a white man earlier this year will not face charges.
- Former Va. sheriff faces illegal taping, embezzlement counts Updated: May-13-16 10:16 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A former Virginia sheriff is charged with embezzlement and aiding in the illegal video recording of another person.
- 1 man killed, 1 injured after being struck by car Updated: May-10-16 11:02 am
ACCOMAC, Virginia - Authorities say one man was killed and another was injured after being struck by a car in Accomack County.
- Police identify 2 men killed in tractor trailer-sedan car Updated: May-09-16 6:46 pm
PARKSLEY, Virginia - Virginia State Police have identified two people who were killed when a tractor trailer and car collided in Accomack County.
- Sherriff's Office: Missing 3-year-old boy found safe Updated: May-05-16 1:52 pm
SPOTSYLVANIA, Virginia - Authorities say a 3-year-old Virginia boy taken by his father has been found safe.
- Police: Driver dies after wrong-way crash on Capital Beltway Updated: May-02-16 12:31 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Virginia State Police say one person is dead after a wrong-way crash on the Capital Beltway.
- Motorcyclist dead after crash with car in Lee County Updated: Apr-30-16 4:11 pm
JONESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a motorcyclist is dead after crashing with a car in Lee County.
- Richmond's top prosecutor clears State Police in shooting Updated: Apr-30-16 2:08 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond's top prosecutor has cleared the Virginia State Police of any wrongdoing in a shooting at the Greyhound station in Richmond in which a trooper and the man who shot him died.
- Police: Man killed in Virginia standoff threatened suicide Updated: Apr-27-16 4:36 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who was fatally shot by snipers during a standoff last week said he was going to kill himself, threatened to kill police officers and fired eight rifle shots at an armored police vehicle, authorities said.
- Police identify woman who died in Buchanan County house fire Updated: Apr-26-16 5:23 pm
GRUNDY, Virginia - Virginia State Police have identified a woman who was found dead after a house fire in Buchanan County.
- Police: Virginia man killed after he fired at officers Updated: Apr-26-16 11:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Authorities are identifying a man fatally shot by Norfolk police after they say he fired at officers.
- Police: Man chokes Uber driver on I-95 in Chesterfield Updated: Apr-26-16 11:03 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Massachusetts man is behind bars in Virginia after police say he choked an Uber driver on Interstate 95 in Chesterfield.
- Man shot by deputy charged with shooting into VFW hall Updated: Apr-26-16 10:34 am
HALIFAX, Virginia - Authorities have charged a man they say shot at a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall in Virginia, injuring four people, and was then shot by a sheriff's deputy.
- Man accused of stealing slain trooper's donation jar Updated: Apr-25-16 10:21 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - Authorities have arrested a man in connection with the theft of a donations jar intended for the family of a slain Virginia State Trooper.