- Raiders sign free agent LB Lorenzo Alexander Updated: Sep-02-15 5:33 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent linebacker Lorenzo Alexander.
- Raiders to go with Howard at right tackle Updated: Sep-01-15 9:03 pm
ALAMEDA, California - With less than two weeks before the Oakland Raiders' season-opener, Austin Howard doesn't have much time to ease into his role as the team's starting right tackle.
- Chargers run game still struggling despite offseason moves Updated: Sep-01-15 7:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Chargers were determined to fix their woeful running game this offseason.
- McFadden on board if Dallas replaces Murray by committee Updated: Sep-01-15 6:24 pm
IRVING, Texas - Darren McFadden wants to be one of the replacements for NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray.
- Chiefs tight end Kelce out with ankle injury Updated: Sep-01-15 5:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Tight end Travis Kelce will miss the Chiefs' preseason finale Thursday night against St. Louis after spraining his ankle in practice earlier this week.
- Montee Ball fighting for roster spot with Broncos Updated: Sep-01-15 3:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Montee Ball predicted in the spring that he'd unseat Pro Bowler C.J. Anderson as the Denver Broncos' starting running back.
- Chiefs expect waived players to be snapped up for first time Updated: Aug-31-15 8:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first year that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were in charge of the Chiefs, they were so short of quality depth that they snapped up seven players on waivers.
- Chargers QB Philip Rivers limited in practice on Monday Updated: Aug-31-15 5:47 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers was a limited participant in practice Monday, two days after heading into the locker room early after hitting his throwing hand on a defender late in the second quarter of the Chargers' preseason game against the Seahawks.
- Broncos trade tackle Chris Clark to Houston Updated: Aug-31-15 5:27 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Chris Clark is joining the superstar he couldn't beat.
- Louisville's Petrino seeks strong follow-up to 9-4 debut Updated: Aug-31-15 5:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Bobby Petrino has some wins in hand entering his second season as Louisville's coach even before his Cardinals open Saturday against No. 6 Auburn in Atlanta.
- Broncos trade Clark, cut Walker, Stewart Updated: Aug-31-15 11:32 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos traded offensive tackle Chris Clark to Houston on Monday, released veteran linebacker Reggie Walker and placed rookie tight end Jeff Hauerman on injured reserved.
- Starting offenses struggle, Cardinals beat Raiders 30-23 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though Carson Palmer spent much of the first half on his back and running from the Oakland defense, Arizona coach Bruce Arians is not concerned about his offensive line.
- Tomsula: LB Brooks won't return to 49ers practice this week Updated: Aug-30-15 8:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks will not practice this coming week with the San Francisco 49ers, who sent him away from the team after he was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery Wednesday.
- Denver's defense carrying the load while offense struggles Updated: Aug-30-15 6:56 pm
DENVER - His two Pro Bowl receivers haven't been together on the field with him all offseason. He hasn't found the end zone all month. And he's coming off his first three-sack outing since mid-2013.
- Penalties keep piling up for Rams Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Penalties remain an issue for the St. Louis Rams as the opener looms. They're 0-3 in the preseason after hurting themselves yet again.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin building rapport Updated: Aug-30-15 12:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Smith was familiar with Jeremy Maclin long before the wide receiver signed with Kansas City, first catching him on television and then studying him on film with the Eagles.
- Chiefs settle on long snapper, waive 11 players Updated: Aug-30-15 11:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs have selected James Winchester to serve as their long snapper, waiving Andrew East and 10 others Sunday as they pare down to the 75-man roster limit by Tuesday afternoon.
- Manning on the run in Denver's 19-12 win over 49ers Updated: Aug-30-15 1:43 am
DENVER - Sure, Peyton Manning said, he'd like to have played more this summer - and better.
- Hauschka kicks 60-yard field goal to give Seahawks 16-15 win Updated: Aug-30-15 12:50 am
SAN DIEGO - Facing a 60-yard field goal attempt on a steamy evening with 16 seconds left and his Seattle Seahawks trailing by two, Steven Hauschka's mindset was to just swing away.
- Aaron Murray gets chance to shine in Chiefs preseason game Updated: Aug-29-15 7:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The nerves were obvious when the Chiefs' Aaron Murray rolled to his left late in the first half Friday night, looked downfield and threw a perfect pass - right to a Tennessee defender.
- Playing 2nd game in 6 days, Titans played like 'tired' team Updated: Aug-29-15 6:36 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota keeps showing he can shake off a rough start.
- Raiders waive second-year safety Jonathan Dowling Updated: Aug-29-15 4:51 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have waived safety Jonathan Dowling, making the move a day before their third preseason game.
- Smith sharp as Chiefs rout Titans 34-10 in preseason game Updated: Aug-28-15 11:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs' Alex Smith knows exactly how much weight Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota feels as the first-round pick tries to turn around the fortunes of Tennessee.
- Chiefs lose Wilson, Titans lose Searcy in preseason game Updated: Aug-28-15 8:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs wide receiver Albert Wilson and Titans safety Da'Norris Searcy were banged-up in the opening quarter of Friday night's preseason game.
- Raiders still seeking to identify backup running back Updated: Aug-28-15 4:33 pm
ALAMEDA, California - With a starting running back that hasn't had more than 100 carries in a season since entering the NFL, the Oakland Raiders know they will likely have to count on some of their backups to generate a consistent running game this season.