- Longtime Chiefs executive Steadman dies at 86 Updated: Jul-05-15 7:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Longtime Chiefs executive Jack Steadman, who spent more than four decades with the franchise and helped build its only Super Bowl team, died early Sunday. He was 86.
- Gates, Richardson, McClain each get 4-game NFL suspensions Updated: Jul-02-15 7:21 pm
Three-time All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates of San Diego will be suspended the first four games of the 2015 season along with New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson and Dallas linebacker Rolando McClain for violating NFL drug policies.
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended 4 games Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - Antonio Gates' squeaky-clean image took a big hit Thursday when the San Diego Chargers' star tight end was suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2015 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- Pom-pom pay: California bill gives cheerleaders minimum wage Updated: Jul-01-15 4:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - They boost their teams from the sidelines and promote them by appearing in calendars and at fan events, but some sports cheerleaders say they are still not considered team employees and are paid what amounts to less than minimum wage.
- Financing plan for stadium called a lousy deal for Raiders Updated: Jun-28-15 1:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - Finance experts say a long-awaited plan for a new Raiders stadium is a lousy deal for the team and will make a potential return to Los Angeles even more attractive.
- Raiders sign 2nd-round pick Mario Edwards Jr. Updated: Jun-19-15 6:44 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed second-round pick defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. to a rookie contract.
- Chiefs head toward July with stable coaching staff, QB Updated: Jun-19-15 10:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - With minicamp over, the Chiefs are set to experience two major firsts when the team reports for training camp in late July.
- Ravens to stay on West Coast after facing Broncos, 49ers Updated: Jun-18-15 3:00 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - The Baltimore Ravens will be staying out west during the regular season after playing in Denver and San Francisco.
- Talks falter for new Chargers stadium in San Diego Updated: Jun-17-15 7:45 pm
SAN DIEGO - Mayor Kevin Faulconer on Wednesday questioned whether the Chargers were serious about staying in San Diego as the strained relationship between the city and the NFL team hit a new low amid negotiations over a new stadium.
- Weddle works with Chargers while statements linger Updated: Jun-17-15 6:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers coach Mike McCoy is focusing on the future and not All-Pro safety Eric Weddle.
- Trevathan, Marshall aim to be back for training camp Updated: Jun-17-15 5:57 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Denver Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan is guaranteeing he won't re-injure the left kneecap that gave him so much trouble last season.
- Chargers reject San Diego election on new stadium Updated: Jun-16-15 9:55 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Chargers on Tuesday shot down Mayor Kevin Faulconer's trial balloon to hold a citywide election this year on financing for a new stadium, dealing a blow to the city's efforts to stop the team from moving to Los Angeles.
- Raiders sign 3rd round TE Clive Walford Updated: Jun-16-15 6:21 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed third-round pick tight end Clive Walford.
- Chiefs release WR Da'Rick Rogers ahead of minicamp Updated: Jun-16-15 3:46 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs released wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers and offensive lineman Kelvin Palmer and signed offensive lineman Tavon Rooks before the start of their mandatory minicamp Tuesday.
- Owen Daniels came for Kubiak, Manning, finds paradise Updated: Jun-15-15 7:08 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - For Owen Daniels, this is heaven.
- Chiefs preparing without Houston during mandatory minicamp Updated: Jun-15-15 6:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The videos that Justin Houston has been posting on social media of his workouts this offseason, and the absurd amount of weights he's been lifting, should help set Chiefs coach Andy Reid at ease.
- Chiefs wrap up OTAs, head to minicamp Updated: Jun-12-15 6:09 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Andy Reid wrapped up his third organized team activities Friday since becoming the Chiefs head coach in 2013.
- Chargers retiring LaDainian Tomlinson's No. 21 Updated: Jun-11-15 7:20 pm
SAN DIEGO - No one will wear No. 21 for the San Diego Chargers again.
- Shane Ray turns Broncos' pass-rushing duo into a trio Updated: Jun-11-15 6:31 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - When a state trooper found weed in his car just four days before the NFL draft, Shane Ray knew he hadn't helped himself.
- Murray looks to build on late-season success for Raiders Updated: Jun-11-15 4:30 pm
- Raiders plan to give young cornerbacks a chance Updated: Jun-10-15 5:36 pm
ALAMEDA, California - When the Oakland Raiders began overhauling their team after another dismal season, one position noticeably didn't get much help.
- Raiders QB Derek Carr returns to practice from finger injury Updated: Jun-09-15 7:22 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Ever since he was big enough to throw a football, Derek Carr has done just that any chance he could get.
- Demaryius Thomas absent from mandatory Broncos minicamp Updated: Jun-09-15 6:35 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning drifted back on one of his opening snaps at minicamp and immediately glanced toward his left. No Demaryius Thomas.
- Jeremy Maclin leads new-look Chiefs wide receiver corps Updated: Jun-09-15 11:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When David Culley first got to know Jeremy Maclin, the young wide receiver was just another rookie fresh out of Missouri trying to learn his way in the pressure-cooker NFL.
- No Eric Weddle at Chargers practice again Updated: Jun-08-15 5:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Another Chargers practice, another day without Eric Weddle.