- Former lawmaker, longtime horseman Fred Bradley dies Updated: May-21-16 2:00 pm
Fred Bradley, a former Kentucky lawmaker and longtime thoroughbred breeder whose stakes winners included champion female sprinter Groupie Doll, has died. He was 85.
- 2 longtime lawmakers unseated in Kentucky primary Updated: May-17-16 10:58 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Longtime state lawmakers Tom Riner and Ron Crimm were unseated by primary election challengers Tuesday as Democrats and Republicans set their slates for the next round of their political slugfest for control of the Kentucky House of Representatives.
- Full slates of legislative candidates to be set Tuesday Updated: May-13-16 12:28 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Cluster Howard won by the slimmest of margins in 2014, ousting a freshman Republican House member by a mere 14 votes. Now Republicans are aiming to make him a one-and-done lawmaker in their ongoing quest to consolidate power in Kentucky's Capitol.
- The Latest: Bevin calls Stumbo's lawsuit a 'charade' Updated: May-11-16 4:39 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Latest on Democratic Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo's lawsuit against Republican Gov. Matt Bevin (all times local):
- Stumbo to discuss 'new litigation' on Wednesday Updated: May-11-16 12:06 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Democratic speaker of the Kentucky House of Representatives has called a news conference to discuss "new litigation," his spokesman said.
- Democrats facing tough odds in Kentucky Senate race Updated: May-10-16 1:58 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - With Democrats' dominance in state politics long vanished, the party is looking to rebound from two straight lopsided defeats, but they're confronted with another daunting task: toppling incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Rand Paul.