- Highway getting new bridge over flood-prone wash near Yuma Updated: Feb-09-16 4:55 am
- US Army study: Iraq's Mosul dam at 'higher risk' of failure Updated: Feb-09-16 3:30 am
BAGHDAD - The US Army Corps of Engineers say they have identified "signs of distress" at Mosul dam, indicating that it is at "significantly higher risk of failure" than previously understood.
- Feds: Army deserter who supported IS faces gun charges Updated: Feb-08-16 6:37 pm
SEATTLE - An Army deserter from Washington state who called Osama bin Laden "a beautiful man," made statements supporting the Islamic State group and called for the death of American troops has been charged with illegally possessing firearms, including machine guns, federal prosecutors said Monday.
- Man convicted of murder in 2013 slaying of veteran Updated: Feb-08-16 8:38 am
WOBURN, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man has been found guilty of murder in the 2013 slaying of a 27-year-old U.S. Army veteran.
- Loyola (Md.) beats Army in double OT 100-99 Updated: Feb-06-16 4:13 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Andre Walker scored a career-high 31 points, including the winning free throws with four seconds left, and Loyola-Maryland defeated Army 100-99 in double overtime Saturday.
- Corps: Missouri River reservoirs ready for runoff season Updated: Feb-06-16 1:06 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers says the Missouri River mainstem reservoirs are ready for this year's runoff season.
- Vancouver doctor is Olympics bound Updated: Feb-06-16 2:06 am
VANCOUVER, Washington - Several years ago, Dr. Kevin deWeber decided to dream big. And in the world of sports medicine, nothing is bigger than the Olympics.
- Senators decry decision downsizing Pope Field planes Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's senators are decrying a decision that will leave Fort Bragg without any C-130s permanently based at the Army base.
- Rock Island Arsenal Museum to reduce collection, operations Updated: Feb-05-16 4:59 pm
ROCK ISLAND, Illinois - About 3,200 artifacts will be removed from the Rock Island Arsenal Museum's collection amid an upcoming reduction in staff.
- General says troop cuts constrain Afghan training mission Updated: Feb-04-16 6:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The ability to train and advise the still green Afghan security forces will be constrained if the U.S. troop level is cut to 5,500 as President Barack Obama has proposed, the senior American commander in Afghanistan said on Thursday.
- Judge orders US agency to pay Yakama Nation for cleanup Updated: Feb-04-16 2:06 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has been ordered to pay the Yakama Nation for costs related to cleaning up a contaminated island in Washington's Columbia River.
- Crews to begin lifting sunken tugboat from Gastineau Channel Updated: Feb-04-16 7:23 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Coast Guard officials say work to remove a 96-foot tugboat from the Gastineau Channel has started nearly five months after the former World War II Army vehicle plunged beneath the waters.
- Fort Sill to trim civilian jobs, some military positions Updated: Feb-03-16 4:51 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The U.S. Army artillery post in southwest Oklahoma is expected to trim civilian jobs and some military positions but still have a net gain of more than 400 active-duty military personnel by the end of next year.
- Senate bill to shift oversight of nuclear waste in landfill Updated: Feb-03-16 12:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. Senate has passed a bill that could transfer oversight of a St. Louis County landfill containing nuclear waste to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and away from the jurisdiction of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- VA medical center in Ohio honors 4 WWII chaplains Updated: Feb-03-16 7:33 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A public memorial service in southwest Ohio is honoring four U.S. Army chaplains who died while helping other soldiers in World War II.
- Kelly's 15 points leads Navy over Army 64-50 Updated: Feb-01-16 9:50 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Will Kelly scored 15 points with 10 rebounds to lead Navy over Army 64-50 on Monday night.
- Boston U muscles way past Army 76-67 Updated: Jan-27-16 9:48 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Cheddi Mosely scored 23 points and Nathan Dieudonne had 17 points and a career-high 18 rebounds to lead Boston University past Army 76-67 Wednesday night.
- JBLM rocket battalion heading back to Iraq Updated: Jan-27-16 8:35 am
TACOMA, Washington - Joint Base Lewis-McChord is preparing to send one of its artillery units to Iraq and Kuwait to help fight the Islamic State group.
- Iraq's military is still struggling despite US training Updated: Jan-26-16 2:03 pm
BASMAYA, Iraq - Iraq's 72nd Brigade was slowly moving through a live-fire exercise recently under the watchful eyes of U.S., Spanish and British coalition trainers when things began to go wrong.
- Contractor working to put Jeeps back on battlefield Updated: Jan-25-16 9:24 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A North Carolina defense contractor's project could land Jeeps back on the battlefield as the U.S. Army looks for inexpensive, lightweight, unarmored vehicles that can be flown into remote locations.
- Minato leads Army to 75-38 win over Navy Updated: Jan-23-16 5:54 pm
NEW YORK - Kelsey Minato made the most of her first game at Madison Square Garden.
- Remains of Vietnam War soldier buried in southern Illinois Updated: Jan-21-16 10:06 pm
ALBION, Illinois - A staff sergeant from Illinois who served in the U.S. Army and was killed during a mission in Vietnam has been laid to rest next to his parents 46 years after his death.
- Army nominee says he doesn't support demoting Gen. Petraeus Updated: Jan-21-16 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's nominee to be the Army's top civilian official said Thursday he doesn't support demoting retired Gen. David Petraeus and believes that no further action should be taken against the former CIA director.
- Army secretary nominee worried about cuts to Army's size Updated: Jan-21-16 11:34 am
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's nominee to be the Army's top civilian official said Thursday he is worried about plans to reduce the Army's size to about 450,000 active-duty troops.
- Only on AP: Islamic State razing of Iraq monastery condemned Updated: Jan-20-16 10:11 pm
IRBIL, Iraq - The Obama Administration and the Vatican condemned the Islamic State group Wednesday for razing Iraq's oldest Christian monastery, a 1400-year-old structure that survived assaults by nature and man for centuries before it was deliberately destroyed by extremists.