- Giants get RH Mike Leake from Reds for another playoff run Updated: Jul-31-15 1:57 am
CINCINNATI - After whiffing on Cole Hamels, the San Francisco Giants got starter Mike Leake from the Cincinnati Reds for a pair of prospects on Thursday night.
- Five-run inning lifts Giants past Brewers Updated: Jul-29-15 8:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A day after making a wild throw from the outfield, Hunter Pence certainly wasn't surprised to see the Milwaukee Brewers try to test his arm again.
- Giants miss chance to move into first place in NL West Updated: Jul-29-15 1:53 am
- Aoki returns from disabled list to face former Brewers team Updated: Jul-27-15 10:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Giants activated left fielder Nori Aoki from the 15-day disabled list Monday in time for him to return against the Milwaukee Brewers, who made a late scratch of right fielder Ryan Braun because of lower back tightness.
- Hudson beats his former A's, now has W against all 30 teams Updated: Jul-26-15 8:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Hudson knows almost nobody around the ever-changing Oakland Athletics anymore. That didn't make defeating his former team for the first time any less sweet.
- Belt, Posey gang up on Padres' pen in 7-1 Giants win Updated: Jul-22-15 8:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - Matt Cain knows he doesn't have time to settle in after returning to the San Francisco Giants following a long layoff.
- Feds end prosecution of Barry Bonds without conviction Updated: Jul-21-15 8:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - After a nearly decade-long steroids prosecution, Barry Bonds emerged victorious Tuesday when federal prosecutors dropped what was left of their criminal case against the career home runs leader.
- Lincecum has cortisone shots for degenerative hip condition Updated: Jul-20-15 9:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy says right-hander Tim Lincecum has received cortisone shots in both hips to treat a degenerative condition.
- Maxwell hits HR, Pence has key hit as Giants beat D-backs Updated: Jul-19-15 8:45 pm
PHOENIX - Even with his bullpen overworked the previous two days, Giants manager Bruce Bochy decided that there was no point in pushing ace Madison Bumgarner beyond five innings and 93 pitches on Sunday.
- Shortstop Everth Cabrera signs minor league deal with Giants Updated: Jul-16-15 6:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Shortstop Everth Cabrera has signed a minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants.
- Phillies fall 4-2 to Giants, set new low before break Updated: Jul-12-15 7:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Philadelphia Phillies were in quite a rush to get out of San Francisco on Sunday after completing the worst first half in franchise history.
- Susac, Heston help Giants beat Phillies 4-2, complete sweep Updated: Jul-12-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants, after being hampered by injuries and inconsistencies for months, are suddenly looking awfully healthy heading into the All-Star break.
- DeGrom pitches 8 shutout innings, Mets beat Giants 4-1 Updated: Jul-08-15 6:42 pm
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- Bochy, Vogelsong ejected in fifth inning against Nationals Updated: Jul-05-15 10:15 pm
WASHINGTON - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy and starting pitcher Ryan Vogelsong were ejected by plate umpire Phil Cuzzi in the fifth inning Sunday night after complaining about the strike zone.
- Pirates claim Travis Ishikawa off waivers Updated: Jul-05-15 3:18 pm
- Fernandez homers in comeback to help Miami beat Giants, 5-4 Updated: Jul-02-15 6:00 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez's comeback required a comeback.
- Giants' Posey leaves game after taking foul ball off mask Updated: Jul-01-15 11:14 pm
MIAMI - San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey left Wednesday's game against the Marlins as a precaution after taking a foul ball off his mask, and said he avoided serious injury.
- Marlins' Jose Fernandez returns following 13-month layoff Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez says his long layoff was a life lesson, even if it was lousy for his career.