- Pomeranz throws 7 spotless innings but Padres lose 1-0 Updated: May-24-16 2:34 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Drew Pomeranz pitched seven shutout innings and still couldn't win. That's because he was matched against Johnny Cueto, who has allowed one run in his last 34 innings and tossed two shutouts against San Diego this season.
- Pence's bloop double in 9th lifts Giants past Padres 1-0 Updated: May-24-16 2:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Hunter Pence shook off the nagging pain in his tender right hamstring long enough to hit a fly ball to short right field that even some of his Giants teammates thought would be caught.
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-23-16 12:30 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants aren't lighting up the scoreboard, but they're doing enough to keep piling up the wins.
- Cubs RF Jason Heyward out 3-5 games with side bruise Updated: May-21-16 6:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Chicago Cubs right fielder Jason Heyward will miss three to five games with a bruise on his right side near his ribs.
- Giants shut down by Arrieta in 8-1 loss to Cubs Updated: May-21-16 3:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants couldn't get anything going against Jake Arrieta. Then again, no team has in the regular season since last July.
- Cubs' Heyward leaves with apparent abdominal injury Updated: May-20-16 11:40 pm
- Tim Lincecum signs $2.5 million, 1-year deal with Angels Updated: May-20-16 8:24 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ravaged by injuries, the Los Angeles Angels are taking a chance on Tim Lincecum, the two-time NL Cy Young Award winner who is coming off major hip surgery and looking to regain his career.
- Longtime Giants third baseman Jim Ray Hart dies at 74 Updated: May-20-16 6:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Longtime San Francisco Giants third baseman Jim Ray Hart has died. He was 74.
- Samardzija pitches Giants to 8th straight win, 3-1 vs Padres Updated: May-20-16 1:15 am
SAN DIEGO - Bruce Bochy met Jeff Samardzija as the big right-hander came into the dugout after the eighth inning and told him he was done for the night.
- Bochy challenges for final out, Giants beat Dbacks for sweep Updated: May-15-16 9:23 pm
PHOENIX - Bruce Bochy challenged the umpire's call on the final play of the game.
- Not all postgame celebrations go as smoothly as Big Papi's Updated: May-14-16 9:30 pm
David Ortiz got off easy.
- Jays' Stroman goes from the mound to graduation ceremony Updated: May-11-16 9:52 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Given a choice, Marcus Stroman would have preferred to stay in school instead of signing a professional baseball contract following his junior year at Duke University in 2012.
- Posey walks in winner in 13th, Giants beat Blue Jays 5-4 Updated: May-11-16 9:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Buster Posey might have just been a little weary after catching his second 13-inning game in five days. After struggling the past few games, he took the walk.
- Cain's quality start wasted in Giants' 4-0 loss to Blue Jays Updated: May-11-16 2:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Matt Cain does not have a win since last July, though he remains confident in his stuff.
- Arenado helps Rockies beat Giants 2-0 Updated: May-08-16 8:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Nolan Arenado powered the Colorado Rockies to a strong finish for their successful road trip.
- Hundley goes on 15-day disabled list with oblique strain Updated: May-06-16 8:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Colorado catcher Nick Hundley was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain before the Rockies' game against the San Francisco Giants.
- Tim Lincecum sharp in showcase for big league scouts Updated: May-06-16 7:29 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Tim Lincecum strode to the mound inside a nearly empty Scottsdale Stadium, the only sounds coming from the birds and the cars on the streets outside.
- Giants designate Vin Mazzaro for assignment Updated: May-06-16 6:22 pm
- Reds hit 4 homers in 7-4 win over Giants, avoiding sweep Updated: May-04-16 4:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Two days off did not slow down Zack Cozart.
- Reds activate Lamb to start in place of Moscot vs Giants Updated: May-03-16 5:41 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds activated left-hander John Lamb off the disabled list on Tuesday to start the second game of a series against the San Francisco Giants, the latest rotation move prompted by injury.
- Bumgarner stops Mets' win streak at 8 with 6-1 victory Updated: May-01-16 8:35 pm
NEW YORK - When Madison Bumgarner pitches at Citi Field, he gets World Series-type results.
- Mets set record with 12-run inning; Cespedes drives in 6 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes and the New York Mets broke a franchise record by scoring 12 runs in one inning Friday night.
- Marlins hold off Giants 5-4 to avoid 3-game sweep Updated: Apr-24-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Miami manager Don Mattingly thinks slugger Giancarlo Stanton took an encouraging step with his third multihit game of the season.