- Bill on beer coolers advances in Missouri Legislature Updated: Apr-28-16 6:19 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A measure to allow beer-makers to lease coolers to stores to keep drinks frosty has passed the Missouri House.
- Missouri lawmaker asks students to rethink going to Mizzou Updated: Apr-28-16 6:16 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker is urging students to reconsider attending the University of Missouri in Columbia following campus turmoil last year.
- Missouri speaker doubts religious-objections measure revival Updated: Apr-28-16 4:09 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The leader of Missouri's House says he doesn't expect there will be an effort to revive a contested measure to protect some businesses opposed to same-sex marriage.
- Voter ID measure stalled in Missouri Senate Updated: Apr-28-16 3:50 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A proposal to require Missouri voters to show photo ID at polling places is stalled in the state Senate.
- Ex-policeman accused of assaulting Missouri clerk Updated: Apr-28-16 1:25 am
PINE LAWN, Missouri - A former Pine Lawn police officer has been charged with assaulting a clerk at a gas station.
- Missouri Legislature passes bill to add expert witness rules Updated: Apr-27-16 8:02 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers on Wednesday passed legislation to tighten the courtroom guidelines for expert testimony, an effort supporters say is aimed at ensuring experts who testify in court are truly experts.
- Missouri Senate tightens towing company regulations Updated: Apr-27-16 7:16 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Towing companies would face additional regulations under legislation that has passed in the Missouri Senate.
- Missouri religious objections proposal fails in committee Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri religious objections proposal failed to get the approval of a key legislative committee on Wednesday in a setback for conservatives who hoped to add protections for those who cite their faith in denying services such as flowers or cakes for same-sex weddings.
- Missouri governor approves higher education funding boost Updated: Apr-27-16 3:39 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Gov. Jay Nixon has signed a higher education budget that will result in a tuition freeze at public universities.
- Correction: Small Business Package story Updated: Apr-27-16 11:59 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - In a story April 25 about the Missouri Senate passing a package of tax incentives for small businesses, The Associated Press erroneously reported that it would require the Legislature to sign off on most regulations proposed by state agencies. The bill would require state agencies to certify that new regulations wouldn't adversely affect small businesses or are meant to protect the public's health or safety.
- Missouri patrol seeks driver who fatally hit scooter rider Updated: Apr-27-16 10:53 am
HILLSBORO, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol is asking for the public's help in finding a driver who fled after hitting and killing a man on a scooter south of St. Louis.
- Missouri lawmakers send bill on medical expenses to Nixon Updated: Apr-26-16 6:53 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers on Tuesday passed legislation to change how medical expenses are handled in court, sending the measure to Gov. Jay Nixon.
- Missouri Senate passes farm exemptions to open records laws Updated: Apr-26-16 6:13 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's open records laws would not cover some farming data under a measure that the Missouri Senate passed Tuesday.
- Missouri House advances bill to expand concealed carry Updated: Apr-26-16 4:54 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A bill designed to ease limits on the concealed carry of weapons is advancing in the Missouri Legislature after House members voted 112-37 to send the measure to the Senate.
- Jobless benefit cuts weighed by Missouri high court - again Updated: Apr-26-16 2:02 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Supreme Court is wrestling with whether to invalidate a law cutting jobless benefits because of the way it was enacted.
- NAACP seeks investigation of ballot shortage Updated: Apr-26-16 10:00 am
CLAYTON, Missouri - The NAACP chapter in St. Louis County is calling for an independent committee to investigate ballot problems in the county.
- Deputies shoot, wound Missouri man in exchange of gunfire Updated: Apr-26-16 8:55 am
HUNTSVILLE, Missouri - Authorities say central Missouri deputies have shot and wounded a fleeing motorist during an exchange of gunfire.
- Missouri senator reads 50 Cent book in sales tax filibuster Updated: Apr-25-16 11:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate has tabled a sales tax proposal after a senator filibustered it by reading a book about 50 Cent.
- Senate passes grant to attract large conventions Updated: Apr-25-16 11:16 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The state Senate has approved a proposal designed to lure large conventions to Missouri.
- Missouri House advances bill to expand castle doctrine law Updated: Apr-25-16 10:53 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers are advancing a measure that would limit fees to carry a concealed firearm and expand the state's castle doctrine law.
- Missouri House passes tax break for restaurants, grocers Updated: Apr-25-16 9:54 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Restaurants wouldn't have to pay sales and use taxes on electricity and other utilities used to prepare food under a measure headed to the Missouri Senate.
- Patrol seeks driver who struck, killed man on scooter Updated: Apr-25-16 3:34 pm
HILLSBORO, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol is searching for the hit-and-run driver who killed a man on a scooter.
- 2 Missouri women killed in crash Updated: Apr-24-16 4:33 pm
STEWARTSVILLE, Missouri - Two women have died in a two-vehicle crash in northwest Missouri.
- State pays millions to bar Medicaid from Planned Parenthood Updated: Apr-24-16 1:27 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers passed a budget last week that spends millions in state money to block Planned Parenthood from accessing federal funding.
- Twins, 16, killed in southern Missouri crash Updated: Apr-23-16 6:17 pm
WHEELERVILLE, Missouri - Twin teenagers were killed in a crash in southwest Missouri.