- Relatives mad after court blocks suits over hospital deaths Updated: Aug-30-15 4:55 pm
CHILLICOTHE, Missouri - Relatives are outraged after the Missouri Supreme Court decided wrongful death litigation can't go forward against a northwest Missouri hospital where a nurse is accused of intentionally killing patients more than a decade ago.
- Court denies motions from man set to be executed Tuesday Updated: Aug-29-15 2:49 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Supreme Court has denied the latest legal challenges from a man scheduled to be executed Tuesday for raping and killing a 15-year-old Kansas City girl in 1989.
- Missouri highway patrol trooper killed in accident Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 pm
MEXICO, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol says one of its troopers has died in a crash in northeast Missouri.
- Missouri abortion licensing law splits GOP, health officials Updated: Aug-25-15 9:52 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republican senators and the Missouri health department director debated Tuesday whether a Columbia Planned Parenthood met state requirements needed to perform abortions, an issue that has led to questions about whether the agency properly granted the clinic a license in July.
- Staffer re-hired after senator accused of harassment resigns Updated: Aug-25-15 5:51 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri Senate staff member was back at work Tuesday, a month after being fired by a senator who was facing allegations of sexually harassing interns.
- Former Missouri House speaker gives $562K to GOP committee Updated: Aug-24-15 7:46 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Former Republican Missouri House Speaker Steve Tilley has given more than half a million dollars to a GOP political action committee.
- Joplin man drowns after rescuing children from flooded ditch Updated: Aug-23-15 2:25 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A Joplin man has drowned after jumping into a drainage ditch to rescue his son and another child.
- ATV accident kills Callaway County man, 77 Updated: Aug-21-15 1:11 pm
FULTON, Missouri - A 77-year-old man has died in an all-terrain vehicle accident in central Missouri.
- Blunt backed by agriculture groups at Missouri State Fair Updated: Aug-20-15 6:08 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Several state agriculture groups are backing Missouri's U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt to run for re-election.
- Missouri candidates for governor gather at State Fair Updated: Aug-20-15 4:53 pm
SEDALIA, Missouri - Most of Missouri's potential Republican candidates for governor expressed opposition Thursday to raising taxes for transportation funding, as they gathered under the same tent with other politicians to shake hands with voters at the Missouri State Fair.
- Court rules against St. Louis police in ticket scandal Updated: Aug-20-15 10:34 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis police department will have to turn over records from its probe into a scandal over 2006 World Series tickets now that the Missouri Supreme Court has thrown out a final appeal that sought to block the documents' release.
- Missouri Supreme Court rules on traffic-camera challenges Updated: Aug-18-15 8:40 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that there are constitutional or legal issues with three cities' traffic-camera ordinances, a move that has already prompted at least two cities to say they will likely redraft the programs.
- Missouri Supreme Court: Felon-in-possession law stands Updated: Aug-18-15 6:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Missouri Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld a state law banning felons from possessing firearms, ruling that it does not violate a constitutional right to bear arms.
- Doniphan man's body found in Current River Updated: Aug-17-15 5:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The body of a Missouri man has been found in the Current River, three days after he fell out of his kayak.
- 2 teenagers killed in fiery crash in southwest Missouri Updated: Aug-17-15 7:31 am
ROGERSVILLE, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol says two teenagers were killed when the Jeep they were in went off a road in southwest Missouri and caught fire.
- California man dies in Missouri boating accident Updated: Aug-16-15 5:32 pm
GRAVOIS MILLS, Missouri - A California man has died in a boating accident at the Lake of the Ozarks in central Missouri.
- 2 motorcyclists die in southwest Missouri crash Updated: Aug-16-15 1:29 pm
FAIR PLAY, Missouri - Authorities say two motorcyclists have died in a multi-vehicle pileup in southwest Missouri.
- Man with drunken driving history arrested after fatal crash Updated: Aug-15-15 6:55 pm
ST. LOUIS - Authorities say a driver with a history of drunken driving convictions has been arrested after a fatal crash in south St. Louis County.
- Missouri Senate hires Moy as communications director Updated: Aug-13-15 3:35 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former spokeswoman for various causes backed by conservative donor Rex Sinquefield has been hired as the communications director for the Missouri Senate.
- Traffic accident in northern Missouri leaves 4 dead Updated: Aug-13-15 2:32 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol says an accident in northern Missouri has left four men dead.
- Missouri attorney general candidate fought records request Updated: Aug-12-15 9:02 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A law professor and Republican candidate for Missouri attorney general has said his university emails and other documents are not subject to state open records laws, documents provided to The Associated Press on Wednesday show.
- Ex-Missouri Sen. Dempsey joins Gate Way Group lobbying firm Updated: Aug-12-15 6:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's former top senator has taken a new job with a St. Louis-based lobbying firm.
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon confident in St. Louis as 'NFL city' Updated: Aug-12-15 2:05 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon remains confident in St. Louis as an NFL city, even if Rams owner Stan Kroenke succeeds in moving his franchise back to Los Angeles.
- Ethics complaint against Missouri lawmaker dismissed Updated: Aug-10-15 8:25 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Ethics Commission has dismissed a complaint against a state House member over allegations that he allowed lobbyist gifts for others to be reported as his.
- Man's remains found on St. Charles County highway Updated: Aug-07-15 6:56 am
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - The Missouri Highway Patrol is investigating after a trooper found a man's remains scattered across Highway 370 in St. Charles County.