- Fatal log truck crash closes Sunset Highway near Banks Updated: May-23-16 11:55 am
BANKS, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Transportation says a fatal log truck crash closed Highway 26 early Monday morning, near the intersection with Highway 47. Authorities say at least one person died in the crash.
- Speed, alcohol investigated as causes in fatal crash Updated: May-21-16 4:17 pm
O'BRIEN, Oregon - Authorities are investigating whether speed and alcohol were factors in a crash that left three people and a dog dead.
- Mother, 3 sons killed in Central Oregon highway crash Updated: May-18-16 4:22 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon State Police say a mother and three sons died in a crash on Highway 97 in Central Oregon.
- Oregon Democrats give Sanders primary victory over Clinton Updated: May-18-16 4:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - While some progressive voters may have felt torn between Bernie Sanders' idealism and the pragmatism of front-runner Hillary Clinton, when it was all over Oregon Democrats went with the senator from Vermont.
- Avakian wins Democratic nod to run for secretary of state Updated: May-18-16 3:29 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon voters on Tuesday gave state Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian the Democratic nod to square off against former GOP gubernatorial candidate Dennis Richardson for secretary of state - the second-most powerful position behind the governor - in November.
- Avakian wins Democratic primary for secretary of state Updated: May-18-16 2:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Latest on Oregon's primary election (all times local):
- Sanders beats Clinton to win Oregon primary; Trump triumphs Updated: May-18-16 12:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders defeated Hillary Clinton in Oregon's Democratic primary on Tuesday.
- Oregon college awarded grant for recovery from mass shooting Updated: May-17-16 4:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Umpqua Community College will receive nearly $530,000 in federal money to help it recover from a mass shooting on campus last fall.
- Election guide: Candidates and issues in Oregon's primary Updated: May-17-16 3:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The presidential race generated a lot of enthusiasm among Oregonians, with about 160,000 adding their names to the rolls of the two major parties this year - but mostly Democrats.
- Oregon officials replacing signs warning of road curves Updated: May-16-16 9:51 am
BEND, Oregon - Oregon transportation officials plan to increase the recommended speed on signs advising drivers to slow down while approaching a curve.
- How Oregon's primary works - things to know Updated: May-15-16 11:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Voter turnout is usually tepid during primary season compared to the November general election. But this year's wild presidential election has generated a surge of interest in the primaries, largely because of the unexpected popularity of Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders.
- Missing gun a factor in firing of Junction City chief Updated: May-13-16 9:55 am
JUNCTION CITY, Oregon - Call it the mystery of the vanishing gun.
- Oregon governor expected to win primary; GOP field mixed Updated: May-07-16 1:14 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown, a Democrat who inherited the governorship after her predecessor quit amid a federal investigation, appears to be so confident that she'll win the May 17 primary that she has barely campaigned.
- Man dies on shoulder of I-84; autopsy to be performed Updated: May-06-16 11:11 am
MORO, Oregon - Police are investigating the death of a man found on the shoulder of Interstate 84 in north-central Oregon.
- Ore. Supreme Court limits damages in lawsuits against state Updated: May-05-16 4:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Supreme Court voted 5-2 to uphold a $3 million cap on damages injured people can collect in lawsuits against the state or its employees.
- Oregon Supreme Court affirms Woodburn bombing convictions Updated: May-05-16 2:51 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Supreme Court has affirmed convictions and death sentences for a father and son found guilty of killing two police officers in a bank bombing.
- 3 lawmakers hit with ethics complaint over wolf bill Updated: May-02-16 8:38 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An environmental group filed an ethics complaint Monday against three Oregon lawmakers, accusing them of knowingly making false statements to their colleagues about the intent of a bill that has blocked an environmentalists' lawsuit over the delisting of the gray wolf.
- Oregon deputy cleared in fatal crash Updated: May-02-16 11:53 am
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - Oregon State Police investigators have cleared a Klamath County sheriff's deputy who was involved in a fatal traffic collision while trying to catch a suspect last fall.
- 5 prominent politicians compete for secretary of state job Updated: Apr-30-16 3:47 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - In a solidly blue state that hasn't elected a Republican to a statewide office since 2002, the only major partisan race this year that doesn't have political observers yawning is for Oregon secretary of state.
- Youngest Planning Commission member does her homework Updated: Apr-30-16 3:06 am
EUGENE, Oregon - "That was totally luck."
- 2 inmates who walked away from work crews apprehended Updated: Apr-28-16 10:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Authorities have apprehended two inmates who walked away from work crews Tuesday.
- Lawmakers picked for creating 2017 transportation package Updated: Apr-27-16 8:12 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Legislature has picked the 14 lawmakers who will spend the next several months crafting a transportation package for the 2017 legislative session.
- Fake voter pamphlets criticizing lawmaker appear in Portland Updated: Apr-25-16 9:36 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland residents have received fake "Voters' Pamphlet Guides" that criticize incumbent House Speaker Tina Kotek.