- Interstate 5 closures in Portland all this week Updated: Aug-24-15 9:40 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Transportation will be closing Interstate 5 through Portland for several nights and mornings this week for road paving.
- Correction: Right to Die-California story Updated: Aug-19-15 3:52 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - In a story Aug. 18 about the reintroduction of right-to-die legislation in California, The Associated Press erroneously reported a comment by Debbie Ziegler, whose daughter moved from California to Oregon to legally take her own life. She said "What right does anyone of a specific religious faith have to demand I behave in concordance with their faith as I face my eminent death?"
- Former trooper gets probation for child pornography charges Updated: Aug-14-15 6:17 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - A former Oregon state trooper has been sentenced to two years of probation in connection to child pornography charges.
- Idaho, Oregon lawmakers push new way to pay for wildfires Updated: Aug-12-15 6:36 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A bipartisan effort seeking to change the way the country pays to fight disastrous wildfires has been renewed after stalling repeatedly from lawmakers hesitant to approve letting firefighting agencies use dollars meant for natural disaster rather than money set aside for fire prevention.
- ODOT repairing stretch of Highway 101 Updated: Aug-07-15 12:02 pm
FLORENCE, Oregon - A 17-mile stretch of Highway 101 north of Florence is in such bad shape the state plans to undertake a major rebuild that will cost nearly $10 million.
- Oregon Supreme Court Justice Virginia Linder retiring Updated: Aug-06-15 2:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Supreme Court Justice Virginia Linder is retiring at the end of year.
- Expansion of gun sale background checks takes effect Sunday Updated: Aug-05-15 6:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The new Oregon law requiring background checks for private gun transactions will take effect Sunday amid plenty of uncertainty.