- Gov. Malloy orders flags lowered after Oregon shooting Updated: Oct-03-15 11:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has ordered flags lowered to half-staff in honor of the nine people killed after a gunman opened fire on an Oregon community college campus.
- Lt. Gov: 'Fellow Christians' should consider handgun permits Updated: Oct-02-15 7:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey said in a Facebook posting Friday that "fellow Christians" should consider getting a handgun carry permit after a gunman killed nine people at a community college in Oregon.
- Lt. Gov: 'Fellow Christians' should consider handgun permits Updated: Oct-02-15 7:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey said in a Facebook posting Friday that "fellow Christians" should consider getting a handgun carry permit after the mass shooting in Oregon.
- Mississippi flags lowered to honor Oregon shooting victims Updated: Oct-02-15 4:48 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi government buildings are lowering flags to honor those killed or wounded in a mass shooting on an Oregon college campus.
- Minnesota governor isn't counting on big changes to gun laws Updated: Oct-02-15 12:10 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton is downplaying the prospect for significant gun law changes in the wake of the latest mass shooting at an Oregon community college.
- Oregon Senate Democrats elect new majority leader Updated: Sep-28-15 10:50 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Democrats in the Oregon Senate have elected a new majority leader.
- Governor forms workgroup to evaluate crime lab procedures Updated: Sep-25-15 3:03 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon Governor Kate Brown is forming a workgroup to review the practices and procedures of the Oregon State Police crime lab, as the state investigates a forensic analyst for allegedly tampering with evidence.
- Woman reports sex assault on Oregon State University campus Updated: Sep-23-15 8:27 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A woman says she was sexually assaulted on the Oregon State University campus.
- LNG critics ask Oregon Gov. Kate Brown to oppose project Updated: Sep-23-15 9:50 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - Confident that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will eventually issue a license for Oregon LNG's $6 billion liquefied natural gas terminal and pipeline on Warrenton's Skipanon Peninsula, opponents are calling on Gov. Kate Brown to take a stand against the project.
- Portland homeless camp to be cleared out Updated: Sep-22-15 10:50 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Department of Transportation officials say they're planning to shut down a growing homeless camp in Portland.
- Oregon report reveals state's bridges deteriorating Updated: Sep-22-15 10:06 am
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon state report released last week predicts that the state's bridges will significantly deteriorate in the next two decades without more investment from the state.
- Ore. Democrats backtrack, cancel Planned Parenthood hearing Updated: Sep-21-15 11:08 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Days after agreeing to hold a hearing about Planned Parenthood, Oregon House Democrats have changed their minds.
- Oregon police: pair of wolves found dead in Wallowa County Updated: Sep-16-15 4:33 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon State Police are seeking the public's help regarding the deaths of a wolf pair in Wallowa County.
- Gun-control advocates hope recent wins signal changing tide Updated: Sep-15-15 7:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - It's long been conventional wisdom that fighting for gun control is a good way to end a politician's career.
- Group falls short of signatures to recall Oregon lawmaker Updated: Sep-11-15 8:46 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Democratic state Sen. Floyd Prozanski will not face a recall election.
- Head-on collision kills 3 in southern Oregon Updated: Sep-11-15 10:24 am
CAVE JUNCTION, Oregon - Oregon State Police say three people died in a crash on Highway 199 north of Cave Junction.
- Police: 3 dead in 2-vehicle crash near Cave Junction Updated: Sep-10-15 11:05 pm
CAVE JUNCTION, Oregon - Oregon State Police say three people have died in a vehicle crash on Highway 199 near Cave Junction.
- Body of missing La Grande woman found in pickup truck crash Updated: Sep-10-15 8:11 pm
LA GRANDE, Oregon - Authorities believe they have found the remains of a 27-year-old La Grande woman in a pickup truck that had crashed at the bottom of a steep ravine.
- Republican Bud Pierce announces run for Oregon governor Updated: Sep-10-15 3:38 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Salem Republican Bud Pierce said Thursday that he's running for Oregon governor in his first bid for elected office.
- Eldon Johnson, longtime GOP state lawmaker, dies at 85 Updated: Sep-09-15 8:38 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Eldon Johnson, a longtime Republican state lawmaker from southern Oregon, died last week after sustaining a stroke. He was 85.
- Oregon agrees to improve work settings for disabled Updated: Sep-08-15 7:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The state of Oregon has agreed to a settlement requiring it to scale back support for segregated workplaces where people with mental disabilities often do menial work for pay below minimum wages, state and federal officials announced Tuesday.
- Bear killed by vehicle in southern Oregon Updated: Sep-03-15 1:15 pm
CENTRAL POINT, Oregon - A vehicle fatally struck a bear on Interstate 5 in southern Oregon.