- Thomas Kennedy, longtime Massachusetts lawmaker, dies at 63 Updated: Jun-29-15 8:01 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Sen. Thomas Kennedy, a Brockton Democrat who overcame an accident that required him to use a wheelchair and went on to serve in the Legislature for more than three decades, has died. He was 63.
- Massachusetts court offers guidelines on spanking Updated: Jun-25-15 5:35 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts' highest court for the first time established legal guidelines Thursday for the use of physical punishment by parents, saying it's permissible to discipline a child by spanking so long as "reasonable" force is used and the child is not harmed.
- Massachusetts State trooper meets colleague who saved him Updated: Jun-25-15 10:47 am
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - A veteran Massachusetts State Police trooper and the baby boy whose life he saved more than three decades ago were reunited this week, and through a strange twist of fate, that boy is now a fellow trooper.
- Panel approves MBTA bill, Baker says more tools needed Updated: Jun-23-15 6:39 pm
BOSTON - A bill that would establish a financial control board to oversee the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority was given the green light Tuesday by a key legislative panel, but Gov. Charlie Baker signaled that the measure fell short of what he considered necessary to fix the troubled transit system.
- State investigations into local casino industry dismissed Updated: Jun-18-15 5:01 pm
BOSTON - Two investigations that cast a shadow over the launch of Massachusetts' gambling industry have been dismissed, state officials said Thursday.
- High court sides with Senate in dispute over taxes Updated: Jun-15-15 5:06 pm
BOSTON - The state's highest court sided with the Senate in a constitutional dispute with the House over taxes.
- State trooper injured by allegedly drunken driver Updated: Jun-02-15 9:02 am
EASTON, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts state trooper was treated at the hospital for minor injuries after an alleged drunken driver struck his cruiser from behind while it was stopped at a red light.