- Massachusetts Gov. Baker endorses Christie in GOP primary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker endorsed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the Republican presidential primary on Friday, arguing that Christie is best suited to govern in Washington's highly partisan environment.
- Justice Francis Spina of Massachusetts high court to retire Updated: Feb-05-16 12:41 pm
BOSTON - For the second time in a week, a Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court justice has announced his retirement.
- Senate OKs overhaul of Massachusetts open records law Updated: Feb-04-16 11:23 pm
BOSTON - Supporters of a bill that would overhaul the state's public records law said Thursday's 35-0 vote in the Massachusetts Senate would provide a smoother path for citizens and journalists seeking to access government documents.
- Justice Robert Cordy of state's high court to retire Updated: Feb-03-16 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Robert Cordy, an associate justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court since 2001, announced Wednesday he would retire in August, giving Republican Gov. Charlie Baker the opportunity to make his first nomination to the state's highest court.
- Legislature postpones discussion of 'millionaire tax' Updated: Feb-03-16 3:45 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have postponed debate about a proposed constitutional amendment calling for what's been dubbed the "millionaire tax."
- Massachusetts Senate OKs bill that would ensure equal pay Updated: Jan-28-16 3:42 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate unanimously approved a bill Thursday that would ensure men and women earn equal pay for comparable work.
- Senate launches initiative to improve lives of children Updated: Jan-27-16 6:20 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Senate President Stan Rosenberg has announced what he says will be a multi-year initiative to improve the lives of children in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts is investigating high cost of hepatitis C drug Updated: Jan-27-16 12:07 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts attorney general's office said Wednesday that it is investigating whether the makers of a breakthrough treatment for hepatitis C are violating state law by pricing the drugs too high.
- Wheel breaks off pickup truck, kills motorist in Lexington Updated: Jan-27-16 9:28 am
LEXINGTON, Massachusetts - State police say a man was killed after a wheel came loose from a pickup truck driving south on Route 128, flew over the median and smashed into a northbound vehicle.
- Legislative leader to outline goals for 2016 session Updated: Jan-26-16 8:54 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo planned to urge fellow House members to wade into contentious fights over charter schools and ride-hailing services in the coming months.
- Events to mark centennial of Louis Brandeis on Supreme Court Updated: Jan-24-16 2:53 pm
WALTHAM, Massachusetts - Brandeis University will host a series of events to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the nomination and appointment of Louis D. Brandeis to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Advocates holding 'Assembly for Life' rally this weekend Updated: Jan-24-16 9:08 am
BOSTON - Advocates are holding their annual "Assembly for Life" rally this weekend to urge lawmakers to reject an assisted suicide bill.
- Democrats echo bipartisan tone of Gov. Baker's speech Updated: Jan-21-16 9:42 pm
BOSTON - Top Massachusetts Democrats are giving Republican Gov. Charlie Baker largely positive reviews on his State of the State address.
- Senate backs ban on hand-held cellphones while driving Updated: Jan-21-16 8:35 pm
BOSTON - The state Senate approved a bill Thursday that would require drivers in Massachusetts to put down their cellphones while behind the wheel.
- Oops! NFL refs forget balls at hotel before Patriots game Updated: Jan-21-16 12:41 pm
BOSTON - This ball controversy can't be blamed on the Patriots.
- State senator agrees to repay graduation party money Updated: Jan-21-16 7:18 am
BOSTON - A Massachusetts state senator has agreed to pay nearly $5,000 for using campaign funds to pay for his son's 2014 high school graduation party.
- Backers, foes of 'millionaire tax' make case at Statehouse Updated: Jan-19-16 3:26 pm
BOSTON - Supporters of a proposed "millionaire tax" ballot question are urging Massachusetts lawmakers to back the measure, saying the extra revenue would fund public schools and transportation improvements.
- High court rejects appeal over $63M judgment in Motrin case Updated: Jan-19-16 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from the manufacturer of Children's Motrin over a $63 million judgment awarded to a family whose daughter developed a life-threatening disease after taking the medicine.
- Ex-Massachusetts speaker seeks withheld pension payments Updated: Jan-19-16 9:46 am
BOSTON - Imprisoned former Massachusetts House Speaker Salvatore DiMasi is asking the state's highest court to restore more than $127,000 in pension payments he says were "wrongfully withheld" from his family.
- Massachusetts Senate to consider distracted driving bill Updated: Jan-18-16 10:46 am
BOSTON - Motorists in Massachusetts may soon have to put down their cellphones when they're on the road.
- The Latest: Massachusetts man freed from Iran returns home Updated: Jan-18-16 12:16 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The latest developments as Iran and world powers implement a landmark deal reached last year to curb Iran's nuclear activities in exchange for the lifting of international sanctions (all times local).
- US Supreme Court won't review suburban Boston man's case Updated: Jan-12-16 7:10 am
CHELSEA, Massachusetts - The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to review the case of a suburban Boston man convicted in the 2010 non-fatal stabbing of another man in Chelsea.