- Court upholds South Dakota vehicular homicide conviction Updated: Feb-04-16 5:26 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the conviction of a Lake Andes man who was drunk when he drove into two federal wildlife researchers, killing them.
- Elder abuse proposal receives first hearing in Legislature Updated: Jan-19-16 12:56 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A proposal that includes provisions to make it a crime to emotionally or psychologically abuse an elderly person in South Dakota and largely bar felons from being guardians and conservators had its first legislative hearing Tuesday.
- SD chief justice talks elder abuse, alternative sentencing Updated: Jan-13-16 7:18 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota should add more drug and alcohol courts and expand existing programs to accommodate more participants, Supreme Court Chief Justice David Gilbertson said Wednesday.
- SD high court hears appeal of Pierre teen murder conviction Updated: Jan-13-16 3:40 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The lawyer for a Pierre teenager convicted of killing a classmate has told the state Supreme Court that Braiden McCahren has been denied his right to defend himself against a lesser charge.
- South Dakota's high court considers appeal in Shindler flood Updated: Jan-13-16 6:34 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court is considering an appeal on a ruling that determined the state was responsible for damages caused by a 2010 flood in the small community of Shindler.