- Bucs trade TE Tim Wright to Lions for kicker Kyle Brindza Updated: Aug-31-15 5:36 pm
- Buccaneers say QB Winston's sprained ankle not a concern Updated: Aug-31-15 5:05 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jameis Winston has a sprained ankle that the rookie quarterback and Tampa Bay Buccaneers say is not a major concern.
- Panthers wide receiver position remains in state of flux Updated: Aug-31-15 4:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers are looking for ways to give a boost to a wide receiving corps that remains in a state of flux less than two weeks before the season opener.
- Falcons' offense has issues entering final preseason game Updated: Aug-31-15 4:45 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons' most glaring unanswered questions are on offense as they began a short practice week before their final preseason game against Baltimore on Thursday night.
- Panthers acquire Seahawks WR Norwood for 2017 draft pick Updated: Aug-31-15 4:45 pm
- Texans take preseason win over Saints 27-13 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Brian Hoyer sounded pleased about his first game as the Houston Texans' designated starter.
- Benson adds $522M to Saints-Pelicans ownership swap Updated: Aug-30-15 7:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The owner of New Orleans' national football and basketball teams has added $522 million in promissory notes to his former heirs' trust funds to try to get back the trusts' nonvoting shares in the Saints and Pelicans.
- Buccaneers waive 10, including draft pick Iosefa Updated: Aug-30-15 5:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Seventh-round draft pick Joey Iosefa was among 10 players released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first wave of cuts.
- Falcons trim roster to 76 by cutting 13 players Updated: Aug-30-15 5:29 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have trimmed their roster to 76 players by cutting 13, including running back Michael Ford and tight end Mickey Shuler.
- Browns' Duke Johnson has concussion; Ray Rice on radar? Updated: Aug-30-15 3:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Duke Johnson's concussion has aggravated the Browns' headache at running back.
- Panthers trim 8 players from roster Updated: Aug-30-15 3:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have cut eight players, including two wide receivers.
- McCown throws 2 TD passes to lead Browns over Bucs Updated: Aug-30-15 12:03 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Cleveland Browns were a tough matchup for Jameis Winston.
- Falcons announce 5-year contract extension for Julio Jones Updated: Aug-29-15 11:15 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons agreed to a $71.25 million, five-year contract extension with Julio Jones on Saturday that compares favorably with recent deals paid to other top wide receivers.
- Tannehill throws for 145 yards, Dolphins beat Falcons 13-9 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:05 pm
- Dolphins center Mike Pouncey leaves game with knee injury Updated: Aug-29-15 10:31 pm
- Pitt back James Conner looking to become finished product Updated: Aug-29-15 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - The quote is saved on James Conner's phone, a permanent reminder of the stakes. He sees it whenever he logs in, meaning the running back's eyes glaze over it dozens of times a day. Its presence is comforting in a way, a mental security blanket just in case the Pittsburgh star begins to get ahead of himself.
- Brady throws 2 INTs, 1 TD, Patriots beat Panthers 17-16 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:38 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - At least for one series Tom Brady looked like Tom Brady again.
- Saints testing potential of ex-basketball player Manhertz Updated: Aug-28-15 7:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton couldn't resist trying out another former college basketball player at tight end.
- WR looks like Falcons' deepest position heading into season Updated: Aug-27-15 7:36 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Like all NFL teams, the Atlanta Falcons have some worrisome positions.
- Falcons' McKay reinstated to NFL Competition Committee Updated: Aug-27-15 7:06 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons team president Rich McKay has been reinstated as chairman of the NFL's powerful Competition Committee, the league said Thursday, after a nearly five-month suspension for the use of artificial noise at the Georgia Dome during games.
- Barth rejoins Buccaneers after being released in Denver Updated: Aug-27-15 6:36 pm
- Longtime Saints recall the team's role in Katrina recovery Updated: Aug-27-15 6:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Coming off a career-threatening injury, Drew Brees had little choice but to sign with a downtrodden franchise in a disaster zone. Sean Payton became coach of the Saints only after being passed over for the job he really wanted in Green Bay.
- Saints seeking to ramp up pass rush as regular season nears Updated: Aug-27-15 5:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Sack-less through two preseason games, the New Orleans Saints have ratcheted up concerns about their lack of a pass rush this week.
- Falcons sign Grossman to compete for backup quarterback job Updated: Aug-26-15 5:47 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Rex Grossman believes he has a couple more seasons left in him.
- Patriots look for improvement in 3rd preseason game Updated: Aug-26-15 5:08 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Bill Belichick is looking for some major improvement from the New England Patriots as they head to Carolina for Friday night's third preseason game.