- Pom-pom pay: California bill gives cheerleaders minimum wage Updated: Jul-01-15 4:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - They boost their teams from the sidelines and promote them by appearing in calendars and at fan events, but some sports cheerleaders say they are still not considered team employees and are paid what amounts to less than minimum wage.
- Worker injured at Falcons stadium construction site Updated: Jul-01-15 2:50 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities say a construction worker has been injured by a falling piece of scaffolding at the Atlanta Falcons stadium construction site.
- New Pitt AD Barnes focusing on football Updated: Jun-25-15 6:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Barnes has been on the job less than two weeks, yet the new Pittsburgh athletic director already has a clear vision about what should be the top item of his "to do" list. It's the same as the second. And the third. And the fourth.
- Benson's daughter, grandchildren appeal competency ruling Updated: Jun-24-15 8:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The daughter and grandchildren of Tom Benson are appealing last week's ruling that found the Saints and Pelicans owner mentally competent to make his own business decisions.
- Ex-NFL coach Haslett hired as Penn State's 'sounding board' Updated: Jun-24-15 12:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The coach who guided the New Orleans Saints through Hurricane Katrina has joined Penn State's football team as a consultant.
- Richardson gives $100,000 to families of Charleston shooting Updated: Jun-20-15 10:51 pm
Jerry Richardson, the owner of the NFL's Carolina Panthers, has donated $100,000 to the families of the Charleston shooting to help cover burial costs of the victims.
- Saints see Spiller as perfect for Payton's playbook Updated: Jun-18-15 11:10 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints running back C.J. Spiller spent much of his youth on baseball diamonds, where coaches sought to take advantage of his quick first step, range and sure hands by playing him at shortstop and center field.
- Rivera pleased with QB Newton's development this offseason Updated: Jun-18-15 10:00 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Ron Rivera said the Carolina Panthers are well ahead of where they were last season in terms of preparation for the season in large part due to the health of quarterback Cam Newton.
- Beasley ready to show Falcons they made right decision Updated: Jun-18-15 6:46 pm
ATLANTA - Now that Vic Beasley has signed a four-year rookie contract and finished his first mini-camp, the rookie defensive end is eager for the next phase of his development with the Atlanta Falcons.
- McCoy trying to help Bucs' Winston make transition to NFL Updated: Jun-18-15 5:41 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Gerald McCoy remembers what it was like to enter the NFL on a struggling team lacking strong veteran leaders who rookies could rely on for guidance.
- Panthers to hold joint practices with Dolphins during camp Updated: Jun-18-15 10:12 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Panthers have announced they will have joint training camp practices with the Miami Dolphins this summer.
- Galette says he'll meet with NFL about offseason arrest Updated: Jun-17-15 7:53 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette said Wednesday that he'll meet with NFL officials by the end of the month about an offseason arrest that stemmed from a domestic disturbance at his New Orleans-area home.
- Falcons' Jones focused on new offense, not contract talks Updated: Jun-17-15 6:36 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Julio Jones is learning there are more ways to go about his job in the Atlanta Falcons' new offense.
- Panthers promote Beane to assistant general manager Updated: Jun-17-15 4:15 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have promoted Brandon Beane to assistant general manager.
- Hamstring issues plaguing Panthers 2nd-year WR Benjamin Updated: Jun-17-15 2:08 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Panthers second-year wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin is back on the sideline with more hamstring problems.
- Kevin Williams says Saints were the best fit for him, family Updated: Jun-16-15 8:54 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - After 12 years in the NFL, six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kevin Williams is willing to concede he may have lost a step.
- Winston upbeat about progress with Buccaneers Updated: Jun-16-15 8:38 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jameis Winston smiles and keeps a positive attitude with just about everything these days.
- Matt Ryan reports progress in learning new Falcons offense Updated: Jun-16-15 7:35 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Now in his third month working with new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, quarterback Matt Ryan believes the Atlanta Falcons have a chance to be special this year.
- Coach: Panthers' Norman on verge of being a top cornerback Updated: Jun-16-15 6:05 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman may not be a household name right now.
- Panthers sign LB Thomas Davis to 2-year contract extension Updated: Jun-15-15 5:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Thomas Davis plans to end his career right where it began - with the Carolina Panthers.
- Sharper pleads guilty to rape, finishes multistate plea deal Updated: Jun-15-15 3:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Former New Orleans Saints player Darren Sharper pleaded guilty Monday to rape in Louisiana, completing a series of pleas in four states that will see him serve at least nine years in prison for drugging and sexually assaulting women.
- Former Saints player Gleason wins Halas Award Updated: Jun-15-15 1:40 pm
Former New Orleans Saints special teams player Steve Gleason, who is afflicted with Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS), has won the George Halas Award for overcoming adversity and succeeding.
- Falcons release veteran offensive tackle Sam Baker Updated: Jun-15-15 12:39 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have released veteran offensive tackle Sam Baker.
- Saints sign defensive tackle Kevin Williams to 1-year deal Updated: Jun-12-15 6:36 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints have signed veteran defensive tackle Kevin Williams to a one-year contract.
- Bucs bring back TE Tim Wright Updated: Jun-12-15 5:29 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tim Wright is back with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.