- Brees 'not stressing' about a lack of an extension Updated: May-25-16 10:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints star quarterback Drew Brees says he's "not stressing" about a recent lack of progress on a possible contract extension with New Orleans and said he'll approach this season the same way whether he gets a new deal or not.
- Saints add veteran receiver Brown, kicker Barth Updated: May-23-16 5:46 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says New Orleans has signed receiver Vincent Brown and kicker Connor Barth.
- Falcons' Vic Beasley Jr. samples new dual role as OLB and DE Updated: May-23-16 4:42 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Vic Beasley Jr. is learning a new position for his second season with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Panthers' Thompson cited in accident that injured ex-Duke QB Updated: May-23-16 4:11 pm
WEDDINGTON, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers linebacker Shaq Thompson was cited for a head-on accident that injured former Duke quarterback Anthony Boone over the weekend, a North Carolina Highway Patrol trooper said Monday.
- Saints owner Tom Benson discusses why he disinherits kin Updated: May-20-16 5:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - In a court deposition, Tom Benson said he ousted his daughter and grandchildren from executive positions in the Saints and Pelicans after a confrontation turned physical between his daughter, Renee, and his wife, Gayle.
- Hearing set for suspect in killing of former Saints star Updated: May-20-16 11:52 am
NEW ORLEANS - With work still being done on the autopsy report on retired Saints defensive end Will Smith, attorneys in the criminal case against the man charged in his death agreed Friday to reschedule an evidence hearing.
- The Latest: Brief hearing reveals little in Will Smith case Updated: May-20-16 11:08 am
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on a court hearing for the suspect in the shooting death of retired New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith (all times local):
- Saints sign 4th-round pick Onyemata to 4-year contract Updated: May-18-16 6:22 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints signed rookie defensive lineman David Onyemata to a four-year contract Wednesday.
- Benson wins a court round in future of sports franchises Updated: May-16-16 8:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson won a key legal round Monday in his fight to leave ownership of his NFL and NBA team to his wife, rather than his estranged daughter and grandchildren.
- Panthers release CB Brandon Boykin; sign 5 tryout players Updated: May-16-16 3:05 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers didn't even wait to see cornerback Brandon Boykin in practice, cutting him before the official start of OTAs.
- Blank says work on Falcons' new stadium is on schedule Updated: May-16-16 2:44 pm
ATLANTA - As he awaits word on Atlanta's bid for to host a Super Bowl, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Monday construction of the team's new Mercedes-Benz Stadium is back on schedule to open in June, 2017.
- Saints coaches: Top pick Rankins in good shape, learns fast Updated: May-14-16 5:34 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints first-round draft choice Sheldon Rankins can accept people calling him boring, as long they're referring to the way he spends time away from football.
- Panthers hope Bradberry, other young CBs can replace Norman Updated: May-13-16 3:17 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers rookie cornerback James Bradberry walked onto the practice field Friday wearing No. 24.
- Panthers sign CB Sanchez; DT Butler only draft pick unsigned Updated: May-12-16 9:48 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have signed cornerback Zack Sanchez, their fifth-round draft pick from Oklahoma.
- Buccaneers sign 2nd-round draft pick Noah Spence Updated: May-12-16 3:59 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed rookie defensive end Noah Spence, one of the team's two second-round picks in last month's NFL draft.
- Bears promote Sadowski to director of college scouting Updated: May-11-16 4:41 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The Chicago Bears have promoted Mark Sadowski to director of college scouting.
- Panthers owner Richardson to have another shoulder surgery Updated: May-11-16 1:54 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers owner and founder Jerry Richardson will have a second operation on his shoulder to repair a rotator cuff injury.
- Children of former Bucs owner refuse to release mom's body Updated: May-10-16 12:45 pm
TAMPA, Florida - While the body of the 96-year-old widow of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Hugh Culverhouse Sr. waits in a funeral home, her children are battling in court with her grandson, who had her power of attorney.
- First-round pick Keanu Neal pleased to have contract signed Updated: May-06-16 6:08 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Keanu Neal didn't want to wait too long before signing his first NFL contract.
- Vernon Hargreaves III signs rookie contract with Buccaneers Updated: May-06-16 6:05 pm
TAMPA, Florida - First-round draft pick Vernon Hargreaves III was on the practice field Friday, hours after a signing a four-year, $14.2 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- After court setback, estranged Benson heirs not giving up Updated: May-05-16 10:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The estranged daughter and grandchildren of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson say they won't abandon their effort to prove their patriarch has been manipulated into appointing his third wife the sole heir to his sports empire.
- Will Smith's widow accepts his posthumous degree in Miami Updated: May-05-16 10:19 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The widow of former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith accepted his degree from the University of Miami on Thursday, nearly a month after he was shot and killed.
- Falcons become first NFL team to sign all draft picks Updated: May-05-16 8:09 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - One day after becoming the first team to agree to terms with its first-round draft pick, the Atlanta Falcons have become the first team to sign all their selections.
- Falcons' rookie free agents include Georgia's Dawson, Mayes Updated: May-05-16 1:47 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with 22 college free agents, including Georgia defensive linemen Josh Dawson and Chris Mayes.
- Titans hire Ryan Cowden as director of player personnel Updated: May-05-16 12:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have hired Ryan Cowden as their director of player personnel.