- Saints rookie LB Kikaha riding wave of early success Updated: Oct-08-15 7:21 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints rookie linebacker Hau'oli Kikaha's inexperience may have been most obvious after his third sack of the season, when he tried to pay homage to his upbringing in Hawaii with a celebration meant to look like a surfer catching a wave.
- Bucs, Dolphins, Jags already falling short of expectations Updated: Oct-08-15 6:44 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Things were supposed to be different in the Sunshine State this season.
- Falcons' Roddy White upbeat after meeting with Quinn Updated: Oct-08-15 2:26 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White returned to the team Thursday and said he was encouraged about his role following a meeting with coach Dan Quinn.
- Houston's Mallett looks for turnaround against Colts Updated: Oct-08-15 10:40 am
HOUSTON - Ryan Mallett has had a tough time since taking over as starting quarterback for the Houston Texans.
- Kicker Connor Barth excited to rejoin Buccaneers Updated: Oct-07-15 8:27 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Connor Barth didn't wait for a phone call to let the Tampa Bay Buccaneers know he was interested in being the answer to their kicking woes that have contributed to another slow start.
- Falcons downplay White's complaints about lack of passes Updated: Oct-07-15 7:37 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White skipped practice Wednesday for an undisclosed personal matter, while the team addressed concerns that he's not happy with a diminished role in the offense.
- Struggling Saints gaining hope from return of key veterans Updated: Oct-07-15 7:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees made an unusual request on Wednesday, asking Saints coaches and trainers to leave his name off of the club's first required injury report of Week 5.
- New coaches getting fast results with Falcons, Broncos, Jets Updated: Oct-07-15 7:03 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Dan Quinn cranked up the music and turned up the energy for the Atlanta Falcons.
- Redskins, QB Cousins need to show they can do it again Updated: Oct-07-15 4:44 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins proved to himself, his teammates, his head coach and future opponents that he can direct a game-winning drive.
- Rams rise in AP power rankings; Pats, Pack, Broncos 1-2-3 Updated: Oct-06-15 5:49 pm
- Falcons place Hester on short-term IR; out until Dec. 6 Updated: Oct-06-15 4:09 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons placed wide receiver and return specialist Devin Hester on injured reserve-designated to return with a turf toe injury on Tuesday.
- Cowboys reeling without Romo, Bryant; Patriots are next Updated: Oct-05-15 8:40 pm
IRVING, Texas - Already 0-2 without injured stars Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, Dallas must move on without the versatility of running back Lance Dunbar because of a season-ending knee injury.
- Buccaneers waive struggling kicker Kyle Brindza Updated: Oct-05-15 8:07 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Kyle Brindza has missed his last kick for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Victory gives Saints hope, though flaws remain exposed Updated: Oct-05-15 7:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints feel a lot better about themselves after securing their first victory of this season, but they know they still face an uphill battle to climb into playoff contention.
- Quinn getting message of starting fast through to Falcons Updated: Oct-05-15 6:53 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Coach Dan Quinn has been trying to get the Atlanta Falcons to start games fast.
- Hicks' long journey lands him with Patriots Updated: Oct-05-15 6:52 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Akiem Hicks' long and winding road has brought him to the undefeated New England Patriots.
- Unbeaten Panthers finding ways to win despite injuries Updated: Oct-05-15 6:43 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers keep finding ways to win football games despite injuries to key players.
- Spiller emerges in Saints' 26-20 OT win over Cowboys Updated: Oct-05-15 7:24 am
NEW ORLEANS - Running back C.J. Spiller came to New Orleans as a free agent this past offseason figuring that his speed and versatility would make him an ideal fit for coach Sean Payton's offense.
- Unbeaten Falcons will be missing 4 players vs. Texans Updated: Oct-02-15 7:18 pm
- Saints coach Payton expects QB Brees to start vs Cowboys Updated: Oct-02-15 5:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees is expected to return as starter for New Orleans against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night in the Superdome, Saints coach Sean Payton said Friday.
- Panthers LB Kuechly to miss 3rd game with concussion Updated: Oct-02-15 1:03 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly will miss his third straight game Sunday against Tampa Bay with a concussion.
- Saints' Murphy eager to build maiden TD vs. Cowboys Updated: Oct-01-15 8:50 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints punt and kick return specialist Marcus Murphy had done his research, and wasn't about to fall victim to self-doubt after dropping to the seventh round last spring in the NFL draft.
- Panthers CB Norman out to prove he's elite in contract year Updated: Oct-01-15 6:28 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Josh Norman told everyone who'd listen in July that he's one of the elite cover men in the NFL.
- Are Eagles avoiding word "Redskins?" Updated: Oct-01-15 5:15 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles are not using the word "Redskins" on the cover of their weekly media guide.
- Falcons' Julio Jones 'good to go' despite new toe injury Updated: Oct-01-15 4:18 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Thursday he expects receiver Julio Jones will be "ready to rock" on Sunday against the Houston Texans despite a new toe injury.