- Court keeps passport of ex-IMF chief Rato in fraud case Updated: Oct-06-15 9:22 am
MADRID - A Spanish magistrate has withdrawn the passport of former International Monetary Fund chief Rodrigo Rato, who is under investigation for alleged tax fraud, money laundering and corruption.
- Root of investor anxiety: Uncertainty about China and Fed Updated: Sep-30-15 6:31 pm
Fears about China's slowdown and a coming U.S. interest rate hike have sent global stock markets into a fidgety freefall.
- IMF chief says global economy likely to be weaker this year Updated: Sep-30-15 2:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The head of the International Monetary Fund said Wednesday that global growth will likely be weaker this year as the world economy confronts a host of problems, including a refugee crisis in Europe, an economic slowdown in China and a pending rise in U.S. interest rates.
- IMF approves 126m euro disbursement for bailed-out Cyprus Updated: Sep-23-15 7:37 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The International Monetary Fund has approved the disbursement of another 126 million euros ($140.5 million) for bailed-out Cyprus, saying that the island nation's reform program continues to be "a success."
- IMF says new loan for Moldova won't materialize during visit Updated: Sep-22-15 12:54 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - The International Monetary Fund says it will not negotiate a new loan program with Moldova during its visit to the country, dashing the government's hopes of an immediate agreement to help cover pensions and salaries.