- Kerry implores Congress to back Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-28-15 2:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry warned skeptical lawmakers not to nix the contentious nuclear deal with Iran, insisting that it includes strict inspections and other safeguards to deter cheating by Tehran.
- Officials: Iran may take own samples at alleged nuclear site Updated: Jul-28-15 10:19 am
VIENNA - Iran wants its own officials to take soil samples at a site where it is alleged to have experimented with ways to detonate a nuclear weapon, and the U.N. agency probing the suspicions may agree provided it is allowed to monitor the process, two officials told The Associated Press Tuesday.
- For US and Iran, nuke deal is a series of tough compromises Updated: Jul-15-15 3:10 am
WASHINGTON - The nuclear accord with Iran required a difficult series of compromises for world powers and Tehran.
- Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'? Updated: Jul-14-15 10:16 pm
VIENNA - Overcoming decades of hostility, Iran, the United States, and five other world powers struck a historic accord Tuesday to check Tehran's nuclear efforts short of building a bomb. The agreement could give Iran access to billions in frozen assets and oil revenue, stave off more U.S. military action in the Middle East and reshape the tumultuous region.
- From covert Iran nuke program to final deal - a timeline Updated: Jul-14-15 9:05 am
VIENNA - Tuesday's nuclear agreement between world powers and Iran culminates more than a decade of diplomatic efforts to ensure that Tehran cannot develop nuclear weapons.
- The Iran deal: A look at what it does and problems remaining Updated: Jun-30-15 4:29 am
VIENNA - World powers and Iran are back in nuclear talks, and this round may be the deciding one.