- Senate approves online voter registration Updated: Feb-09-16 9:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate has approved a bill that would allow Wisconsin residents to register to vote online.
- Trump, Sanders victorious in New Hampshire primaries Updated: Feb-09-16 9:36 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders swept to victory in Tuesday's New Hampshire primaries, adding crucial credibility to their upstart candidacies and underscoring voters' insistence on shaking up American politics.
- The Latest: Michael Brown's dad at meeting on Ferguson deal Updated: Feb-09-16 9:24 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - The Latest on a police and court reform agreement between Ferguson and the U.S. Department of Justice (all times local):
- Email: Bacteria worries influenced Flint corrosion decision Updated: Feb-09-16 9:12 pm
Worries over bacteria led to the fateful decision not to apply anti-corrosive chemicals when Flint, Michigan, began drawing water from the Flint River, an email written by the city's former public works director says.
- Supreme Court puts Obama's Clean Power Plan on hold Updated: Feb-09-16 9:09 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to halt enforcement of President Barack Obama's sweeping plan to address climate change until after legal challenges are resolved.
- Feds plan outreach to New Mexico youth in opioid fight Updated: Feb-09-16 8:57 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal law enforcement officials are citing a rise in drug overdose deaths in New Mexico as the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration release a documentary aimed at educating high schoolers on the dangers of opioids.
- Ohio EPA: Town failed to notify some of lead in recent tests Updated: Feb-09-16 8:57 pm
SEBRING, Ohio - Tap water samples taken over the last two weeks have found high levels of lead in at least 30 homes in the village, which failed to promptly notify some people about results and didn't submit required weekly reports on water chemistry, state environmental regulators said Tuesday.
- Bergdahl case delayed over classified information dispute Updated: Feb-09-16 8:52 pm
A military appeals court halted proceedings against U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl on Tuesday while it considers a dispute over how much leeway the defense should have in accessing classified information.
- Bullock suspends work of Clean Power Plan panel after ruling Updated: Feb-09-16 8:46 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Gov. Steve Bullock on Tuesday suspended the work of a panel appointed to address new federal carbon dioxide emissions rules after the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily blocked the key component of President Barack Obama's climate change plan.
- Ferguson City Council expected to vote on DOJ agreement Updated: Feb-09-16 8:33 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - The Ferguson City Council is expected to vote Tuesday on a police and court reform proposal with the U.S. Department of Justice, an agreement that would cost the St. Louis suburb millions of dollars.
- The Latest: Ohio town criticized for water-testing reporting Updated: Feb-09-16 8:28 pm
SEBRING, Ohio - The latest on concerns about lead in residents' tap water in Ohio (all times local):
- House tax break bill would mean $23M for Maine schools Updated: Feb-09-16 8:23 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers are divided along party lines over whether to carry over several personal and business tax breaks to state income tax returns after Congress revived the expired breaks in December.
- Exit of California Senate candidate could help ailing GOP Updated: Feb-09-16 8:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sudden withdrawal of one of the Republican candidates in California's U.S. Senate race could help a party that's been battered in recent statewide elections, although Democrats remain favorites to hold the seat now occupied by Sen. Barbara Boxer.
- Indiana's Pence changes running mate before election Updated: Feb-09-16 7:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann said Tuesday she is stepping aside as Gov. Mike Pence's running mate in an unusual move that allows a former state Republican Party chairman to join the ticket with the governor for a tough re-election campaign.
- North Carolina takes map delay request to US Supreme Court Updated: Feb-09-16 7:25 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The federal court that struck down two majority black congressional districts in North Carolina refused Tuesday to delay its order demanding that new boundaries be drawn in barely a week's time.
- NTSB: New rules needed for air shipments of batteries Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 pm
WASHINGTON - The government should issue more stringent rules for how rechargeable batteries are shipped on planes to prevent uncontrollable fires, the chairman of a federal accident investigations board said Tuesday.
- Obama admin says it won't use Ebola funding to combat Zika Updated: Feb-09-16 7:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Tuesday rejected a Republican suggestion to use money Congress provided to fight the Ebola virus to combat the Zika virus and mosquitoes that spread it.
- Deal says Obama's $42.7M Savannah harbor request falls short Updated: Feb-09-16 6:47 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The Obama administration requested $42.7 million on Tuesday to fund a second year of work to deepen Savannah's busy shipping channel, though Georgia officials said the amount falls far short of what's needed to keep the project on schedule.
- FAA shrinks Washington's no-drone zone Updated: Feb-09-16 6:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Drones and model aircraft can return to the skies in the outer ring of special airspace around the nation's capital.
- Conservative opposition threatens criminal justice overhaul Updated: Feb-09-16 6:42 pm
WASHINGTON - A handful of Senate Republicans on Tuesday dealt a severe blow to prospects for overhauling the criminal justice system in Congress this year, with one lawmaker calling the bipartisan legislation championed by President Barack Obama and some prominent conservatives "a massive social experiment in criminal leniency."
- Police arrest man at Minot AFB on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-09-16 6:41 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A 21-year-old Minot man accused of possessing child pornography has been arrested.
- US may limit items collected at Vietnam Vets memorial Updated: Feb-09-16 6:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service is considering limiting the items it collects at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- The Latest: North Carolina asking US Supreme Court for delay Updated: Feb-09-16 6:12 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on appeals involving a federal court decision directing North Carolina legislators to redraw congressional maps (all times local):
- 2 Utah police camera bills differ on what to make public Updated: Feb-09-16 5:56 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Civil liberties advocates say one of two proposals to regulate police body cameras in Utah this year would give law enforcement too much leeway and would exempt videos of fatal shootings from open records laws.
- Obama congratulates Broncos on Super Bowl win Updated: Feb-09-16 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says via Twitter that he has passed along his congratulations to the Denver Broncos for winning the Super Bowl.