- The Latest: Former President Bush arrives in Mississippi Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The latest on former President George W. Bush's trip to New Orleans and Gulfport, Mississippi, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina (all times local):
- Mississippi court hears arguments in rape conviction appeal Updated: Aug-27-15 2:45 pm
JACKS0N, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has declined to throw out the rape conviction of a death row inmate.
- The Latest: 3 House primary runoffs too close to call Updated: Aug-26-15 12:11 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Coleman, Britton win party primary runoffs for commissions Updated: Aug-25-15 11:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democratic and Republican party slates are now set for statewide and regional offices in Mississippi, with voters on Tuesday deciding one primary runoff for each party for a seat on a state commission.
- MDOT begins work on Highway 537 in Jones County Updated: Aug-25-15 9:34 pm
LAUREL, Mississippi - A three-month project by the Mississippi Department of Transportation to enhance safety on a stretch of Highway 537 in Jones County has begun.
- Ruling stands for Pearl River Co. in plant dispute Updated: Aug-21-15 9:52 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has let stand a ruling against a group of residents who sought to block development of five acres near the construction site of a sand drying plant in Pearl River County.
- Mississippi high court rejects bond issue challenge Updated: Aug-21-15 8:10 am
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has denied a challenge to a $3.2 million bond issue approved by the Lauderdale County Board of Supervisors.
- 4 from New Orleans die in fatal accident in Mississippi Updated: Aug-19-15 6:29 pm
CRYSTAL SPRINGS, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol says two adults and two children from New Orleans have died in a car crash south of Jackson.
- MDOT provides funding for railroad projects Updated: Aug-19-15 4:32 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Transportation is providing $1.4 million for three railroad projects.
- New trial date set for former trooper accused in beating Updated: Aug-18-15 8:22 pm
ABERDEEN, Mississippi - A new court date has been set for a former Mississippi Highway Patrol trooper accused of using unnecessary and excessive force.
- Consultant aims to boost low-budget Democratic candidate Updated: Aug-18-15 5:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A political consultant who has worked for Democrats in the Deep South says he's trying to generate support for Robert Gray, the truck driver who did not spend a dime and won the party's nomination for Mississippi governor.
- Notable Mississippians join chorus to change state flag Updated: Aug-16-15 9:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jimmy Buffett, John Grisham, Morgan Freeman and former New Orleans Saints quarterback Archie Manning are among famous current and former Mississippi residents asking the state to remove the Confederate battle emblem from its flag.
- Mississippi death row inmate files appeal with US high court Updated: Aug-15-15 11:07 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The American Bar Association is joining a Mississippi death row inmate's quest for a new trial, asking the U.S. Supreme Court to consider the failure of Thomas Loden Jr.'s lawyer to search the record for evidence that could have persuaded a judge to spare Loden's life.
- Mississippi Supreme Court: Lee Justice Court judge must go Updated: Aug-13-15 7:06 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court stood by its decision to remove Lee County Justice Court Judge Rickey Thompson from office for misconduct Thursday.
- Couples sue to overturn Mississippi ban on gay adoptions Updated: Aug-12-15 7:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Susan Hrostowski remembers when Mississippi passed its law in 2000 banning same-sex couples from adopting children.
- MDOT provides funds for upgrades at state ports Updated: Aug-07-15 4:22 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Transportation has awarded $3.8 million to ports across the state for maintenance and improvement projects.
- Mississippi Supreme Court lets stand CON for hospital Updated: Aug-06-15 3:10 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has let stand the state's approval of a plan by Harrison HMA, owners of Gulf Coast Medical Center, to build a hospital in Biloxi.
- Mississippi man loses appeals conviction in sheriff's death Updated: Aug-06-15 3:03 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of a Lucedale man in the death of the sheriff of George County.
- Candidate who didn't even vote wins Democratic nomination Updated: Aug-05-15 4:43 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The 46-year-old truck driver who won the Democratic nomination for Mississippi governor says he spent nothing on his campaign and knows nobody in politics. He didn't even vote in the primary.
- Challengers unseat 4 DeSoto County state GOP House members Updated: Aug-05-15 10:39 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Four DeSoto County House Republican incumbents targeted by a pro-school choice group because of opposition to charter schools are among at least nine incumbents who lost party primaries Tuesday.
- Truck driver wins Dem nomination for Mississippi governor Updated: Aug-05-15 5:35 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Republican Gov. Phil Bryant has $2.8 million in his campaign fund, and his Democratic challenger in the November election is a truck driver who reported spending no money so far and who said he didn't even vote in Tuesday's primary.
- Hattiesburg's new police chief takes oath of office Updated: Aug-04-15 5:58 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg has a new police chief.
- 2 Republicans, 2 Dems in primaries for Mississippi lt. gov Updated: Aug-02-15 1:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A teacher who wants to dismantle the Common Core academic standards is trying to defeat Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves in the Republican primary.