- Highway patrol: Child hit by car dies Updated: May-27-16 7:35 am
SHANNON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the death of a child struck by a car on Highway 245 in Shannon.
- State: ID fraud charges against 12 construction workers Updated: May-27-16 4:24 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's attorney general says a dozen workers for a Flora construction company are accused of identity fraud and violating the Mississippi Employment Protection Act.
- State Supreme Court upholds refusal to turn over jury notes Updated: May-26-16 9:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's Supreme Court rejected a death row inmate's attempt to access prosecutors' notes on jury selection on Thursday.
- Mississippi high court won't reconsider drug-pricing case Updated: May-26-16 7:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court is standing by its decision to uphold a $30 million judgment for the state in a Medicaid drug-pricing lawsuit.
- Mississippi gov intends to join transgender bathroom lawsuit Updated: May-26-16 7:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant said Thursday that he is planning for Mississippi to join 11 states in suing the Obama administration for telling U.S. public schools to let transgender students use bathrooms and locker rooms that match their gender identity.
- The Latest: Hood won't rep governor in bathroom lawsuit Updated: May-26-16 6:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant wanting to join other states in suing the federal government (all times local):
- Democrats want special session to change Mississippi budget Updated: May-25-16 6:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democrats are renewing their demand for Republican Gov. Phil Bryant to call a special session so lawmakers can change parts of Mississippi's $6.3 billion spending plan before the new budget year begins July 1.
- Man jailed for impersonating a police officer Updated: May-25-16 6:23 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - An Alabama man is behind bars in Hattiesburg after allegedly impersonating a police officer.
- Mississippi high court is asked to toss 1990 death sentence Updated: May-24-16 11:12 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An attorney asked the Mississippi Supreme Court on Tuesday to toss out a death sentence for a man who has spent more than half his life on death row, saying he's mentally disabled and should not be executed for killing a family of four a quarter-century ago.
- The Latest: Attorney argues to toss inmate's death sentence Updated: May-24-16 2:06 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on arguments in a Mississippi death penalty case (all times local):
- Mississippi Highway Patrol plans holiday enforcement period Updated: May-24-16 11:35 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin the 2016 Memorial Day Travel Enforcement Period on Friday at 6 p.m. and conclude Monday at midnight.
- Widening Interstate 10, expect delays for 2 years Updated: May-23-16 6:47 am
OCEAN SPRING, Mississippi - The next two years will be a challenge for drivers and construction workers as Interstate 10 is widened from four lanes to six between Ocean Springs and Vancleave.
- Justices uphold conviction in 2008 Oktibbeha County slaying Updated: May-19-16 5:08 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has upheld the capital murder conviction of an Oktibbeha County man found guilty of fatally shooting his former girlfriend.
- Mississippi superintendent backtracks on transgender policy Updated: May-18-16 6:43 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Under fire from the governor and many Republican legislators, the Mississippi Department of Education now says it won't follow new federal guidance on use of bathrooms and locker rooms by transgender students.
- Man convicted of shooting Greenville rapper seeks new trial Updated: May-18-16 5:45 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A man convicted of murdering a Greenville rapper is asking the Mississippi Supreme Court to overturn his conviction.
- Sen. Burton's charge was for 2nd offense DUI Updated: May-18-16 5:06 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi lawmaker's arrest last weekend was on a second-offense DUI charge.
- GOP lawyer says Eaton election lawsuit should be dismissed Updated: May-17-16 7:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Lawyers for Republican leaders of the Mississippi House of Representatives say a lawsuit seeking to reinstate a Democratic representative should be dismissed.
- Mississippi governor signs $300 million bill Updated: May-17-16 6:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant on Tuesday signed a bill authorizing Mississippi to issue $250 million in bonds this year and another $50 million in the future.
- 2 Louisiana residents killed in Mississippi traffic accident Updated: May-16-16 7:15 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - Two Louisiana residents passing through Mississippi died in a one car accident.
- Mississippi bill aims to ban money to Planned Parenthood Updated: May-11-16 8:00 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Medicaid program will be banned from spending money with any facility that performs elective abortions under a new law that takes effect July 1.
- Mississippi editorial roundup Updated: May-11-16 4:37 pm
Recent editorials from Mississippi newspapers:
- 6 running for Mississippi House seat in a Delta district Updated: May-09-16 8:52 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Six candidates are running in a special election to fill a vacant Mississippi House seat in the Delta.
- Justices mull if judiciary has role in legislative dispute Updated: May-09-16 6:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court said Monday that it wants to hear arguments about a lawsuit a Democratic lawmaker filed earlier this year against the Republican House speaker.
- The Latest: Mississippi governor slams ACLU over lawsuit Updated: May-09-16 3:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on a federal lawsuit over a Mississippi religious objections law (all times local):
- AT&T donates $250,000 to Mississippi Civil Rights Museum Updated: May-06-16 10:31 am
TOUGALOO, Mississippi - AT&T Inc. is giving $250,000 to the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum and adjoining Museum of Mississippi History in downtown Jackson.