- Crews searching for man who jumped from boat at Lake Mead Updated: Jul-05-15 6:26 pm
BOULDER CITY, Nevada - Rescuers are searching for a man who was last seen Sunday afternoon jumping off a boat at Lake Meat National Recreational Area.
- Coast Guard searching for man missing near Texas pier Updated: Jul-05-15 4:58 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - U.S. Coast Guard crews and Port Aransas police are searching for a 21-year-old man who was reported missing after wading off a pier.
- America celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, parades Updated: Jul-05-15 2:46 am
Americans celebrated 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday with extravagant fireworks displays, rock and classical concerts and parades both big and small. Here were some highlights of Independence Day festivities around the nation:
- Obama: Freedom is paid for by men and women of US military Updated: Jul-05-15 12:47 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says U.S. service members make it possible to enjoy the "incredible blessings" in the greatest country on earth.
- Nebraska National Guard museum holds dedication ceremony Updated: Jul-04-15 5:33 pm
SEWARD, Nebraska - The Nebraska National Guard held a dedication ceremony for its new museum during Independence Day festivities in Seward.
- $35M hangar at Air Force museum in Dayton nearing completion Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Workers are nearing completion of a 224,000-square-foot hangar at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwest Ohio.
- Coast Guard saves 6 fishermen off SE Texas coast Updated: Jul-04-15 2:14 pm
BAY CITY, Texas - Six fishermen are safe after being rescued overnight when their fishing boat capsized 6 miles off the Southeast Texas coast.
- Pizzas to be served to troops in Afghanistan for 4th of July Updated: Jul-04-15 8:07 am
BUFFALO, New York - Nearly 10,000 American troops overseas are getting a slice of American pie for Independence Day.
- Coast Guard suspends Alaska search for overboard crew member Updated: Jul-03-15 9:46 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard has suspended a search for a cruise ship crew member who was reported overboard off Alaska.
- Officials call off search for missing swimmer in Barrington Updated: Jul-03-15 7:43 pm
BARRINGTON, Rhode Island - Authorities have called off a search in waters off Barrington for a man who went missing during a boating trip.
- Military recruits still not using American-made sneakers Updated: Jul-03-15 4:10 pm
BOSTON - New Balance thinks the U.S. military is dragging its feet.
- Mississippi River reopened after towboats collision Updated: Jul-03-15 10:11 am
CONVENT, Louisiana - The Coast Guard has reopened the Mississippi River after a collision of two towboats broke loose some barges- one containing caustic soda.
- Coast Guard rescues 3 after boat runs aground Updated: Jul-02-15 11:49 pm
ILWACO, Washington - A Coast Guard helicopter crew has rescued three people after their 16-foot pleasure boat became disabled and ran aground on a small island near Cape Disappointment on the southwest Washington coast.
- Coast Guard aiding search for missing boater in Barrington Updated: Jul-02-15 9:16 pm
BARRINGTON, Rhode Island - Local authorities and the Coast Guard are searching for a man who went missing while boating in waters off Barrington.
- Police: No evidence of shooting at Washington Navy Yard Updated: Jul-02-15 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Investigators found no evidence of a shooting after the Washington Navy Yard went on lockdown Thursday when someone reported shots fired in the same building where a gunman killed 12 workers in a rampage two years ago.
- Navy triples paid maternity leave to 18 weeks Updated: Jul-02-15 1:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Navy is tripling the amount of paid maternity leave that female sailors and Marines can take after the birth of a child, and will now provide a total of 18 weeks off.
- The Latest at Navy Yard: No hoax suspected, DC police say Updated: Jul-02-15 11:36 am
WASHINGTON - 11:30 a.m.
- Governor appoints next RI National Guard Adjutant General Updated: Jul-02-15 11:15 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo has appointed the next Adjutant General of the Rhode Island National Guard.
- Pumping, treating of Kirtland's jet fuel plume begins Updated: Jul-02-15 9:50 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez says a pump-and-treat system designed to clean up a massive plume of jet fuel at the edge of Albuquerque is now in use.
- Roswell man volunteers over 15,000 hours for wildlife refuge Updated: Jul-02-15 2:09 am
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Jim Montgomery has volunteered over 15,000 hours over the past 30 years for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge. In 1985, he began to do some volunteer work at the wildlife refuge but it wasn't until 1989 that he really became involved.
- Coast Guard rescues 4 stranded jet skiers in southern Jersey Updated: Jul-01-15 6:17 pm
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - The Coast Guard has rescued two children and two adult jet skiers who were stranded in the mud in southern New Jersey.
- Madras hangar added to National Register of Historic Places Updated: Jul-01-15 5:12 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Madras Army Air Field North Hangar has been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Commander who served in Iraq war in line to be Marine chief Updated: Jul-01-15 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday the White House is nominating Lt. Gen. Robert Neller, a commander who served in Iraq's western province during one of the most violent periods of the war, to be commandant of the Marine Corps.
- Air Force professor found stranded on cliff after 2 days Updated: Jul-01-15 2:01 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - An Air Force Academy professor who went missing for two days while on a hike is recovering after he got injured and stranded on a cliff face in Colorado.
- Opelika men recount rescue off Ala coast Updated: Jul-01-15 12:36 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - Two Opelika firefighters and one former firefighter are safe and back at work after they were separated from their boat when a scuba dive outing went wrong in the Gulf of Mexico 13 miles off the coast of Orange Beach.