- Kerry at House hearing: Nothing in Iran deal built on trust Updated: Jul-28-15 1:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry pitched the administration's controversial nuclear deal with Iran before a skeptical House Foreign Affairs Committee on Tuesday, pushing back against the allegation it would ease crippling sanctions forever in exchange for temporary concessions on weapons development.
- US military chief: World risks becoming immune to crises Updated: Jul-28-15 1:26 pm
NEW YORK - The top U.S. military official is warning that the world risks becoming immune to the escalating global security threats and doing nothing.
- US Navy examines health concerns near Guantanamo court Updated: Jul-28-15 1:07 pm
MEXICO CITY - A complaint lodged with the Pentagon has prompted the U.S. Navy to look into the possible presence of something causing cancer at the base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Upper Houston Ship Channel reopens after diesel spill Updated: Jul-28-15 12:03 pm
HOUSTON - A stretch of the upper Houston Ship Channel has reopened after about 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel spilled and forced a three-hour closure.
- The Latest on missing boys: Coast Guard still optimistic Updated: Jul-28-15 11:44 am
JUPITER, Florida - The latest on the search for the two Florida teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Teens missing on fishing trip strayed from agreed-upon route Updated: Jul-28-15 11:20 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Two teens missing at sea had strayed from the agreed-upon boundaries for their fishing trip, the stepfather of one of the boys said Tuesday, as the Coast Guard continued a massive search off Florida's Atlantic coast.
- Plans for Army base could include museum, amphitheater Updated: Jul-28-15 7:32 am
ATLANTA - Filmmaker Tyler Perry's plans for a sprawling movie studio at Fort McPherson may include an amphitheater and a museum, according to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Coast Guard searches for missing paddle boarder Updated: Jul-28-15 5:55 am
FORT PIERCE, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a man who went missing while paddle boarding off of Florida's Atlantic coast.
- Coast Guard helps release sea turtle hatchlings Updated: Jul-28-15 3:04 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard has helped over 580 sea turtle hatchlings make their way into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Gov. Baker to lobby for Massachusetts military Updated: Jul-28-15 2:20 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is headed to Washington to make the case for the state's six military installations.
- House backs bill to help vets who've suffered sexual assault Updated: Jul-27-15 8:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Veterans who suffered sexual assault or other sexual abuse while in uniform would get help more easily from the Department of Veterans Affairs under a bill approved Monday by the House.
- Coast Guard ends Kachemak Bay search after boaters call in Updated: Jul-27-15 6:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A boat reported missing in Kachemak Bay is out of danger.
- GOP lawmakers call to arm more military members Updated: Jul-27-15 2:45 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Republican lawmakers announced a bill in the works on Monday to allow more active duty members of the military and National Guard to carry weapons, the latest of nationwide responses to a deadly shooting at military facilities in Tennessee.
- 'Just the ticket': 4-star solution to nuclear Air Force ills Updated: Jul-27-15 2:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Working to reinvigorate its nuclear force after years of missteps and scandal, the Air Force is putting a four-star general in charge for the first time in the post-Cold War era. His mission: Restore institutional muscle and assert more influence on the force's behalf.
- Lab that received anthrax decontaminated Updated: Jul-27-15 7:58 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin commercial laboratory that mistakenly received live anthrax spores had been decontaminated and reopened.
- Coast Guard urges safety after boat hits Chicago breakwall Updated: Jul-27-15 4:53 am
CHICAGO - The U.S. Coast Guard is urging boaters to be mindful of safety after a recreational vessel hit a Chicago breakwall over the weekend.
- Coast Guard will help release sea turtle hatchlings Updated: Jul-27-15 3:05 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - The Coast Guard is going to help over 580 sea turtle hatchlings make their way into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Remains of 36 unidentified Marines from WWII battle return Updated: Jul-27-15 1:55 am
JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, Hawaii - The military and a private organization have brought home the remains of 36 Marines killed in one of World War II's bloodiest battles.
- Police ID 2 women killed when boat hits bridge abutment Updated: Jul-26-15 5:08 pm
DUNDALK, Maryland - Police have identified two women who died after a 37-foot boat collided with a concrete abutment that protects the Francis Scott Key Bridge near Baltimore.
- Army cook made career keeping soldiers fed Updated: Jul-26-15 4:35 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - The year was sometime around 1965, and Red Cossel had it all. With a full head of long red hair - thus the nickname that's survived his whole life - he dropped out of high school in favor of a car, girlfriend and $100-a-week construction job, good money for the time.
- Body found in Detroit River, 3 days after man's disappears Updated: Jul-26-15 2:30 pm
DETROIT - The U.S. Coast Guard says boaters have found a man's body in the Detroit River.
- Body of 1 missing swimmer recovered in Md. Updated: Jul-26-15 12:49 pm
LUSBY, Maryland - Authorities have recovered the body of a swimmer who went missing near Cove Point Light Station in Lusby.
- Vermont Air National Guard to hold open house Updated: Jul-26-15 8:22 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Air National Guard is going to be holding an open house at its South Burlington base.
- UCF researcher appointed to Army advisory board Updated: Jul-26-15 3:10 am
ORLANDO, Florida - A University of Central Florida vice president has been appointed to serve on the Army Science Board.
- Rescuers recover body of missing boater in Maryland Updated: Jul-25-15 6:07 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Investigators located the body of a boater who was missing after an accident in the Wicomico River near Salisbury.