- Oklahoma, Tulsa push for F-35 base at Tulsa International Updated: Aug-01-15 3:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - If state and local officials have their way, the Oklahoma Air National Guard base in Tulsa will become the newest home of the U.S. military's most expensive weapons system, the F-35 Lightning II.
- Navy's newest attack submarine, USS John Warner, joins fleet Updated: Aug-01-15 2:47 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy's newest nuclear-powered attack submarine joined the fleet Saturday, with top Navy officials saying that it couldn't come soon enough with ever-increasing demands from combatant commanders.
- Kerry in Cairo for Egypt security talks Updated: Aug-01-15 2:05 pm
CAIRO - Secretary of State John Kerry is in Cairo for security talks with Egyptian officials before heading to Qatar to try to ease Arab concerns about the Iran nuclear deal.
- Navy contract employing New Orleans workers changes hands Updated: Aug-01-15 12:49 pm
NEW ORLEANS - System Integration and Management has notified Louisiana officials it will lay off about 100 employees at its New Orleans site over coming weeks after its contract with the U.S. Navy ended.
- Coast Guard rescues 2 women off the coast of Georgia Updated: Aug-01-15 11:49 am
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - A Coast Guard crew rescued a mother and daughter after their boat capsized off Georgia's coast.
- Search continues for Illinois woman in Lake Michigan Updated: Aug-01-15 11:43 am
PORTER, Indiana - Indiana Conservation Officers and the Coast Guard are searching for a 20-year-old Illinois woman on Lake Michigan after rescuing two other women she was swimming with.
- Coast Guard crews searching for missing diver Updated: Aug-01-15 10:13 am
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials in Miami say that are searching for a diver reported missing off the coast of Cudjoe Key.
- New York Air Guard unit competing in parachute competition Updated: Aug-01-15 8:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Two New York Army National Guard helicopters are in Rhode Island this weekend for the largest international military parachute competition in the world.
- National Guard opening renovated center in Westminster Updated: Aug-01-15 5:04 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - The Maryland National Guard is opening a renovated center housing a military police unit in Westminster.
- Kerry off to Mideast with Egypt, Iran deal, Syria on agenda Updated: Jul-31-15 11:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry headed to the Middle East on Friday for security talks in Egypt and discussions in Qatar with Arab foreign ministers whose countries are wary of the nuclear deal struck with Iran.
- 'Gut-wrenching' decision: Search for teens suspended Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - After hundreds of rescue workers fanned out across a massive swath of the Atlantic for a full week, the Coast Guard's search for two teenage fishermen ended Friday, a heart-rending decision for families so convinced the boys could be alive they're pressing on with their own hunt.
- The latest: Coast Guard suspends search for missing teens Updated: Jul-31-15 8:26 pm
MIAMI - The latest on the search for the two teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Coast Guard honors teenage plane crash survivor Updated: Jul-31-15 7:50 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Coast Guard has honored the teenage survivor of a plane crash near Juneau for helping other passengers and attracting the attention of rescuers.
- Texas woman returns Navy ring to man she dated in WWII Updated: Jul-31-15 5:13 pm
WACO, Texas - A man and woman who dated more than 70 years ago were reunited Thursday afternoon at a Waco Luby's Cafeteria after Jeanette Gooch Green, 90, found a U.S. Navy ring he gave to her while on leave during World War II.
- Bollinger's 14th Fast Response Cutter sent to US Coast Guard Updated: Jul-31-15 4:52 pm
LOCKPORT, Louisiana - A Lockport-based ship building company announced that its latest vessel has been delivered to the U.S. Coast Guard in Key West, Florida.
- Authorities identify body pulled from Mississippi River Updated: Jul-31-15 3:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office has positively identified the body found floating in the Mississippi River earlier this week as that of 42-year-old Dave Hebron.
- Buckeye Lake plan gets OK from US Army Corps of Engineers Updated: Jul-31-15 1:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state's effort to replace the deteriorated dam at Buckeye Lake has won key approval from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Pleasure boat taking on water off Louisiana found, towed Updated: Jul-31-15 8:35 am
CAMERON, Louisiana - The Coast Guard says a boat reported sinking in the Gulf of Mexico off Louisiana has been safely towed to shore and one passenger was treated for minor injuries.
- Carolinas National Guard units train together at Fort Bragg Updated: Jul-31-15 6:59 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - National Guard units from South Carolina and North Carolina will train together at Fort Bragg this weekend.
- Oklahoma Air National Guard to receive new aircraft, mission Updated: Jul-31-15 3:20 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Air National Guard is getting a new aircraft, and a new mission.
- Scientist: Oil slick likely from natural seafloor seepage Updated: Jul-30-15 10:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Coast Guard officials say it will likely be a couple more days before they can definitively say what caused a miles-long oil slick to materialize off the Santa Barbara County coast this week, but an expert said Thursday it was more than likely the result of ocean-floor seepage.
- Coast Guard continues search for overdue paddle boarder Updated: Jul-30-15 7:05 pm
FORT PIERCE, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard says it's continuing to search for a paddle boarder who is overdue for arrival in South Carolina.
- Unusual terror case going to trial in US court in Virginia Updated: Jul-30-15 5:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Hundreds of terror suspects have been tried in federal courts since the 2001 attacks, but a case unfolding in Virginia differs from most in at least one key respect.
- Turkey onslaught on Kurds, after IS attack, fuels anger Updated: Jul-30-15 3:31 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Just when it seemed Turkey was getting serious about the fight against IS, it has turned its military focus to pounding its old foe: the Kurdish rebels.
- 7 more sentenced in National Guard recruiting scam in Texas Updated: Jul-30-15 3:25 pm
HOUSTON - Seven more National Guard members in Texas are going to prison or must serve probation in a scam to collect recruiting bonuses.