- Norway-flagged tanker gauging damage after Bering Sea mishap Updated: Jun-24-16 7:26 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A nearly 600-foot chemical tanker ran aground on an Alaska island in the Bering Sea.
- Man who says he killed bin Laden to go to trial for DUI Updated: Jun-24-16 5:53 pm
BUTTE, Montana - The former Navy SEAL who claims to have fired the shots that killed Osama bin Laden will go to trial in September on a drunken-driving charge.
- Navy pilot accused of recording teen girl in dressing room Updated: Jun-24-16 5:50 pm
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - A Navy pilot is accused of recording a 16-year-old girl without permission in the dressing room of a Chesapeake store.
- The Latest: Calls for 2nd referendum crash UK website Updated: Jun-24-16 5:46 pm
LONDON - The Latest on Britain's historic vote to leave the European Union (all times local):
- After Obama decision, first US airstrikes hit Afghan Taliban Updated: Jun-24-16 4:43 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. military has launched its first airstrikes against the Taliban in Afghanistan since President Barack Obama's decision earlier this month to expand America's involvement against the insurgents, U.S. officials said Friday.
- North Korea: We won't abandon nukes with US gun to our head Updated: Jun-24-16 3:47 pm
PYONGYANG, North Korea - The top North Korean official for U.S. relations told The Associated Press on Friday that his country is now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, and Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches like the ones earlier this week as long as it attempts to force his government's collapse through a policy of pressure and punishment.
- 2nd Navy officer fired over Iran's detention of 10 sailors Updated: Jun-24-16 12:59 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Navy has fired a second commander in connection with the 10 American sailors who wandered into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf in January and were captured and held by Iran for about 15 hours.
- Dakota Dunes officials look back on devastating 2011 flood Updated: Jun-24-16 11:09 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - For Jeff Dooley and Al Leber, the 2011 Missouri River flood represented a five-month, round-the-clock battle threatening the Dakota Dunes community, school district and surrounding area.
- The Latest: National Guard to help with flood response Updated: Jun-24-16 10:14 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on severe weather in Virginia (all times local):
- 1st cruise ship set for Northwest Passage passes inspection Updated: Jun-23-16 7:38 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard is gearing up for the inaugural voyage of a luxury cruise ship through the Northwest Passage and said Thursday the Crystal Serenity easily passed a routine inspection.
- Former Defense Department employee pleads guilty to bribery Updated: Jun-23-16 6:06 pm
SAN DIEGO - A retired government contracting supervisor pleaded guilty to bribery Thursday, admitting he accepted more than $300,000 from a Malaysian businessman nicknamed "Fat Leonard" whom prosecutors say bilked the armed forces out of more than $34 million in one of the Navy's worst corruption cases.
- 2 kayakers found dead, 1 hospitalized in Maine after search Updated: Jun-23-16 4:17 pm
MOUNT DESERT ISLAND, Maine - The Coast Guard says two kayakers are dead after a kayaking incident off Mount Desert Island.
- Michigan veteran: Medal of Honor belongs to helicopter crew Updated: Jun-23-16 3:24 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - A Vietnam War helicopter pilot recently selected to receive the Medal of Honor said Thursday he didn't hesitate to volunteer leading an airborne rescue mission that saved the lives of dozens of troops despite the prospect of coming under intense enemy fire.
- Boeing's historic deal with Iran rests on shaky foundations Updated: Jun-23-16 3:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Boeing Co.'s historic $25 billion deal with Iran Air potentially rides on hopes that Tehran would stop its past practice of using the airline's planes to ferry fighters and weapons across the Middle East.
- Second body found as searchers seek missing family in Gulf Updated: Jun-23-16 2:41 pm
MIAMI - A second body was recovered Thursday as crews continued searching the Gulf of Mexico for a family missing off of southwest Florida, the U.S. Coast Guard reported.
- The Latest: 2nd body found in search for sailboat family Updated: Jun-23-16 2:35 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on the search for a Florida family last seen on a sailboat in the Gulf of Mexico (all times local):
- Coast Guard exchanges halt sales of 'assault-style' guns Updated: Jun-23-16 2:34 pm
KODIAK, Alaska - "Assault-style" guns are no longer being sold at four Coast Guard exchange stores that handle firearms, the agency confirmed.
- Idaho reminds paddleboard operators to have safety gear Updated: Jun-23-16 1:14 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation is reminding paddleboard users that the increasingly popular crafts are considered vessels when operated outside of marked swimming areas and are required to have safety equipment.
- Albania Euro 2016 squad gets red-carpet welcome back home Updated: Jun-23-16 1:11 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Albania's football squad was welcomed home Thursday with a red-carpet ceremony on its return from the country's first ever participation at the European Championship, although the team was knocked out in the first round.
- Coast Guard to boost security at Kodiak base Updated: Jun-23-16 9:25 am
KODIAK, Alaska - The Coast Guard base in Kodiak is beefing up its security with a new system that will affect the military installation's civilian visitors.
- Testing finds chemicals in well near former Wurtsmith base Updated: Jun-23-16 8:13 am
OSCODA, Michigan - Preliminary testing has found toxic fluorocarbons at concentrations above a federal advisory threshold at a residential well near the former Wurtsmith Air Force Base.
- Fire damages 5 boats at Algoma marina Updated: Jun-23-16 8:01 am
ALGOMA, Wisconsin - Five boats have been damaged in a fire at the Algoma Marina.
- No July 4 fireworks at US bases in Japan after Okinawa rape Updated: Jun-23-16 7:50 am
TOKYO - There will be no Fourth of July fireworks for American troops in Japan this year because of restrictions imposed after a former U.S. Marine was accused of raping and murdering a woman on Okinawa.
- Dayton to travel to Croatia to solidify military partnership Updated: Jun-23-16 7:40 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton plans to travel to Croatia next week to promote the long-running partnership between the Minnesota National Guard and the military in the European nation.
- Military veterans converge on Detroit for service projects Updated: Jun-23-16 7:33 am
DETROIT - A few dozen U.S. military veterans and reservists are heading to Detroit in a mass deployment to perform service projects at city parks and schools.