- LGBT anti-discrimination employment bill advances in Senate Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Senators advanced a proposal to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, moments after an initial vote appeared to stall the measure in committee.
- Senate OKs bill to promote wide variety of energy sources Updated: Apr-20-16 4:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate overwhelmingly approved a far-reaching energy bill Wednesday that reflects significant changes in U.S. oil and natural gas production over the past decade and boosts alternative energy sources such as wind and solar power.
- Senators call on Obama to investigate sexual assault cases Updated: Apr-19-16 11:35 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Barack Obama is being urged by two U.S. senators to investigate whether the Pentagon misled Congress with information about sexual assault cases in an effort to undercut support for a Senate bill that senior military officials steadfastly oppose.
- Ottawa fires coach Dave Cameron after team misses playoffs Updated: Apr-12-16 10:02 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Pierre Dorion wasted no time making his first move as general manager of the Ottawa Senators.
- Bryan Murray stepping down as GM of Ottawa Senators Updated: Apr-10-16 2:21 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Bryan Murray would have liked his time as general manager of the Ottawa Senators to have a better ending.
- Bruins collapse with playoffs on line, lose 6-1 to Senators Updated: Apr-09-16 6:20 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins lost starting goalie Tuukka Rask 90 minutes before the faceoff, blew their regular-season finale midway through the game and said goodbye to the playoffs before the day was over.
- Red Wings still reach playoffs despite 3-2 loss to Rangers Updated: Apr-09-16 5:39 pm
NEW YORK - Despite ending the regular season with consecutive losses, the Detroit Red Wings found a way to extend their remarkable playoff streak.
- Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask misses crucial season finale Updated: Apr-09-16 1:51 pm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask missed Saturday's regular-season finale against the Ottawa Senators as his team played for one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
- Robinson's 1st NHL goal helps Senators top Panthers 3-1 Updated: Apr-08-16 12:10 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - In a disappointing season, the Ottawa Senators finished up their home schedule by giving their fans something to cheer about.
- Senators demand Army explain why no hunt for alleged rapist Updated: Apr-06-16 2:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Two U.S. senators are demanding that the Army's top civilian official explain why the service never searched for a soldier who went AWOL after learning he was suspected of raping a 15-year-old girl.
- Crosby, Hagelin score twice, Pens beat Sens 5-3 Updated: Apr-06-16 12:04 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - The Pittsburgh Penguins keep winning, and coach Mike Sullivan thinks they can be even better.