- Proposed Illinois gun plan receives bipartisan support Updated: Jun-23-16 5:18 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure has been introduced in the Illinois Legislature that would allow Illinois State Police to notify the FBI if someone on a terrorist watch list applies for a firearm ownership card.
- 2 Illinois state troopers killed decades ago to be honored Updated: Jun-16-16 10:54 pm
EFFINGHAM, Illinois - Two Illinois state troopers who were killed in the line of duty decades ago are being honored with new roadside memorial signs.
- In Illinois, small agencies struggle to report hate crimes Updated: Jun-05-16 12:54 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Between 2009 and 2014, more than a fifth of law enforcement agencies in Illinois did not report to the FBI on whether any hate crimes had been committed in their communities in spite of the federal agency's push to track such crimes, according to an Associated Press analysis of FBI data.
- Former Illinois trooper gets 50 years for killing girlfriend Updated: Jun-01-16 3:46 pm
MAYWOOD, Illinois - A former Illinois state trooper convicted of killing his girlfriend has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Detectives work to bring justice to Robbins rape victims Updated: May-30-16 2:34 pm
ROBBINS, Illinois - Two Cook County detectives are starting to see successes in their mission to bring justice to dozens of victims whose rape kits were never sent to a state police crime lab for DNA testing.
- Inmate charged with murder in Southern Illinois jail death Updated: May-28-16 6:06 pm
MURPHYSBORO, Illinois - The only inmate being held with a man who was found dead in a Southern Illinois jail cell has been charged with first-degree murder.