- Harvey settles with 7 victims over untested rape kits Updated: Aug-19-15 3:44 pm
CHICAGO - An attorney says the city of Harvey will pay seven rape victims a total of $1.44 million to settle lawsuits over untested rape kits.
- Illinois trooper's trial over strip search delayed Updated: Aug-13-15 6:40 pm
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - Recent unrest on the anniversary of Michael Brown's police shooting death in Ferguson, Missouri, has led to the postponement of a trial for a white state trooper accused of an improper strip search of a black Illinois motorist, a prosecutor said Thursday.
- Chicago highway shootings prompt long-term police operation Updated: Aug-10-15 5:13 pm
CHICAGO - An increase in the number of gang-related shootings on or near Chicago-area expressways has prompted Illinois State Police to launch periodic efforts to flood the city's highways with law enforcement officials.
- Team of officers keeping tabs on medical marijuana disbanded Updated: Aug-09-15 12:05 pm
CHICAGO - A law enforcement team put together to oversee the state's medical cannabis program has been disbanded because of the Illinois budget crisis.
- Police: Suspect kills self after carjacking, bank robbery Updated: Aug-08-15 11:30 am
COLLINSVILLE, Illinois - Illinois State Police say a man who stole an SUV and robbed a bank in southern Illinois killed himself after being cornered by police.
- Illinois trooper honored for rescue of man in submerged car Updated: Aug-03-15 5:05 am
FAIRFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois state trooper is being honored with the agency's Medal of Honor for rescuing a McLeansboro man from a car that had plunged into a flooded drainage ditch last year.