- Michigan grad decides to finish career at Indiana Updated: Jun-03-15 12:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Forward Max Bielfeldt will finish his college basketball career at Indiana after recently graduating from Michigan.
- Northwestern lands Va. Tech transfer van Zegeren Updated: Jun-01-15 4:36 pm
EVANSTON, Illinois - Northwestern has signed Virginia Tech transfer Joey van Zegeren.
- Miles' new deal has bonuses for Big Ten title, NCAA berth Updated: Jun-01-15 11:24 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska men's basketball coach Tim Miles' new contract also has changes in how he earns certain bonuses.
- Michigan signs 6-foot-10 German to letter of intent Updated: May-29-15 7:50 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan basketball has signed 6-foot-10 German forward Moritz Wagner to a letter of intent.
- College basketball player drowns in Indiana reservoir Updated: May-29-15 12:46 pm
CICERO, Indiana - A University of Indianapolis basketball player drowned after he fell into an Indiana reservoir without a lifejacket, investigators said Friday.
- Nebraska coach Miles' pay hits $2 million after down season Updated: May-27-15 11:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Tim Miles has received a 21-percent raise that makes him the first Nebraska basketball coach to be paid $2 million a year.
- Nebraska's Miles receives contract extension through 2019-20 Updated: May-26-15 6:06 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska men's basketball coach Tim Miles has had his contract extended one year through the 2019-20 season.
- Gophers add Texas A&M transfer Fitzgerald to recruit class Updated: May-26-15 5:52 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Texas A&M forward Davonte Fitzgerald is transferring to Minnesota.
- Minnesota adds Texas prep star Murphy to recruiting class Updated: May-20-15 7:47 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota has added San Antonio prep star Jordan Murphy to its 2015 recruiting class.
- Wisconsin's Alvarez: Abolish so-called 20-hour rule Updated: May-20-15 5:57 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez said it's time to abolish the so-called 20-hour rule designed to limit how much time students spend on athletics instead of academics per week.
- Indiana Mr. Basketball Swanigan commits to Purdue Updated: May-19-15 2:26 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Caleb Swanigan of Fort Wayne, the reigning Indiana Mr. Basketball, plans to play for Purdue next season.
- Winners announced in Michigan APME newspaper contest Updated: May-17-15 2:11 pm
DETROIT - Newspapers in Detroit, Ann Arbor and Jackson were named the best in the state Sunday in the annual Michigan Associated Press Media Editors newspaper competition.
- Indiana dismisses Davis, Mosquera-Pera after pot incident Updated: May-14-15 6:41 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana dismissed sophomore Devin Davis and senior Hanner Mosquera-Perea on Thursday, cutting two of the players whose off-court problems have led to a series of embarrassing headlines for the storied program.
- Illini to host Irish in first meeting since 2003 Updated: May-13-15 5:53 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois plans to reopen the renovated State Farm Center on Dec. 2 against Notre Dame as part of the annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- Iowa athletics administrator Fred Mims to retire Updated: May-13-15 5:44 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The University of Iowa says longtime senior athletics administrator Fred Mims is set to retire.
- Maryland-UNC headlines ACC/Big Ten Challenge matchups Updated: May-13-15 3:09 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Maryland will visit an old Atlantic Coast Conference rival in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Indiana suspends Davis after marijuana possession citation Updated: May-12-15 3:45 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana sophomore basketball player Devin Davis has been suspended from all team activities after being cited for marijuana possession.
- Former Duke guard Rasheed Sulaimon transferring to Maryland Updated: May-11-15 3:27 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Former Duke guard Rasheed Sulaimon will play his final season at Maryland.
- Warrant issued for former Gophers basketball player McNeil Updated: May-05-15 8:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An arrest warrant has been issued for former Minnesota basketball player Daquein McNeil after he failed to appear in court on assault charges.
- Minnesota adds Philadelphia prep wing to recruiting class Updated: May-05-15 8:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota has added Philadelphia prep standout Ahmad Gilbert to its recruiting class.