- White takes name out of NBA draft pool to return to Huskers Updated: May-25-16 8:36 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Andrew White III will return to Nebraska men's basketball team next season after removing his name from the NBA draft.
- Purdue's Swanigan will return to school for sophomore season Updated: May-25-16 4:52 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue forward Caleb Swanigan has withdrawn from the NBA draft and will return to school for his sophomore season.
- Indiana's Blackmon withdraws from NBA draft on deadline day Updated: May-25-16 12:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana guard James Blackmon Jr. has withdrawn from the NBA draft.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to return for senior season Updated: May-24-16 10:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes says he'll be back for his senior season with the Badgers.
- Illinois dismisses Nunn after domestic battery guilty plea Updated: May-24-16 7:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois on Tuesday dismissed junior guard Kendrick Nunn from the basketball team following his guilty plea to misdemeanor domestic battery.
- Andrew Fleming transferring from Iowa to Chattanooga Updated: May-24-16 3:05 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga has added Iowa transfer Andrew Fleming to its roster.
- Duke-Michigan St, UNC-Indiana headline ACC/Big Ten Challenge Updated: May-24-16 2:24 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Duke will play host to Michigan State and North Carolina will visit Indiana in the marquee matchups of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Edwards withdraws from NBA draft, will play again for Purdue Updated: May-24-16 10:44 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue junior forward Vincent Edwards has decided not to pursue the NBA for now.
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season Updated: May-20-16 5:40 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Peter Jok will return to Iowa men's basketball team next season after removing his name from the NBA draft.
- Illinois' Tate rejoins basketball team after case dropped Updated: May-20-16 3:16 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois athletic director Josh Whitman says Jaylon Tate has been reinstated to the basketball team after a misdemeanor battery charge against him was dropped.
- Prosecutor: Case against Illinois' Jaylon Tate dropped Updated: May-19-16 5:50 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Prosecutors have dropped a misdemeanor domestic battery charge against Illinois basketball player Jaylon Tate after concluding there was not enough evidence to convict him.
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: May-19-16 1:50 pm
The Free Press of Mankato, May 18
- Rutgers settles suit with ex-basketball player for $300k Updated: May-19-16 6:49 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers University has settled a lawsuit by a former men's basketball player with learning disabilities for $300,000.
- Brown gets new job at Illinois; Nunn pleads in battery case Updated: May-18-16 5:28 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois added former star Dee Brown to its staff Wednesday, saw Kendrick Nunn plead guilty to misdemeanor battery and learned that center Mike Thorne Jr. will get a sixth year of eligibility.
- Illinois' Nunn pleads guilty to misdemeanor, gets probation Updated: May-18-16 1:25 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Illinois basketball player Kendrick Nunn has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery in a deal that eventually could see his record cleared.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens Updated: May-17-16 4:25 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Former Ohio State player Daniel Giddens has signed to play for Alabama.
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers Updated: May-17-16 12:17 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - James Palmer Jr., who played the last two seasons at Miami, is transferring to Nebraska.
- Former Michigan guard formally joins Purdue program Updated: May-17-16 12:33 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Former Michigan guard Spike Albrecht will finish his basketball career at Purdue, Boilermakers coach Matt Painter announced Monday.
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series Updated: May-13-16 3:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - UCLA will play Michigan in a home-and-home basketball series over the next two seasons.
- Under-pressure Pitino: 'We've got to get this right' Updated: May-12-16 6:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Richard Pitino's fourth year as the coach at Minnesota has come with significant pressure to pull up the floundering men's basketball program from the bottom of the Big Ten and help put an end to the off-the-court problems.
- Minnesota picks Mark Coyle from Syracuse as AD Updated: May-11-16 8:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mark Coyle was the athletic director at Syracuse for about 10 1/2 months, leaving the school with an opening for a second straight year.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser Updated: May-11-16 12:25 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico State basketball coach Paul Weir has added former Aggie and Illinois basketball coach Lou Henson as a special adviser.
- Audit finds overspending on travel by Gophers' coach Updated: May-11-16 11:42 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A University of Minnesota audit shows Gophers men's basketball coach Richard Pitino spent more than double his allowance for private jet travel since his hiring.
- Prosecutor delays charging decision against Minnesota player Updated: May-10-16 5:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A prosecutor has delayed a decision on whether to charge a Minnesota basketball player arrested on suspicion of criminal sexual conduct last weekend.
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics Updated: May-10-16 2:34 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers has raised more than $50 million since the start of the year in its campaign to build new athletic facilities and upgrade others in a bid to become more competitive in the Big Ten Conference.