- Eurozone inflation remains negative in May Updated: May-31-16 5:01 am
BRUSSELS - Official figures show that consumer prices across the 19-country eurozone fell in May for the third month in the last four.
- Eurozone economic sentiment improves for second month Updated: May-30-16 6:40 am
BRUSSELS - Economic confidence is up in the 19 European countries that use the euro, a survey showed Monday, thanks in particular to greater optimism among consumers that has led to a pickup in inflation expectations.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: May-27-16 1:20 pm
Business events and economic reports scheduled for the coming month:
- Report: European banks to struggle, may need to cut costs Updated: May-24-16 12:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - European banks are likely to struggle to make profits in months ahead and may need to cut costs, merge or change their business strategies to return to solid health, the European Central Bank said Tuesday.
- Germans sue European Central Bank over stimulus Updated: May-17-16 12:33 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - German opponents of the European Central Bank's latest economic stimulus program have filed a legal challenge in an attempt to bar their national central bank from taking part.
- Europe Central Bank to halt production of 500-euro bills Updated: May-04-16 4:11 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Production of the 500-euro banknote is being discontinued amid concerns it had become too popular among crooks and money launderers.